Strawberry Fields Forever

Lucy.

The deafening shouts and screams that erupted from the thriving crowd below them made Lucy grimace. They were shouting the same thing repeatedly at the command of the revolutionary groups leader. Lucy was proud to be following her instincts and joining the fight against the war in Vietnam. It was difficult for her to choose between Jude and this before but after his tantrum yesterday she knew where she was supposed to be, even if she felt guilty about it. Lucy tried not to think of Jude in this critical moment as she joined the chorus and took her role as a revolutionary influence.

Lucy didn't hear them as they came in, hoards of men in uniform clawing at the people to get them out of the building they had broken into. Lucy continued to shout until her arms were forced behind her back, she winced as they forced her down the stairs and watched as her leader was escorted in front of her. The police were keeping the masses at bay, ensuring that none of them interfered with the arrests that were taking place. Her leader raised his cuffed hands into the air, when the police pushed his hands back down he rose them again. Lucy was surprised when the cop punched her leader in the stomach, she cried out and was held by the police behind her.

Lucy heard her name being called out, she looked towards the cry and wanted to faint, Jude was in the crowd pushing his way towards her. She tried to force her way out of the grip of the police but they held firm as she called out to Jude. He was closer to her now but she couldn't reach out and touch him even though she wanted to. She could see the police closing in on Jude and her heart missed a beat as they raised their batons towards her beloved Jude. She screamed when they began to strike him and she tried to turn back against the forced flow of the police holding her captive.

But it wasn't possible, she could only watch helplessly as Jude was forced onto his feet and dropped into a police van along with other members of the crowd. Lucy was forced into a separate van and she looked up hopelessly at her leader, she hadn't wanted Jude to suffer for her choices. As the van began to move away from the chaos they had left in their wake Lucy felt herself begin to cry and no matter how hard she tried she couldn't stop herself from breaking down.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finished, finally. Comment.