‹ Prequel: Don't Hold Your Breath
Status: I may only be able to update once a week D: If that . . . stupid school >.<

You're The Only One

Give Us Life Again

"Kaela!" the second I walked into the house, I was nearly tackled by an overly excited Gabe. 

"Hey Gabe. It's nice to see you too." I said, hugging him back. It was slightly awkward because I was holding Jane. 

"Hey Kaela." I turned to see Phil. I quickly ran over and gave her a hug. 

"Ite been so long!" I exclaimed. "How are you?" 

"I'm doing great. But I'm sure I haven't had as much to deal with as you." she said. 

I laughed. "Yeah, but it's all worth it in the end." I said. She nodded. 

"Yeah. Why don't I show you to your room?" 

~*~

"This is really nice." I said setting my bags down and looking around. "You even have a crib?! You just thought of everything didn't you?" I said. 

She laughed. "Well I figured you wouldn't want to share your bed with your husband and a baby." she continued. My smile vanished, but she didn't notice. I hadn't exactly told her about me and Jon. 

"Yeah. About that…" I started. 

"Speaking of which, I haven't met your husband yet. He's coming right? Brendon and Ryan said he was." I sighed. 

"No, he's here." I started. "Theres just some minor details I forgot to mention." I said, a slightly guilty look on my face. 

"Well spill Kaela! I'm your best friend remember?" she exclaimed. 

I smiled. "Yeah." 

"Oh no. Is it bad?" she asked. 

It was then that Jane began fussing, so I laid her down on the bed and gave her my keys to play with. 

"You know Jon?" I started. 

"You mean the guy that always wears the sandals that came with the beardy guy? Yeah. What about him?" she asked. 

"That's him." I said. She looked confused. 

"But I thought he was with the other guy... I saw then holding hands..." she said. 

"Uh, yeah. Just recently he came out to me and told me he was gay. I haven really spoken to him too much since it happened. Things are still awkward." I explained. She looked at me in disbelief. 

"Damn." she said. "Can't you guys ever catch a break? It just seems to be one thing after another. I'm sorry. I wish I could give you some sort of advice, but I've never exactly been in this kind if situation." she said. 

"It's okay." I replied. "I'm just trying to come to terms with it at get used to the idea you know?" she nodded then gave me a hug. 

"I'm sure things will straighten out eventually. No pun intended." I laughed. "But, now that I know everything, we have some catching up to do Missy." 

~*~

After hours of girl chat while I unpacked, I decided to see how Brendon and Ryan were doing. I haven't seen them much since I got here. 

Kaela directed me to their room, where I softly knocked on the door incase one of them was sleeping. 

I heard a soft "come in," and I opened the door slowly. My suspicions were confirmed when I noticed Ryan fast asleep on top of Brendon who was watching T.V.

"Hey." I said quietly, not wanting to wake up Ryan. He smiled at me and turned down the T.V. 

"Hey." he whispered. 

"Do you want me to come back another time?" I asked. 

He shook his head and motioned me forward. 

I walked towards him and kneeled down next to the bed. "How are you doing?" I asked. 

"I'm still going." he said quietly. "This one here won't quit bending over backwards for me. He thinks the entire thing is his fault, and I can't talk him out of it." Brendon said. I nodded. 

It was kind of his fault to he completely honest, but everything is too sensitive right now to be pointing fingers. It doesn't matter anyway. 

"He loves you so much." I said looking at him. 

"And I love him." Brendon said. "I just wish things could go back to normal. I miss our apartment, and our lives back in Vegas. It's hard to get over it, but as long as I'm with Ryan, I'm happy. Those things would he nothing with out him." he ended his speech by glancing down lovingly at his boyfriend. 

"You two are perfect." I said. What I didn't say is how I wished I could have what they do. Instead I have a child with my gay husband. 

"Can I let you in on a secret?" he whispered. I smiled and nodded. 

"I think that, once things calm down, I'm going to ask him to marry me." Brendon whispered in my ear, just incase Ryan happened to be listening. 

My eyes widened and I looked at him. 

"No way." I said with a huge grin on my face. He nodded. "That's so sweet!" I said. 

"Yeah. Don't tell anyone though. I don't want it to get back to him. You know how things travel." he said. 

I laughed. "Yeah. Don't worry, I wont tell anyone." I said. 

"Thanks." he said grinning. 
♠ ♠ ♠
AAAHHHH
I know! It's been so long! I'm sorry! I've been so busy with the millions of stories I started. And ontop of that a fuckton of school work.

I'm sorry for the long waited crappy chapter. It really wasn't worth the wait. Please dont hate me. >.<