‹ Prequel: Don't Hold Your Breath
Status: I may only be able to update once a week D: If that . . . stupid school >.<

You're The Only One

I Can Dish It Cuz I Know How To Take It

“Brendonnnnn!” I whined. “Come on! we're going to be late!” I stood in the door way waiting for Brendon to quit making himself look “Pretty” and to get out here already. 

“Will you just be patient!” he called from the bathroom. I let out a frustrated sigh and leaned against the door. Finally he came waltzing out of the bathroom and stopped in the hallway to check his hair again in the mirror. 

“Oh. My. God.” I grumbled. I walked over and grabbed his arm, yanking him away and practically dragging him out the door, ignoring his protests. “You look fine Brendon. Lets. Go.” 

“Okay! Okay!” he said yanking his arm back. “Someones pushy.” he grumbled. 

“Brendon, it shouldn't take you half an hour to get ready for a party at Pete's house. You know how Pete is. 'Dinner' means pizza and beer. Since its Patrick's birthday, there might be a cake, or maybe some store bought cupcakes. Nothing to get fancy for." I explained. 

"You're just jealous you can't look this good." he countered giving me a teasing smirk. 

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, that's it."  he smiled and kissed me as we walked out the door. 

"You know I'm only joking. You're gorgeous."  he whispered. 

I tried to hold back a smile, but failed. "Yeah, I know. Now let's get going." 

~*~

Brendon's POV

We arrived at Pete's house… 

Whoop-dee-fucking-do. 

I know he kinda saved my life and all, but I swear he hates me. He's always sorta passive aggressively pushing me away. Like he doesn't want me there. 

Ryan just thinks I'm being a drama queen, but I swear, he's out to get me. 

I think.

Ryan knocked on the door and not two seconds later Pete opened it, with a huge smile on his face. 

He both greeted Ryan and myself with a pat on the back. 

I swear he hit me harder then necessary. 

"Come on in guys. We were just waiting for you before we started the movie." 

Yes. Pete is 25 and he still likes to have his "buddies" over for pizza and a movie. 

"Alright sweet. Where's Patrick? I need to give him his present."  Ryan said with a huge smile on his face. 

"He's in the kitchen." Pete answered. Ryan made his way into the kitchen and Pete pulled me aside. "Hey Brendon...." his voice sounded happy. Too happy....  "I want you to meet a couple of friends of mine." he dragged me over to where two guys stood. One was tall and thin, with short-ish dark brown hair, brown eyes, and the other was a little shorter darker Asian man with glasses and a shaved head.  

"Hey guys." Pete greeted them. "This is Brendon, we've known each other since high school." He left out the part about him making my life living hell for most of it. "Brendon, this is Eric," he  said gesturing to the tall dark haired one. "and Than." he gestured to the darker Asian man. 

I awkwardly shook each of their hands, then all of a sudden Pete was gone. 

"So, uh," I started awkwardly. "How do you know Pete?" I asked.     

"Um, Patrick introduced us. We're family friends, and we decided to visit since we haven't seen him in forever." Eric answered.

"Visit? Where are you from?" I asked trying to make casual conversation. I've always sucked at this. 

"Brooklyn." he answered simply. 

Awkward silence. 

"Well it was nice meeting you. I have to go find someone." I added beginning to walk away. They both nodded and added a simple "You too." before turning back to their conversation. 

There wasn't a whole lot of people there. Maybe fifteen, twenty tops.  

So it wasn't too hard to find Ryan. He was talking to Pete naturally. I walked over and grabbed Ryan's hand, lacing his fingers with my own.

"Hey Bren." he acknowledged me. I muttered a simple "hey" and managed to sneak a glare at Pete when he wasn't looking. 

"Did Patrick like his gift?" I asked cutting Pete off right before he was about to speak. 

"Yeah. Who doesn't like twenty bucks and a cheesy birthday card?" he chuckled. 

"So, um Brendon, Patrick is looking for you. Why don't you go find him?" Pete said with a fake smile. 

Ryan didn't seem to catch the fact that he is totally trying to get rid of me so that he can plan some sort of sabotage that involves knives other dangerous weapons and most likely my death.

Okay, so maybe that was a little overly dramatic, but I just know he's up to something. Something totally evil

I let go of Ryan and made my way to the kitchen.

Pat stood there talking to Joe and Andy, holding a bottle of beer. 

I awkwardly walked up and gave an awkward wave. 

Seriously, could I be any more of an awkward person? 

"Hey Trick. Happy birthday bud." I grinned. He chuckled and pulled me in giving me a pat on the back. 

"Hey, thanks Brendon. Glad you could come." 

"Uh, Pete said you were looking for me?" I added weirdly. 

He scrunched his eyebrows together before taking a swig of his drink. 

"Uh, nope. I don't know what he's talking about. He must have had a one to many drinks." He laughed along with Joe and Andy. 

I mumbled a quiet "alright then" before making my way back to the living room. 

I knew it.

I should be sure to tell Ryan to search Pete's basement if I show up missing tomorrow. 

Ryan was over talking with Pete, Eric and Than, so I went and sat over by Spencer. Maybe he would talk to me.

"Hey Spence." I said sitting down next to him on the couch. 

"Hey." he mumbled back quietly. I looked so out of it it's not even funny. He had bags under his eyes, his hair was a mess, and was just barely holding onto his drink. 

Which was a bottle of water. 

"What happened to you Spence?" I held back a laugh at his appearance.   

"I was up all night with Jon. Then I had to deal with him all day today too." I knew Jon was acting weird…

"Whats up with Jon?" I asked casually.

"Him and Kaela have been arguing a lot lately. I blame the stress. It's seems like it's always little petty things like forgetting to buy milk or 'I did the dishes last night! It's your turn. You never do anything around the house! All you do is take care of the baby.'" he said mocking and argument that I guess erupted between them. I laughed a little, because he sounded kinda spot on. "Jon is over at my place a lot just because he said he needs a break. He usually comes over to my place, eats my food, takes a nap then leaves. It's bad parenting if you ask me." Spencer ranted on before taking a drink of his water.

"I see. Well Jon just might have to get over that. He can't be running off to your place for a nap whenever things get difficult. Imagine how Kaela feels." I added. 

"Yeah that's what I told him. He doesn't listen to me though. Never has." he said with a smirk on his face.

"I bet those two just need some sort of getaway." I thought out loud. 

"Ha. With Isabella? Yeah right." Spencer Smith: Always the optimist. 

"Well me and Ryan can watch her. If they don't get a break sooner or later their marriage may start to go downhill." 

"Well look who's been watching Dr. Phil." Spencer smirked at me. 

"Oh shut up. You know I'm right." I rolled my eyes.

He shrugged before letting out and exhausted sigh and leaning back.          

"I'm going to go find Ryan. I want to get him home before he gets too drunk. We have to babysit tomorrow, so he can't be all hungover, and I don't want to have to deal with a whiny brat and a five month year old baby." I smirked and went off to find him. 

~*~

"Babysitting? Really Bren? You know I'm terrible with kids. Much less babies." he complained as we walked into our apartment. 

"No you're not. Your just lazy." I countered. 

"Exactly." 

I rolled my eyes. "Kaela and Jon need a break okay? I figured we could take her over night and give them some alone time. They are our best friends after all. Think of all the things they've done for us." I ranted on. 

"Yeah yeah, whatever." he waved me off. I knew I won. Muahaha. "I'm tired. Let's go to bed." he offered. 

I rolled my eyes and followed him into the bedroom. 

"Oh and by the way, you could have been a little nicer to Pete." he added jumping on the bed.  

"What are you talking about?" I asked innocently. 

"You know damn well what I'm talking about. You think we didn't notice you glaring at him the whole time?" Ryan added giving me a victory smirk. 

"Well it's kind if hard to be nice to someone who's plotting to murder you in your sleep. Besides. He was completely rude to me! If I have to take it I'm allowed to dish it out too." I grumbled. 

"Oh please Brendon. It's all in your head. He was perfectly fine. I don't know how you find 'Hey Brendon' or 'Patrick is looking for you' rude." 

"Fine. Don't believe me. But when I turn up missing tomorrow, you better check Pete's place for bloody knives or other bloody weapons." I grumbled some more before crawling into bed. 

He turned to me and sighed.  "You're a drama queen." he stated simply. I glared at him in the dark and he leaned forward to kiss me. 

"I love you." he whispered. 

"Yeah yeah, love you too." I grumbled before turning the other way and closing my eyes. I heard him chuckle, then we were both out like a light. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, I know, I suck. I know it seems like the story is going really slow and nothing is happening, but I'm just trying not to rush things. I promise things will get a more exciting soon. >.<

and I know a bunch of you were freaking out about Jon and Spencer, so I'll tell you this, everything Spencer said was true. :) (hehe)

Anyway, whoever guesses where The two guys Brendon met at the party are from gets a safe full of skittles! Hahaha. (Judy, you're not allowed to guess. >:D) and his name is pronounced like "Tahn" just so you know.

Mkay. Long authors note. Sorry it took so long. Comment and subscribe please! I love you all!

~Peace.