Status: HIATUS

The Life of An American Orphan.

I Don't Ask For Much, All I Want Is Love.

Jennifer’s P.O.V
I turned around and saw Matthew standing there with a basketball spinning on his middle finger and a smile on his face.

I nodded shyly and he just kept smiling giving me his basketball and went to grab another one.

“Ok first thing you need to know is hand placement.” He said and started to show me.

10 minutes later and I could spin the basketball on my finger for longer than 2 seconds. I laughed as the ball fell off again but Matt just picked it up and told me to try again.

“Off all the things on my list to accomplish before I die spinning a basketball on my finger is actually number 32” I said laughing as I lost the ball again.

He laughed while he was spinning the ball on his finger “Well I am glad I could help” he said and when I met his eyes I couldn’t look away.

We were just staring at each other and he didn’t move even though the ball fell of his finger. It was the coach whistle that got us out of our gaze.

“I trust you guys have practiced enough to play so let’s do it. Split in to two teams!” The teacher said and blew his whistle.

Matt and the rest of the juniors were standing on the line with the teacher and watched as we played (badly I might add.) I caught Matt’s eyes a couple of times which made me blush and loose the focus of the game which made me blush even more when Matt nodded towards the basketball court motioning me to play.

The teacher blew the whistle again after a fewhours minutes and said that we could just go change. I looked down as I walked towards the wardrobes.

“Hey wait up!” I heard someone shout but I just kept walking, that was until someone grabbed my wrist and turned me around and I came (once again) eye to eye with Matthew.

“So I had fun and I was thinking maybe we could continue the fun at lunch. You have lunch after 4th period right?” He asked and inside I was exploding from happiness.

Come on mouth, don’t be shy

“Sure” I blurted out. Dude, you sounded desperate

Shut up Matt’s talking

Don’t tell me dude, you’re the one arguing with yourself

I frowned to myself and when I looked at Matt and saw him looking back.

“I’m sorry what?” I asked confused.

He looked at me a little weird “I wondered if you wanted to sit with me and my friends at lunch”

“I’d love to but, uhm, I’m sitting with a friend and I can’t bail on her that---“

“That’s ok, she can join” Matt interrupted me.

“So, what do you say?” He asked after a minute of silence.

I bite my lower lip as I look at him and nod “Ok, I’ll meet you in the cafeteria?” I asked.

A smiled graced his lips “Yeah.”

“Come on, new class starts in ten.” The teacher yelled and we both nodded.

“Later” We said at the same time and I blushed a little.

Dude, that’s like the 10 000 time you’ve blushed today

So, It’s my face I can do whatever the heck I want, so if I want to blush a lot I will.

I shook my head getting “rid” of the voice and made my way to the girl’s wardrobe. I walked over to my locker and opened it and took out a small pocket mirror and checked myself out.

Since I hadn’t moved so much I wasn’t sweat and my makeup was still whole so there was no need for the little makeup bag I have in the back of my locker. I took my hair loose from my ponytail and put the ring, earrings and bracelet back on and then my clothes and shoes. I shoved my gym clothes and shoes back in the locker and put my black beanie on my head. I shut my locker and made my way to my locker getting my math books.

“How was gym?” Sarah asked making me jump, I shut my locker and looked at her.

“I spend most of it with Matthew” I said with an excited smile.

“Oooh, do tell” She said as we started to walk to math.

“Well we were playing basketball so he and a few other juniors where there…” I said and continued to tell her about it until the math teacher came into the room.

Sarah and me passed notes all trough class because she wanted to know everything, she also got excited when I said that he had invited us to sit with them.
The bell rang and Sarah immediately ran out, no seriously she just ran out. I followed behind and she was already standing by my locker.

“Hey do think our books can have a slumber party together, I don’t feel like walking to my locker and back.” She said and I laughed and nodded.

I opened my locker and put my books in while Sarah threw them in and smiled big when I looked at her.

“To the lunch!” She yelled and put her right hand up in the air like when superman flies.

“Don’t you mean cafeteria?” I asked but she just ran.

A minute later and I caught up with her while she stood in the line for food.

“So we’ll just walk up to lover boy’s table and sit down when we get our food right?” She asked as the line moved.

“Yes and don’t call him that” I said and looked around the room for Matt. I saw him and his friends sitting by their usual table (that’s a shock.) And when I turned my head I saw Isabella standing in the corner with a guy eating his face making out, I frowned at the sight and turned back to Sarah.

“You’re not eating?” She asked as we passed the food of the day.

“No, I kind of just lost my appetite” I answered and just grabbed a bottle of water and paid for it after Sarah paid for her meal.

“Hey” Matthew said coming over to us.

“Hey lov... Matthew is it?” Sarah asked after I hit her in the stomach stopping her from saying lover boy.

“Yeah but just call me Matt though, Sarah right?” He asked as we walked to the table they were sitting at.

“The one and only” She said and sat down between who I think is Brian. I sat down beside Matt and Sarah. Matt introduces us to the guys and Brian’s and Johnny’s girlfriend Emily and Maria.

“You’re not eating anything?” He asked as he showed a fork with pasta Bolognese in his mouth.

“No, I kind of lost my appetite” I explained.

“What happened?” He asked looking curious, I looked at the corner and saw that Isabella and the guy had started groping each other.

“That” I said and carefully pointed at the “couple”

“Oh wow, I think I lost my appetite” He said and shoved a fork full of pasta on it in his mouth.

“Yeah, I can see that.” I say and laugh and Matt chuckle and smiles innocently.

“Matt never loses his appetite, no matter what. I bet he could be looking at two girls one cup and still have an appetite after” Brian (I think) say and laughs.

I look at Brian with confusion “Two girl’s one cup?”

“You haven’t seen it? Dude, it start off like soft lesbian…” He was interrupted by his girlfriend Emily smacking him in the head.

“Bri, I’m eating. We’re all eating.” She said and motioned at everyone.

“Right” He said and started eating.

And that’s basically how lunch was. We talked about the guys and them being in a band called Avenged Sevenfold which lead us to talking about their stage names which sounded interesting. The other thing that was interesting is that Sarah kept looking at one of the guys and wink and stuff, it was weird to say at least.

When the bell rang we all walked our different ways but Matt was nice and walked with me to my locker.

“So what classes do you have for the rest of the day?” He asked leaning against the locker besides mine as I took out my bag. I shut my locker and looked at him.

Why does he want to know?

“Uhm, I have two periods of art and then foreign language” I said and he nodded.

“Cool, we’ll it’s time for me to bounce, see you later” He said.

I nodded “bye” I said and gave a little wave.

I felt my pocket vibrate meaning I got a text, I took my sidekick up and saw that the text were from Sarah.

Have detention after school, don’t wait for me.

I sighed and shook my head, this is the 4th time in three months that she had gotten detention. Something’s up.

[img] http://www.salonpurela.com/images/devider.gif [/img]

”Hey why are you sitting here?”

I looked to my left and saw Matt walking towards me with his backpack on his back and car keys in his hands.

“I’m waiting for my ride home.” I answered

“But eight period just started, are you sick?” He asked and sat down next to me.

“No, but the Spanish teacher is and my ride doesn’t come until the school is over so I’m just waiting.” I explained and looked at him.

“Aaah, I see. I can give you a ride home if you’d like” He said spinning his car keys on his point finger.

“Uh, no that’s ok I think I’ll just wait here” I said.

“No seriously it’s no problem” He said but I shook my head.

“I’ll just wait” I said.

“But thanks for offering” I continued and he nodded.

“How about ice cream then, I mean it’s pretty hot outside and you didn’t anything have anything for lunch” He said and I did want to say yes.

“Uhm, I dunno.” I said.

“I’ll take that as a yes then, come on” He said and stood up so I followed him to his car.

“Wow, nice car” I said once I was in the passenger seat.

“Thanks got it for my 16th birthday.” He said and stroked the dashboard.

“Cool” I said and put my seatbelt on.

I watched the scenery of Huntington Beach go by as Matt continued to drive. We drove in silence until Matt parked the car and got out and then he came to my side and helped me out.

“Thank you” I said softly with a smile and got out.

We walked into the ice cream place and walked up to the counter.

“What can I get you kids today?” The old jolly man asked behind the counter.

“What do you want?” Matt asked me.

“Chocolate chip cookie dough” I said looked at him.

“Two chocolate chip cookie dough ice creams” He said and the old man nodded and got to work.

“You’re not like I expected” I said as we waited.

“What do you mean?” He asked looking a little confused.

“Well from what I’ve heard people say that you're scary, intimidating and someone said you were a snob but you’re not, your…”

“Normal?” Matt asked, interrupting me.

“Yeah” I said smiling at took the ice creams from Matt as he paid the man and when he were done I gave him one.

“Yeah I get that a lot I guess I just don’t let the money we have go to my head plus the guys are pretty good at holding me down on earth.” He said as we started walking.

“I’m glad you’re not a snob” I mumbled.

“What?” He asked but I just shook my head.

“Nothing, thanks for the ice cream” I said and he just nodded, it looked like he were thinking.

“So, I feel like the times we talk all we talk about is me. What about you?” He asked.

“My story is kind of long” I said and suddenly found the beach we were walking on pretty interesting.

Matt got this look in his eyes and nodded, I think he got that I didn’t want to talk to about it at the moment.

“Well maybe some other time then” He said more than asked and I softly nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so apparently you can be banned from mibba if you have links in your story so from now i will put the links in the author's note

LINKS:
Emily (Brian's GF)
Maria (Johnny's GF)
Jen's sidekick
Matt's car

Oh and please comment :D