‹ Prequel: Don't Hold Your Breath
Status: I may only be able to update once a week D: If that . . . stupid school >.<

You're The Only One

The More Your Love Someone The More You Want To Kill Them

Kaela’s POV 

 Okay, so that was really weird. And awkward. I have no idea why I kissed him. I must be crazy. Although maybe he was right about the whole “denial” thing. But, I know very well what happened. My husband, first boyfriend, and first love, is gay. So why am I not more upset about this? Of course I’m upset, but why am I not more upset? Maybe I’m in shock.
 

Maybe it’s a good thing. 

Maybe I should focus on other things for now, for the sake of my sanity. 

As if on cue, my phone began ringing. Luckily it didn’t wake the baby. It was a number I didn’t recognize, 

“Hello?” I answered. 

“Hey, its me, Patrick.” He said. 

“Oh hi." 

“I, uh, talked to Pete . . .” he said.  

“OH! So what happened?!” I asked.

“Well it might be better for me to explain in person . . .” he trailed off.

“Okay, so why don’t you stop by.” I said. “Do you know where I live?”

“You live over by the theater right?” he asked.

“Yeah.” I said.

“Okay, yeah I know. I'll be there soon. I just left Pete’s house . . .”

~*~

Twenty minutes later there was a knock at the door, and there stood Patrick, just as expected.

“Hey.” I greeted. He nodded in response and walked in.  “So,” I started. “Did you talk some sense into that maniac friend of yours?”

“Well,” he began. “I’ll start from the beginning. It’s a bit of a long story. Do you mind if I sit down?” he asked,

“Of course not.” I answered, sitting down myself.

“Okay,” he paused talking a breath. Getting ready for his seemingly long story. “so, I went over there this morning to talk to him. I sat him down and told him I had to talk to him, and that it was serious. He agreed to sit down and talk to me like nothing was up.

“I started by asking him how things went with Ryan, and he told me about the kiss . . . that’s it. He said he hasn’t seen Ryan since. Then . . .” He paused. “I told him I knew what he did. The rape I mean.” He paused again.

“And . . .?” I prompted.

 He sighed before continuing. “He totally denied it. At first. I continued to question him, but he continued to deny it. He said I was crazy, and even got pissed off at me for accusing him. But finally . . . he cracked. I got him so pissed off, he exploded. He went off about Brendon, saying things like ‘He stole everything from me! The only way I can make Ryan mine is to break him! If I can’t have him, no one can!’ then he threw some things around the room and stormed out of the house. Then I called you.” he finished. 

"Wow." I said. "What do you think he meant by 'break him'?" I asked. "Do you think he was talking about you know… raping him?" I suggested. 

"Probably." he said. "I was more worried about the 'if I can't have him, no one can.'" he said using air quotes. 

My eyes widened in fear. "You don't think he's going to do something to Brendon do you?"

Realization washed over his features. "Or maybe Ryan?" he asked. 

"Well what more can he do to Ryan?" I asked. 

"Well, knowing Pete… let's just say… he goes to extremes." he said. "Where's Ryan right now?" 

"On his way to meet his dad for lunch at Ardella's." I told him. "And Brendon is working. You don't think he'd try anything now do you?" I asked. 

"I don't know. But I think we should tell Brendon as soon as possible." he told me. 

"You mean like… right now?" I asked. 

"Yeah. Before Pete has the chance to do anything." he said standing up. 

"Okay, but if Pete is really this insane, what's the most Brendon can do besides get extremely upset and get himself hurt?" I questioned.

He sighed and sat back down. "I don't know." 

"Well, if I know Brendon. I know that he is one crazy-ass mother fucker. And since Pete is too, Brendon just might be able to pull something." I reasoned. The only thing I worry about is Brendon getting himself hurt. But I guess if we don't tell him, Ryan will definitely get hurt. We don't really have a choice. 

Sorry Ryan. But it's for your own good. 

"Should we go now then?" he asked. 

"Yeah. I'll grab Isabella, and well be on our way. But be prepared. A pissed off Brendon is not someone you want to be around if you value your life." I warned him. 

He paused for a second. "Maybe I'll let you do the talking." he said. 

I rolled my eyes. 

"Lets go before Ryan leaves, and is all by himself and vulnerable." 

Ryan's POV

"Thank you Ryan. For giving me another chance." he said as we stood up from our chairs. He offered to pay, and was entirely gracious and polite the whole time. 

He's sober now, and renting an appartment across town. 

Although Brendon will more then likely object, I think I'm ready to move on and forgive him. I think I'm ready to let him back into my life. He's a man that's made many mistakes but he's better now. Brendon will most likely need a lot of convincing. 

That stubborn bastard. 

I laughed to myself. I just called my boyfriend a stubborn bastard.     

I don't think my dad noticed though. 

"Yeah, maybe I'll stop by sometime and visit." I grinned shaking his hand. I felt like we were sealing a buisness deal or something. 

"Yeah, that'll be great." he said. "I'll see you around. He said as he grabbed his coat and headed for the door after his awkward goodbye. 

I sighed, and felt oddly happy, despite what's been happening with Pete. 

I made my way into the kitchen where Brendon was working to tell him goodbye. 

"Hey Bren." I said peeking around the door frame. He looked up from the salad he was preparing and grinned.

"How'd it go?" he asked. 

"Oh, like you weren't watching the whole time." I teased. 

He rolled his eyes. "But how are you? He pushed. 

"I'm perfectly fine." I told him. He still thinks that all those times I was upset was because I was thinking of George Ryan Ross II. He won't believe me when I tell him I'm okay with it.  

He looked at me with sympathetic eyes that said nothing more then "I don't believe you, but I won't push it." I rolled my eyes and walked towards him, giving him a peck on the lips. 

"I'm going to head out now." I said. "I'll see you when you get home." 

"Okay. Just call me if you need anything." he said.

I laughed. His tendency to worry about the smallest things are not only annoying, but also sweet and amusing at the same time. 

"Okay, bye." I said as I exited.

"Bye." he said in a worried voice. 

I love him, but he worries too much. 

There's nothing for him to worry about. 

Well there's Pete. But he doesn't know about that. 

And besides. I haven't seen Pete for the last couple days, so maybe he's over it now. 

Hopefully. 

Maybe… maybe Kaela broke her promise, and talked to him and turned him straight. (In both senses of the word.) 

Yeah. That's what happened. 

Now Brendon will never have to find out, and we can go back to living our lives in peace and happiness with no drama. 

Except for the whole Jon, Spencer, Kaela thing. 

And the fact that Brendon hates my dads guts. 

But I guess that's pretty minor compared to the Pete thing. 

I walked back to my place with a certain peace of mind, since I had just convinced myself of a scenario that probably didn't happen. 

But it could have. 

Maybe I'm the crazy one. 

Oh well. 

I made my way upstairs to my apartment, and opened the door. Everything was just as I had left it last night, except for the few dirty dishes in the sink. 

I sighed and plopped down on the couch, reaching for the remote, but it wasn't in it's usual spot. I looked around, and it wasn't on the floor, or the couch, or the table. 

"Looking for this?" My muscles froze. I slowly moved my eyes to meet the unpleasant voice of those words. He was standing in the door way that led to the bedroom. He held the remote in his hands, in a taunting manner. 

"How d-did you g-get in here?" I stuttered. 

"Oh, I may or may not have stolen your extra set of keys last time I was over here." he said nonchalantly.

I gulped, not sure what to say. 

"Pete. Please-"

"I've decided to give you a choice." he cut me off. He tossed me the remote and reached into his pocket. What he pulled out just about made my heart nearly stop beating. 

He had a gun. 

"N-No. Pete, please don't-"

"Shut up." he interrupted again. "Let me talk." 

I shut my mouth, but now I was shaking, and my heart was beating to fast to be healthy. 

"Anyway, as I was saying, you have a choice. You could either leave Brendon, and run away with me. We could live together peacefully. But if I can have you, then no one can. So I suppose you can guess the other option." he finished. 

No. No. No. That's not fair. Either go with him or die? But what about Brendon?

"Pete. Think about this." he raised his eyebrows as if he was honestly interested in what I had to say. "If you kill me, then I'll be dead. And you'll be in jail. You're willing to risk all that just so Brendon can't have me?" 

He snorted. "You think I would really just kill you and leave? The whole point is so that we can be together!" he said. 

He wouldn't…"You mean you're going to kill yourself?" I asked in disbelief. 

"You always were smart." he answered. "I'm glad you figured it out. He smirked. 

"Pete! This is crazy!" I exclaimed out of fear. 

"I never claimed to be sane." he said. I felt tears well up in my eyes. What was I supposed to do? I was finding it hard to think. If I left Brendon... No I can't thunk that. It hurts just thinking those words. It's impossible. If I ran away with Pete, I'd probably just end up killing myself out of desperation. And besides, if he killed me now, he'd kill himself too, and leave everyone else alone. Maybe it's what's best. They'd all move on and get over me eventually. I'm sure they will. 

"Just for the record, I'd rather not kill myself. But I'll do what I have to." he interrupted my thoughts. 

"Pete." I said his name, and his gaze moved from the gun he was playing with in his hands back to me. His eyebrows were raised expectantly. "I'm sorry. I can't leave Brendon, I can't go with you."

He dramatically rolled his eyes. "Damn it! We have to do this the hard way? Fine. I guess I did give you a choice. He pointed the gun in my direction. "One more chance. You could live you know."

Not really. 

What are the chances of me getting away? 

I looked to see Pete had moved between me and the door. 

So the chances were low. 

"I can't" I mumbled. Tears fell down my face. "Pete. Please, please, please, please don't do this." I choked. 

"Sorry Ryan. I don't have a choice." he walked closer and pressed the gun to my temple. "Say goodbye, and just remember that I love you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ouch. Mean cliffhanger. (hehe)
I'm back!
It was actually quite fun. Haha.
I didn't almost die.Except when I fell in the creek
Anyway, again, thank you harlequinxlovers. You know why. :) ily!

And also, my dear twin Mykala, I'm glad you have returned to the world of mibba. :)

Judy- YOU TOTALLY ABANDONED ME ON YMESSNGER!! D:

Woah, this chapter was 2000 words exactly. sweet.