Strawberry Fields Forever

Jude.

The draws were empty, the bed vacant; the air around him was stale and it seemed to suffocate him as he continued to stare at the room. Not believing what they were suggesting to him. From the clear abandoned state that they were in Jude could see that she had left him, she'd left him because he didn't want to be a part of her revolutionary ways. She'd left him for his opinions and it killed him to think that she could no longer stand the sight of him, that she'd left because he didn't support her.

What was she expecting? Jude wasn't the kind of person to protest, he'd seen it's damage back at home several years prior and he knew that it did no good. But Lucy wouldn't listen, she wanted to do her bit for the world and she didn't understand what the consequences of her actions could have been. It drove Jude insane with worry as time slipped through his fingers, he dragged his feet further and further away from the sight he was met with that morning. Dragging his decrepit form into the train station, giving him the opportunity to find Lucy, just so he could tell her that he was sorry for his ignorance. Just so he could see her safe.

His heart became heavier and heavier as he thought about her, he regretted his act of anger because it meant he lost the girl he loved, she'd left because of him. It was his fault and there was nothing he could do to change that, he'd just have to try and change her mind about him. He needed to at least show her that he did care for her, that he did support her. However, that wasn't what was flying through his mind, he was worried about what was going to happen during the protest.

Jude was certain that if anything happened to Lucy during this protest his life would flash before his eyes as he would cry out her name desperately.

The booming voice of the head protester could be heard throughout the hoard of people, all chanting the same thing over and over again as Jude searched amongst the face's for her angelic features. The sight of policemen entering the building didn't phase his search for the girl he loved, their presence causing several outcries in the crowd he'd surrounded himself in. Several members of the crowd threw themselves at the authorities as they brought out their leader, handcuffed with his arms raised.

Jude tried to look past the man in the frail attempt of finding her, more police followed suite, holding on to other protesters, Lucy in their ranks. Jude's heart stopped as he saw the policeman hold on to her callously, he shouted out her name repeatedly, unable to tear his eyes away from hers as he pushed himself through the crowd. Jude was close to her, he reached out and held her hand momentarily before he was intervened by the authorities. She was shouting his name, in a desperate plea she was shouting his name.

The hopeless feeling sunk in as he was pushed away from the girl he loved, her body turned towards him as she was taken away. As he continued to force himself forward the authorities pushed him away harder, taking their sticks in their hands and bringing it down on Jude. He cried out as he thought of her, his failed attempt at ensuring her safety and the sinking feeling that coursed through his entire body.

Jude was dragged away by the police as he stopped fighting against them to get to Lucy. They took him by his shoulders and pulled him up on his feet, forcing him to walk in line towards the waiting cells. Jude cried quietly to himself as he thought of Lucy, he desperately wanted to get to her but the firm grip on his shoulders forced him to keep moving forwards. No matter how much he wanted to he couldn't save Lucy, not this time.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment and subscribe.