‹ Prequel: Don't Hold Your Breath
Status: I may only be able to update once a week D: If that . . . stupid school >.<

You're The Only One

Ive Counted My Blessings, and I'll Count This Curse

"This is a joke right? You're mad at me so you're trying to get back at me?" He tried to reason. Wrong. 

"Nope. We've been together for six years. We were together before you went to prison." I told him. Brendon walked back in just in time for me to grab his hand and lace our fingers together.

His eyes widened, and a look of disgust flashed over his features. He didn't say anything though. I imagine that he was trying to keep his cool. Most likely he was trying to prove that he was a changed man. 

That is if he has changed. 

"You mean… you and him… in my house?" he didn't sound angry. More like confused. Shocked I guess.

"Yes. Do you have a problem with that?" Grace cut in with a bitter tone. It sounded more like she was saying: "I dare you. Say it douche bag. I know how to kill someone and make it look like an accident." 

I know that's what she was thinking. God I love that woman. 

"Uh, no." he said. Lies. But whatever. At least he wasn't yelling, screaming, and threatening to kill me. 

Though, that would probably be easier to handle. Because then I could completely rid him from my life and not feel guilty. Then I couldpretend to hate him and not feel the least bit sorry for him.

Or maybe, he's only acting cool because he's afraid of Ms. Urie, and the minute he leaves through that door he won't ever come near me ever again because he can't accept that I'm gay.Because that wouldn't hurt at all. Then I wouldn't ever have to deal with this ever again. 

"Um. I should go." he said standing up. "It was nice seeing you again Ryan." he said holding out his hand. I had the strange urge to hug him but knew I couldn't. I shook his hand and muttered a small "yeah." 

"Uh, maybe we can meet sometime and catch up." he continued. "H-here's my number." he said handing me a piece of paper with seven digits scribbled across it. 

I nodded and took it. 

He gave a small nod to Grace and Brendon before exiting out the door. 

The baby was still crying. 

"Bren? Can you go take care of the baby please?" I asked. Barely. He gave me a sympathetic look before going to care for the baby. 

"Ryan honey, come here." Ms. U said pulling me into a hug. "Its going to be alright. If you ever need my help kicking some ass just call me over and I'd be more then happy to help." she said. I pulled away with a laugh. 

"Thanks Ms. U." I smiled. 

"No problem sweetie." she said wiping away the remaining tears from my face. "I should get going. I'll meet the baby another time. " she said patting me on the shoulder. 

"Bren! I'm gunna get going!" she called. Just then Brendon walked back out. Wow. He got that kid to sleep fast. 

"Mom, please, please, please don't go after him." Brendon pleaded. 

"I would never!" she defended. Brendon gave her a look that told her he didn't buy it. She in return gave him an annoyed look. "Fine." she grumbled. "I promise."      

Brendon smirked triumphantly and pulled her into a hug. "Thanks Mom." 

"Yeah yeah. But I really should get going. I'll see you boys later."  she said as she walked out the door.

"How did you get her to sleep so fast?" I asked him trying to change the subject. 

"She just wanted some formula. Then she went right back to sleep." he said. 

"Okay . . ." I exhaled and fell on the couch. Brendon followed. 

"You okay ?" he asked sweetly. 

Before i could answer, there was a knock at the door. 

"That better not be your long lost brother . . ." He joked getting up to answer it. I smirked. Because honestly, with everything that's happened. . . I wouldn't be surprised. . .

He answered the door and was greeted by a livid looking Kaela, and a slightly scared looking Jon. 

"Where's Jane?" She nearly growled. Brendon didn't say a word, just pointed towards the bedroom. Kaela stormed off to retrieve her daughter, and Brendon's questioning eyes moved to Jon. 

"What are you guys doing here? You're not supposed to pick her up until tomorrow morning . . ." Brendon started. 

"Um . . ." he started. But Kaela cut him off when she came storming back into the room holding Jane and the diaper bag. 

"Why don't you tell them Jon? Tell them how you ruined the evening, and how everything is your fault!" Her voice was loud and sounded almost homicidal. I've never seen her this angry before. I was scared not only for Jon's life, but my own. 

She then stormed out of the apartment, slamming the door on her way out, leaving Jon with us. 

"Um, do you want to stay with us tonight Jonny boy?" I offered. 

He sighed and sat down in the couch. "Please." he said. 

"Okay Jon, what did you do? I've never seen her that pissed before." 

"I, uh, well-"  

He was interrupted by another knock on the door. 

"Oh my god." I muttered. "who is it now?" I groaned. Brendon had his head in his hands sitting next to Jon on the couch, and I got up to answer it.

I opened the door to find Pete. 

"Uh, hi Pete." I greeted. "Now's not exactly-"

"I need to talk to you." he cut me off. He was serious. 

"Alright." I sighed and stepped aside, letting him in. I walked over to Brendon and whispered in his ear. "Why don't you take Jon into the bedroom or something and see what's going on while I talk to Pete."

He nodded in agreement. "Come on Jon. Let's go in here and talk." Jon got up and followed Brendon into the other room. 

"Alright." I said sitting down. "Whats up." Pete sat down next to me. He looked slightly nervous. Pete? Nervous? What the hell...

"Um, I, I just. There's something I've been wanting, or needing to tell you." he mumbled.

"What is it?" I asked. He didn't break or steal anything of mine did he? 

"I uh, I just don't know how to say it…" 

"Just say it." I said beginning to get a little impatient. I had a lot on my mind. 

He sighed and glanced up at me. 

Now what happened next, I was definitely not expecting. 

He leaned forward and grabbed my face, pressing his lips to mine. I didn't respond. I was in shock. He ran  his fingers through my hair and continued kissing me. 

I remained a statue.

The only thing going through my mind was "Whatthefuckwhatthefuckwhatthefuck? and "This is soooo weird."   

He pulled away just as Brendon walked out. 

"Ry, you'll never guess what-- what's going on?" he asked weirded out. He must have noticed my wide, shocked eyes, flushed cheeks and disheveled hair. 

Pete didn't say a word. He just got up and left without saying anything. 

What the hell just happened?
 
Was Pete saying he liked me? 

Since when does Pete even kiss guys?
  
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, I am just in love with this background. Anyway.......

So, a little self advertising never hurt anyone. :P I just feel like my one shots aren't getting enough attention. :/ so read my new one shot, please, which is pretty depressing, but I think it may be my best one yet. Then I have others here. :) 

Thank you! I love you all so much you have no idea. And sorry for all the cliffhangers... Hehe I'm evil.