‹ Prequel: Don't Hold Your Breath
Status: I may only be able to update once a week D: If that . . . stupid school >.<

You're The Only One

I Used To Obsess Over Living, Now I Only Obsess Over You

Kaela’s POV

We arrived and Ardella’s and raced in, hoping to catch Ryan before he left. We rushed in, and looked around, not spotting him anywhere. 

“Damn it! We must have missed him!” I exclaimed. 

“Okay, Okay, calm down. He’s probably just on his way home. Lets go find Brendon.” Patrick tried to calm me down. 

“Calm down?! I can’t! I have a really bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. I feel like something bad is going to happen.” I told him in a hushed tone. 

“Okay, well lets find Brendon and ask him. He probably knows where Ryan is.” Patrick said. 

“Fine. The kitchen is this way.” I led him to the kitchen, pushing past resentful waitresses carrying trays of food. Patrick following close behind. 

I found brendon in his usual spot in the kitchen, preparing a sandwich.

“Brendon!” I called. He looked up and spotted me. 

“Oh hey Kaela . . . Patrick. Where’s Isabella?” he asked. 

“She’s with my mom. Brendon, we have to talk to you now. It’s important.” I said sternly. 

“Um, I’m right in the middle of something . . . Can this wait until later?” he said. 

“Joe? Can you cover for him please?” I asked his fellow cook. 

“Uh, sure. I guess.” He said.

“Kay, thanks!” I then grabbed Brendon by the arm and dragged him out of the kitchen and into the bathroom along with Patrick, before Brendon got the chance to say anything. 

"Kaela, what's going on? And why are we in the bathroom?" he asked. 

"We needed somewhere to talk to you in private." Patrick answered. 

"Okay, well you have my attention. What's just so important that you had to interrupt my work?" he asked bitterly. 

"What's with your bad mood?" I asked in an accusatory tone. 

"Kaela. We should get to the point. Remember, Pete is running around somewhere, in some sort of crazy rampage, and we have no idea where Ryan is." he said. Then his eyes widened when he realized what exactly was going on. 

"Pete? Ryan? Guys, what's going on?" Brendon asked. 

"I'm such an idiot!" Patrick exclaimed. "I didn't even think about where he was going when he left." At least now he gets why I was freaking out. 

"It's okay Pat. Just, we need to find-"

"GUYS!" Brendon exclaimed. "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!"

I sighed. I almost forgot why we even came here. 

"Ryan's in trouble." I said. His eyes widened. 

"What? How? He just left like five minutes ago." Brendon said. 

"Well, a couple days ago, he came to my place looking really upset. I asked him what was wrong and…" I trailed off. I wasn't sure how to say it. 

"And what?!" Brendon was getting impatient. 

"Brendon, when I tell you, you have to promise not to freak out until were done explaining and you get the whole story. " I warned him. 

"Okay okay. I promise. Just please tell me. You're freaking me out." he pleaded. 

"Well, Ryan, one day while you were at work… Pete came over and… well, he… he was raped." I finished. 

"What?" he asked. He just raised his eyebrow. I don't think he believed me. "Why the hell would Pete rape Ryan? This is some sort of joke right? If it is, it's not very funny." 

"No!" I exclaimed. "Why would I joke about something like this?" 

"Wait." Patrick said. He then turned to me. "Does he know? About Pete's … feelings?" he asked me. My eyes widened. 

"Brendon, didn't Ryan tell you? Pete is in love with Ryan. Like seriously obsessive." Patrick said. 

"That's why he kissed him." I said. 

His eyes widened. "W-What?"

"And the worst part is, he's not going to stop. He's determined to tear apart you and Ryan." Patrick said. "I tried talking to him today, trying to talk some sense into him, but instead he went on a psychotic rampage!"

"He's out there somewhere, and so is Ryan! We have to find him before he does something horrible! Before… I don't know." 

"Wait. H-He touched Ryan? He raped him?" Brendon asked in shock. 

"Ryan didn't tell you because he was afraid you would get hurt. And I decided it was time to intervene." I told him. 

Brendon just kind of stood there for a minute like he was trying to process it. 

"Damn it!" he exclaimed punching the wall. He then fell to his knees and buried his face in his hands. I walked forward and placed my hand on his shoulder. 

"I'm really sorry Brendon. I should have told you sooner. But right now we have to find Ryan. Where did he say he was going when he left?" I asked. 

"He said he was going home." he mumbled. Then his head snapped up. I looked at Patrick and he looked at Brendon. 

"Come on! We have to go!" I said pulling Brendon up. "Hopefully Pete hasn't beat us there." 

We then all piled out of the bathroom, and ran for the car. 

Ryan's POV

"I can't" I mumbled. Tears fell down my face. "Pete. Please, please, please, please don't do this." I choked. 

"Sorry Ryan. I don't have a choice." he walked closer and pressed the gun to my temple. "Say goodbye, and just remember that I love you."

I squeezed my eyes shut, hoping he would just get it over with. Just as he was about to pull the trigger, the door swung open, knocking him forward, so the gun went off, missing me completely. 

In the door way stood Brendon, Kaela, and… Patrick? 

"Damn it!" Pete exclaimed. "You're wasting my bullets!" 

"Ryan!" Brendon exclaimed running towards me. He pushed passed Pete and wrapped me in his arms. He had tears in his eyes, and I almost completely forgot about the gun. "Ryan, Ryan are you okay?" he asked frantically. 

I sniffed. "Yeah I'm fine. W-What are you doing here?" I asked. He looked confused. 

"K-Kaela told me everything." he said. 

"Well isn't this sweet." Pete interrupted. "Break it up you two, and let me get back to business."

"Pete! You have to stop this. Now. You're acting like a maniac." Patrick tried. 

"No. I can't stop. I gave him a choice. And he chose this. He could have chosen to live." he said pointing his gun right at me again. I pushed Brendon away, not wanting him to get hurt. 

Before he got the chance to pull the trigger again, Brendon rammed into him, tackling him to the ground. He tried to grab the gun, but Pete managed to roll him over so he was on top of Brendon. He was pointing the gun and Brendon, but Brendon pushed his hand away before he was shot. He continued to hold pete's hand pointing away from him as they wrestled around on the ground. 

I had to shut my eyes now. I couldn't watch this. But I could still hear Kaela's and Patricks attempts to interfere. There was shouting, and panting, and cries, but it sounded like nothing more then a hum. I managed to peek through my fingers to see that they were off the ground now, but Brendon was trying to take the gun from Pete. Pete kneed him in the gut, sending him to his knees, but he didn't let go of the gun. 

I covered my eyes again. 

Then, the sound I feared worst. 

Another gun shot, followed by the sound of a body hitting the floor,  Kaela's scream, Patricks cry. "No!!" he shouted. 

I broke out into sobs. 

I managed to tear my hands way from my face, only too see Brendon covered in blood, standing over Pete's lifeless body, gun in hand. 
♠ ♠ ♠
O: