Status: This story belongs to troublemaker96 on Quizillia

Primitive Instincts

Epilogue

R I V E R

I rubbed my rounded belly as i watched my two children run along the beach. They ran into the water, shrieking loudly as the cold water splashed against their bare skin. they ran back onto the beach, laughing hysterically and i couldn't help but smile at their innocence.

I remembered when Max was like that. He was all grown up now. A man, living on his own in L.A. for the music program there. He turned out to have quite a talent when it came to the sax. I called and checked in with him all the time, chatting about growing up, and what a hell hole it had been, and how much better it all was now. I sometimes worried that he was still scarred by his childhood, but i also had my own children to worry about.

Milo, my first child, was now 6 years old. He was a strong, healthy boy and the spitting image of Embry. I knew, deep in my heart, that he had the gene. Obviously, i just wondered when the transformation would set in. I wanted him to be a kid, i wanted him to be a teenager, before he had to be a werewolf. But i had known the risk, i had always known, and i was prepared to put food on the table for two wolfs whenever the time came.

Kilee, was my second child, a little girl, who also looked like her dad, except for her skin. She had the longest hair I'd ever seen on a four year old, but her skin was pale, like mine, and i was constantly pouring tons of sun screen on her.

Then there were the twins, currently still in my womb, growing and developing in two little baby boys. We really were going to have our own little pack. Embry and I were still picking out names, and I had one that i really loved. Warren. I had had my mind set on it sense i found out i was pregnant...again. I had wanted three, three was the magic number. But i would never wish one away. I loved them all. But i was done getting pregnant that was for sure. Four was quite enough! Although Embry would sometimes hint at having more, i would always reply, "Okay, well then how about the next time you can carry the little human in your womb for nine months, then we can have more."

Right at that moment, Embry came up behind me, staring out the window as well at our playing children.

"Hey." he whispered in my ear.

"Hey Clifford." i replied, smiling to myself. "I thought you were on patrol?"

"Things are tortuously quiet. Sam let us go home." he sighed, rubbing his hands over my stomach in a loving way.

"Good. I don't like it when your gone." i said, turning around and setting my coffee down on the table. I was pregnant. So what? I would not be separated from my coffee. Ever since Emily had introduced me to it, i was hooked.

"You really shouldn't drink that. It's not good for the twins." he said, raising his eyebrows at me.

"You're joking right? There are mini future shape-shifters in my belly right now, i seriously doubt they're going to care that i drink some coffee. They're troopers, i can tell." i said, sitting down on the couch, with a little difficulty.

Embry sat down beside me and rolled his eyes. Then his eyes wandered to the window again, and for a while he just seemed deep in thought.

"Remember the day we first met?" he asked, locking eyes with me.

"Like it was yesterday." i smiled. He reached over and placed his thumb on my bottom lip, stroking it slowly.

"You were so skinny. I didn't...catch on at first. But the second time i noticed. I was so scared. I thought i might lose you before i even knew you. And then at the bus stop..." he trailed off, and i nearly teared up at the painful memory. "I thought i would never see you again. But then you just...showed up on the beach, and it was like the whole world was bright again, or...like everything was back where it should be." he said. I leaned over and kissed him, feeling the flame that still burned brightly after all these years flare up in my chest, making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

As we pulled away i reached up and pushed a hand through his hair. "Why the sudden stroll down memory lane?" i asked.

"Because...i love you. So why not?" he asked, and i laughed lightly, hearing the front door open and slam.

"Mommy! Kilee fell down and her knee is bleeding!" Milo yelled running into the living room, dragging his little sister by the hand.

"Oh let me see." i said, lifting her onto my lap and seeing nothing but a little scratch that was red around it. "Oh that's not so bad. I'll kiss it and make it better." i said, leaning down and kissing her little leg, hearing her giggle and squirm. "see all better." i said, smiling at them.

"Mommy i hungry." Kilee said, grabbing my face and making me look at her. Her little girl talk amused me to the point of laughter sometimes.

"Okay honey, what do you want?" i asked, raising my eyebrows at her as i heard Embry having a seemingly meaningless conversation with Milo.

"Tatter-totters." she said, which meant tatter-tots.

"Okay! Let's go make them." i said, standing up and carrying her into the kitchen. I set her down and got out a cookie sheet as Milo and Embry came into the kitchen as well, and i knew i would need a lot more food.

As i stood there, making dinner for my ever growing family, i sighed contently. This was what life was about.

Being happy.

THE END. (:
♠ ♠ ♠
There might be a sequel.....