‹ Prequel: Don't Hold Your Breath
Status: I may only be able to update once a week D: If that . . . stupid school >.<

You're The Only One

Does He Know The Way…?

Kaela's POV

"Hey Kaela." I looked up to see Patrick. I was at the grocery store, picking up some formula and coffee; Jane, I was holding on my hip. I should really invest in one of those little baby carrier backpack things and give my arms a break. 

"Hey Patrick." I responded. "What's up?"

"Oh nothin really. Just picking up some stuff for Pete's party tonight." 

Just the slight mention of Pete made my blood boil. I hate his guts with a firey passion for what he did to Ryan. Ryan was so broken down when he came to my house. It hurt to see him like that. 

I wonder if Patrick knew that his best friend had raped Ryan with the intention of tearing him away from Brendon because he was madly in love with him. 

If he did, I must say, he is not my best friend right now. 

He must have noticed my grimace because he looked at me confused. 

"Uh- oh. What did Pete do?" he asked. I'm going to go with no. 

"You mean you don't know?" I asked bitterly. 

"Noooo." he said dragging out the 'o'. 

I paused to think before responding. Should I tell him? Maybe he can help. Patrick is a good guy. He won't let Pete get away with something like that. Even if they are good friends. 

"Patrick, I need to tell you something. You have to promise you won't tell anyone else." I ordered. 

"I promise. What is it?" 

I told him the story from start to finish. By the end of it, his eyes were wide, and he hadn't said a word. 

"Pat?" I asked when he just stared at me in shock. 

"I-I b-but, y-you, huh? Raped? That idiot!" he finally spit out. "I knew he liked the guy, but this is just wrong."  

"You knew?" I asked.

"Yeah, he came to me for advice. I just told him to tell Ryan how he feels, hoping he would get closure or something. I didn't think he would go crazy." he told me. 

I sighed. "We need to do something. We're the only ones that know." 

"Well, I think I'm going to talk to Pete. Maybe try and talk him out of this crazy delusional mindset of his. Then I'll let you know what's happening." he said.   

I smiled. "Thank you so much." I said. 

"Anytime. But you know he's going to have to tell Brendon eventually." he said. 

"I know." I said. "He won't." 

He paused and looked at the ground. "You're probably right." 

"I think you should talk to Pete, then if nothing changes, we should tell Brendon. Ryan won't be happy, but it's for his own good." I told him. 

"Yeah. I agree." 

Before I could say anything in response, Jane threw her bottle at Patrick, and started screaming.

"Sorry. I think it's time for her nap." I said going to pick it up, but finding it weather difficult while holding the baby. 

He just laughed, and picked it up and handed it to me. "Its alright. No blood no foul."

I laughed too."Well I should get going, I need to get her home. Good luck with Pete." 

"Yeah thanks. I'll need it. I'll see you later." he said grabbing a case of beer and heading off in the other direction. 

It's things like this that make me miss being a teenager again. Things were so much simpler, even when they were complicated.        
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, this is super short. But the next chapter should be up in a few minutes. :D

YouBringMeATaco
xEPICx
MattLuvv
GreenUmbrellaTree
Loveisa4letterword
hatsu-kouen2143
give 'em hell payton
harlequinxlovers
Northern Downpour10


Love you all. :D