‹ Prequel: Don't Hold Your Breath
Status: I may only be able to update once a week D: If that . . . stupid school >.<

You're The Only One

We've Got To Get Away And Start Again

It's been three hours. Only three hours. And already it feels like it's been forever. 

Something seemed familiar about this beat up old van. 

Then it dawned on me. 

"Vicky?" I asked. 

"Hmmm?"

"Is this the same van we took skiing?" I asked. Brendon turned and looked at me with a strange look on his face. Then he realized the same thing I did. 

"Yep. I was wondering when you guys would finally figure it out." Vicky said with a smirk on her face. 

"How did you manage that?" Brendon asked in awe. 

"Same friends. Same connections. Only this time I bought it off him." She continued. 

"What are you guys talking about?" Will asked. 

"Back in high school," I started. "When we first started dating, Vicky took us on a road trip to california to go skiing, with a bunch of her Jersey friends." I explained. 

"Oh! That's the three day trip you guys decided to go on with out telling us or inviting us to go too…" Spencer said in a bit of a resentful voice. 

"Oh yeah. Haha. Sorry. Don't blame us though, Vicky just randomly showed up and was like 'Grab your shit and let's go. Were going to California.'" I explained. 

"I remember that trip." Brendon said. "You made me try coffee for the first time." he said with a slight smile on his face. 

"Oh yeah. And once we got back in the van, you were bouncing off the walls for twenty minutes straight. Then you crashed and slept the rest of the way." 

He smiled. "That was a fun trip. It was a time for many firsts. It was the first time either one of us had seen snow or been skiing. It was our first road trip, it was also a first time doing something else…" he trailed off turning slightly red. 

I laughed. "Well it may have been your first time…" 

"Shut up." he interrupted me.

I laughed and kissed him on the cheek. Everyone else seemed amused. 

But it wasn't long before Gabe and Bilvy began making out, making it extremely awkward for the rest of us. 

Deja vu. 

I suppose Bren and I could start making out and make it extremely awkward for Jon and Spencer. But were adults now. We don't need to resort to that. 

"Hey Patrick, you're lucky you're not stuck back here with the rest of us. Any second now and it's going to turn into a live Porno back here." Jon called. 

Gabe pulled away from Bilvy. "Yeah, you'd like that wouldn't you?" 

Patrick laughed, for the first time since the accident.  Which was good I guess. 

"Hey guys. No fucking in the van. The rules from last time still apply." Vicky called from the drivers seat. 

By this time, they were sucking face again. 

Both Jon and I seemed to have the same idea, because we both picked up a pillow. I caught his eye and nodded, then we both began chucking pillows at them. 

Plan failed. They just ignored us. 

"Does anyone have a spray bottle? Or a hose or something?" Spencer asked. 

Then Vicky reached for something in the glove compartment, and randomly pulled out… a spray bottle? Why the hell does she have a spray bottle? 

"Why he hell do you have a spray bottle?" I asked. 

"You never know." she said. 

Brendon grabbed the spray bottle, and began spraying them, but not before adjusting it to the hardest setting. 

It worked. They finally broke apart, but neither one of them was happy. 

"What the fuck?!" They both exclaimed. 

"You guys are no fun." Gabe complained, sitting up and crossing his arms. 

"That wasn't necessary." Bilvy said. 

"Believe me, it was." 

~*~ 

Six or so hours later, Brendon was asleep, and I was just nodding off when the words "We're here" brought me back to earth. 

I looked out the window and saw that we were crossing the Golden Gate bridge. 

"It's about fucking time." Gabe said. 

"Okay guys," Vicky said. "Were going to come to a stop where I'm going to have to pay a toll, so first off, everyone give me five dollars." She reached into the backseat while everyone pulled five bucks out of their pocket and handed it to her. "Okay, now, since it's kind of illegal to have a bunch of people piled in a van, two of which are on the run from the law, I'm going to need you guys to hide under the sheets and pile luggage on top of yourselves." she ordered. 

We did as we were told, and remained and still and quiet as possible. 

"Six dollars please." the toll lady said. Six dollars? Why the hell did she need thirty five dollars then? She scammed us. Damn it. 

"Here you go." Vicky said. "Thank you." 

"Six dollars? Why did we each give you five dollars then?" Spencer accused once we were through the toll booth. 

"I have no idea what you're talking about." she said. 

"But-" 

"Well she did drive us all they way to San Francisco, it a van that she bought for it right? We owe her" Patrick defended. 

"Actually he gave it to me. But yeah." she said. 

I rolled my eyes and chuckled. 

"So, we're here. Where exactly are we going?" I asked. 

"Kaela gave me an address. I guess we're going to her friends house." Vicky said. 

~*~

After about forty five minutes of driving around, trying to read a map, we arrived in front of a huge ass house. No, it wasn't a house. It was more like a freaking mansion.  

All eight of us walked up to the huge-ass door, nervous. At least I was. I had no idea who this person was. What if she was some crazy psycho black magic lady? Or what if she was like a creepy old cougar that would try and hit on me?

Okay, I'm being paranoid. She's a friend of Kaela's. Kaela wouldn't be friends with an old creepy black magic cougar. 

At least I think not. 

Vicky knocked on the door, and about a minute later it opened. 

In the door way stood a young woman who looked to be in her mid twenties. She had long blonde hair that fell past her waist, and big blue eyes. She was very tall, and wearing a pair of purple skinny jeans, and a Nirvana T-shirt.    

"Um, hi." She said. "Are you the people I've been expecting all day?" she asked. 

"Are you Kaela's friend?" Vicky asked. 

"Yeah…"

"Then yes." she answered. 

"Alright. Awesome. Come on in." She said stepping to the side, allowing us entrance. 

I laced my fingers with Brendon's as we all walked in. The place looked just as big on the inside as is did on the outside. To the left of the door was a spiral staircase that led to God knows where, and to the right, a huge sitting area with a huge T.V. and a couple very comfortable looking couches. 

"Okay, so, Kaela called on the phone and explained the entire situation. So the only thing I need to know is your names. My name is Judy by the way. But call me Phil." She said. 

"Um," I started. "My name is Ryan." 

"I'm Brendon."

"Spencer."

"Gabe"

"William." 

"Jon." 

"Patrick." 

"And I'm Vicky." she finished it off. "I'm Brendon's cousin, and also a friend of Kaela's." 

"Well, It's nice to meet all of you. Kaela should be flying in sometime tomorrow, as far as I know, so until then you're all welcome to sit down and relax. 

"Thanks." a few of us said at the same time. It was a little awkward here, because honestly, none of us knew her at all, and here we are is her house, that she's graciously letting us stay in while were hiding from the cops. 

"Come on guys! You've been in a car for who knows how long. Sit down and watch some T.V. I'll bring out some food and drinks." Phil said attempting to make the situation less awkward. 

"Well I for one am beat, and would love to watch some T.V." Vicky said crossing the room and plopping down on the couch. 

"See? Thank you. Everyone else follow her example. I'll be back with food for you guys." She said, then exited the room. 

I then grabbed Brendon's hand and pulled him over to the couch, and sat next to Vicky. 

Everyone else eventually followed, and we all sat around the television. 

"What do you want to watch?" Vicky asked grabbing the remote. 

"I don't care." I said. 

"Me either." Brendon mumbled. 

"Yeah, I don't really care either." Jon said. 

"Okay, what about you guys?" She asked Gabe and Bill. They both just shrugged. Since no one cared at all she put it on a random channel that just happened to be the news. 

The body of Las Vegas man Pete Wentz was found today inside the apartment of local men, Brendon Urie and Ryan Ross. The cause of death was gun shot to the chest, and police have not yet decided if foul play was involved. Brendon Urie and Ryan Ross were last seen at-" Vicky changed the channel. 

"We don't need to watch that." She said. "You guys are safe now. You should just try and forget about everything that happened for now, and try and relax for a bit. You guys have been under a lot of stress." Vicky mumbled. 

I nodded, and squeezed Brendons hand, who was unresponsive. Everyone else was silent. 

Just then, Judy walked in carrying a try with all sorts of different types of food on it. She set it down on the table. 

"Okay. So we have three different kinds of chips, cheese and crackers, some little pastry things, and some strawberries. Dinner will be ready around six or so. Feel free to relax until then. Oh, and I almost forgot. If you go upstairs and turn right, there are three spare bedrooms, you can decide the sleeping arrangements amongst yourselves. There is a room with a crib though for Kaela her husband and the baby. Also, there's room down here on the couches, which as you may have noticed are fairly comfortable." she said. 

I noticed Jon turn red at the mention of "Kaela and her husband." Kaela must not have role her everything

"I have to go pick up my boyfriend. I'll be back in a few hours. I want you guys to feel at home. So feel free to raid the fridge and get yourselves settled while I'm gone. And there are security cameras hidden so don't try and steal anything." She said walking out the door. 

I looked and Brendon and exhaled. 

"Well," I said. "Should we unpack?" 
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I know, this is way overdue. I'm sorry it took so long, I got kind of distracted working on some of my other stories. :/ I hope this longish chapter kinda makes up for it. 

Secondly, you have Fueled.By.Ryden to thank for this chapter, because she guilted me into it. Haha. 

Thirdly, I have a little shamless self advertising to do here. I'm co-writing a new story with One And Lonely. It would be great if you could check it out. It's called I Never Told You What I Do For A Living It's a Rydon story, and it may or may not contain serial killers. *Evil smile* If you have issues with blood and gore, then I suggest you suck it up and read it anyway, cuz it's a kick-ass story. :P haha. Please?

I love you all. I'll try not to leave you so long next time. :/
The sound of silence. 
Hehe. Simon & Garfunkle FTW.