‹ Prequel: Don't Hold Your Breath
Status: I may only be able to update once a week D: If that . . . stupid school >.<

You're The Only One

I'm Really Not Okay

I woke up and took in my surroundings, realizing that I was still on Kaela's couch. I looked around and noticed that she wasn't around, but I heard Jane jabbering, and dishes clanking around in the kitchen, so I assumed she was in there. 

I got up and walked into the kitchen, to see that she was indeed doing dishes. 

"Hey." I said softly. 

"Hey." she sighed, sounding tired. I'm sure she didn't get any sleep last night. 

"How are you?" I asked in the most honest and sincere way. 

She sighed again. "I don't know really. I can't really believe it. It's one thing not having him around because I'm mad at him… but it's just too weird. I don't feel upset, I just feel like this is all some huge nightmare, that I'll wake up from. I feel like none of this is really happening." she explained. 

"I get it." I said. "You're probably just in some sort of denial, or shock. It just probably hasn't sunk in yet." I offered. 

She put the dishes down and sat down on a chair next to the dinning table. "I'm not looking forward to that." she said, with her head in her hands. 

"Do you have any idea what you're going to do?" I asked. 

"Well, it wouldn't be fair to kick him out of our house. We bought it together. I just think it would be hard having to see him so much. I still love him. I can't fall out of love with him just because he's gay. It's so hard. He was my first love…" she trailed off. I was afraid she might start crying again.

I went over to her and wrapped my arms around her as she sat there. I heard a few sniffles, so I assumed she was crying again, just not as much. I moved into the chair across from her so I could face her. 

"Kaela, it'll be alright. Soon. I promise." I spoke softly. 

She looked up at me with her tear filled eyes. "How?" she asked. I wish I could answer. But I didn't know what to say, so I didn't. 

I just sighed and reached over removing a strand of hair from her face. But then she did the unexpected. 

She leaned forward and pressed her lips to mine. I froze in shock. 

Why is everyone doing that?!

She pulled away abruptly when she realized what she did. She had wide eyes. But definitely not wider then mine. I think I had stopped breathing. 

"Oh my god. Ryan, I'm so sorry! I don't know what the hell came over me. I didn't mean that… ugh! I'm such an idiot!" She exclaimed standing up. 

"Uh," was all I could manage. 

"Please say something." she said beginning to freak out.

"W-Wha… I… huh?" I managed to spit out. 

"That was weird." she said touching her lips. "I felt like I was kissing my brother or something." she mumbled. Then shuttered. 

I slowly regained composure. "That was… strange…" I said. 

"I believe I just said that." she said. 

We sat in silence for a minute, then we both burst out laughing. 

"I'm so sorry." she said between laughs. 

"Its alright. You were upset. Just… don't ever do it again…" I said when I had finished laughing. 

"Don't worry. I don't think I will." she said. "If you told Brendon, you don't think he'd like… kill me or anything do you?" she asked. 

I had to stop and think. Brendon was extremely jealous and a bit irrational. But he also loved Kaela about as much as I did. So it's hard to say. 

"I don't really know…" I answered honestly. We both started laughing again, but the noise caused Jane to start fussing. Kaela walked over to pick her up while I checked my watch. 

"I'd love to stay and visit some more, but I should get home. I have to have lunch with my dad." I said. 

"Ouch. Good luck with that." she said. 

"Ha, thanks. It should be fine. Brendon's making us have it at Ardella's so he could keep an eye on us." I chuckled. 

She smiled and nodded. 

"See you later then!" I said. 

Just as I was about to exit out the door she stopped me. "Wait." she said. I stopped and waited for her to continue. He smile had faltered.  

"Tell Jon I said hi, and that his daughter wants to see him."

"You're not mad?" I asked surprised. 

"Not at him." she answered. "Its not his fault. I guess." I smiled and walked over, giving her a hug. 

"I'm sure he'll appreciate that." I said softly. She nodded and pulled away. 

"You better get going." she said. "I wouldn't want you to be late for your date." 

I playfully rolled my eyes, and gave one last wave to Jane and Kaela before exiting. 

I really hope she's okay.       
♠ ♠ ♠
Argh. I'm sorry it's short, and sucks, and I'm really sorry that it's really short, but I start school tomorrow and I wanted to get out another update. So don't hate me for this chapter Kay? :D

YAYYY!!!! 101 comments. :) I love you all. :D
(hehe. 69 subscribers.) :} I'm so awful. Haha.

I LOVE ALL YOU BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE!!