‹ Prequel: Don't Hold Your Breath
Status: I may only be able to update once a week D: If that . . . stupid school >.<

You're The Only One

Oh, Boy You Are So Pretty

"Can you believe it?" Brendon asked me. We were sitting on the couch in our appartment watching T.V., and he was basically laying on top of me. 

"Believe what?" I asked. 

"Kaela and Jon just had a baby. It seems like just yesterday he was standing outside her window trying to win her back with his guitar." he smiled at the thought.

I laughed at the memory. "Yeah, I remember that. I also remember wanting to rip his head off for cheating on her with Spencer." 

There was a bit of a silence before he spoke again. "Remember that Trevor kid?" he asked. 

"I think his name was Taylor actually." I laughed. 

"Yeah, whatever. Anyway, I wonder what ever happened to him. Think he's in prison yet?" Brendon wondered out loud.

"Hmmm. Dunno. Maybe he went all emo and killed himself after Kaela brutally rejected him." I smirked at the thought. 

"Ryan that's horrible! But still kinda funny." Brendon laughed.

Just then the phone rang, interrupting our little conversation. Who could possibly be calling at this hour?

I looked at the caller ID. 

Kaela. 

"Hello?" I answered.

"Um, Ryan, are you with Jon?" She asked sounding both frantic and exhausted at the same time. I could hear the baby crying in the background as well.  

"Um, no, I haven't seen him since yesterday… " 

I heard her cuss under her breath. 

"How long has he been gone?" I asked. 

"He left about four hours ago to go get something at Spencer's or something. I tried calling both of them, but neither if them answered their phone." she explained. 

"Okay, I'll try and call them, then call you back kay?" 

She sighed. "Alright. Bye." 

I mumbled a quick "bye" before hanging up. 

"Whats going on?" Brendon asked sounding concerned.

"Jon's gone and he's not answering his phone. Kaela's worried." I explained. 

"Oh. Think he's probably with Spencer or something?" Brendon wondered out loud. 

"Probably. He probably either went over to spencer's, got drunk and passed out on his couch, or went over there because he wshred to get away, and ended up falling asleep on his couch." I said as the phone rang. I was just about to hang up, when his voice appeared on the phone. 

"Hello?" he sounded completely normal, and not drunk or tired. 

"Jon, are you aware that Kaela, you're wife, is freaking out because you've been gone for so long and weren't picking up your phone?" I started out very nonchallantly. 

"Uh… No…" He sounded very suspicious. 

"Jon, where are you?" I asked bluntly. 

"I'm at Spencer's. I came over here to steal his news paper, and uh… I fell alseep on his couch." he explained. Badly. This boy was a bad liar. 

"Riiight. Well you better get your ass home and explain. Be prepared to get your head chewed off. She didn't sound happy." I warned him.

"Um. Okay." was all he said before hanging up. 

"Where was he?" Brendon asked. 

"Well, he said he fell asleep at Spencers-"

"Again?" He interrupted me.

"Yep." I answered. "I dunno. Sounds a little suspicious to me. He didn't sound tired, or like he had just woken up or anything." I explained further. 

"That is weird. But whatever it is, we should stay out of it." He looked at me seriously for a second before we both burst out laughing. 

"Huh, yeah. Okay. Like that'll happen." I was interrupted by my phone ringing. It was Kaela again. Oops. I almost forgot to call her back. 

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, did you get a hold of him?" She asked sounding more exhausted then before. 

"Yeah, I was just about to call you. He said he's at Spencer's. He fell alseep on the couch and didn't hear his phone. He's on his way home now…" I explained Jon's story. 

She sighed again. "Okay. Thank you Ryan. I'll talk to you guys later." she said hanging up.

Well Jon was definitely in for a Bundle of fun when he got home. Whatever it is he's up to, he better quit being an idiot before he messes things up for good. 

"Hey Ry?" Brendon sat up and turned to face me. 

"Hmm?" He grabbed my hand and began playing with my fingers. He sunndely grew very shy as he peeked up at me through his eyelashes. 

"Do you think that maybe one day…" he suddenly trailed off. 

"Maybe one day what?" I urged him on. 

"Never mind." he quickly dropped it and turned back to the T.V. 

"No, tell me!" I whined grabbing his hand again. 

He smiled meekly and glanced down at his lap. He looked kind of embarrased. I can't imagine what he'd have to be embarrased about. 

"Fine." he mumbled. "Do you think maybe one day we could, y'know, have some kids of our own?" he glanced up at me again to see my reaction. 

I smiled at his sweetness. "I think that biology kind of forbids that actually." I laughed. 

He rolled his eyes and lightly hit my shoulder. "I meant adopt smart-ass." he grinned. 

"One day we will." I smiled and laced my fingers through his. He leaned in and pressed his lips to mine soflty and lovingly. 

I kissed back, and just as things began to get more heated, my phone began ringing again, interrupting the moment. 

Brendon sighed and pulled away. "Great timing." he mumbled.  

I sighed and pulled out my phone. 

"Hello?" I answered. 

"Hey. It's Pete." 

"Yeah, I kinda figured. No other moron would call me past midnight for no reason." I joked. 

"Hey now, I have a reason." 

"Oh, and what is that?" 

"I'm inviting you and Brendon over for dinner at my place tomorrow for Patrick's birthday." he sounded overly excited. 

I exhaled before speaking. "Okay… What time? And who's all coming?" I asked. 

"Just show up whenever. Probably around five or six. And Gabe and Bilvy are showing up and so is Spencer. Jon and Kaela are busy with the baby so… yeah." he explained. 

"Alright. We'll be there." I said before hanging up. Brendon looked at me questioningly. 

"We're going over to Pete's tomorrow for dinner. It's Patricks birthday." I explained, and Brendon grimaced. 

"Brendon, be nice please." I begged. 

"I can't help it. I don't like him, and I haven't since high school. As a matter of fact, I don't think I liked him then." Brendon grumbled. 

"Brendon, do I have remind you of the time he practically saved your life?" 

"That was what, five years ago? And besides, he's always a jerk to me." he said crossing his arms. 

"Oh he is not." I argued. 

"Yes he is! Only when you're not around!" he defended. 

I sighed. Brendon is such a drama queen. "Fine. Then just go for Patrick. He's a good friend. Pretend Pete's not even there." 

He groaned and dramatically fell backwards onto the couch. "Fine. I'll go." he mumbled. 

"Thats good, because I wasn't going to give you a choice anyway." I snickered, which earned me a kick from Brendon. 

"That wasn't nice." I stated. 

"Neither are you." he came back without missing a beat. 

"Well," I stood up streaching my arms. "I'm going to bed. Are you coming?" 

"No. I'm just going to sit out here and sulk on the couch." he stated. 

"No you're not." I grabbed his arm. "Come on. I'm tired." I ordered. 

He remained unresponsive. 

"Brendonnnnnn" I continued whinning and dragged the n out in his name.

I finally managed to get him to stand up by whacking him with a pillow. 

"Ow! Stop it! Ry… Ry-Ryan!" He exclaimed sheilding his face with his arms. 

"Then… come to bed with me!" I ordered. 

"Fine." he gave up and sulked his way into the room. "You're really bossy, you know that?" 

"Yep!" I responded as I sat on the bed. He walked over and gave a me a good-night kiss before crawling into bed. 
            
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, yeah, I lied. This chapter is definitely not that much longer andits definitely sucky. (Its mostly dialogue! >.<) I'm sorry, I kinda wasn't sure what to write in this chapter, mostly because I'm trying not to rush things. But there was some major forshadowing going on here, (not so much about Taylor but.... Haha.) Grrrr. Stick with me here. It will get better soon, I promise.

And also, the chapter title really has nothing to do with the chapter, I just really couldn't think of anything to put.... And I was listening to that song.... So yeah....

And ALSO someone reported DHYB again. >.< which is pointless because that story is kind of done with. And I know, there are a few typos and grammer errors that spell check doesn't catch, and (especially in the beginning) I don't alwas catch them either. But I'm not going to go through every single one of the 60 chapters and correct everything. Keep in mind that I have to do just about every single update from my iPhone since I don't have a computer. It's brutal. But I love udating dor you guys, and honestly, reporting doesn't help at all. If you have a problem, then just message or leave a comment or something. It's better then reporting, me not being able to fix EVERYTHING, then getting the story suspended.

Okay, sorry for my rant. That just kind of ticked me off a little bit.

Anyway, thank you for all the comments guys! I love you! <33

GAH! now spell checker isn't working. -.- sorry for any typos or miss spellings.