Status: HIATUS

The Life of An American Orphan.

I'm Feeling Something Real.

Matt’s P.O.V
My hands run through Jen’s hair as she’s soundly sleeps on my chest.

We had talked for a few hours just getting to know each other more. Actually it was more about me than about her. I think it was only fair that since I know so much about her, that she gets to know about me more.

I had told her about my parents, how they’re not really here, they don’t know much about me. They don’t know that I’m failing math, that I drink, smoke or that I ditch school as much as I can. I thought they would go all ballistic when they got a note saying I had ditched school and I was failing math but they didn’t care. I’m not sure if they looked at it, all I know is that I had put it on the counter and the morning after it was signed by my mom.

I also told her more about the band me and the guys have, on how we’re dreaming to be big one day. But I honestly don’t care if we get big or not, as long as our music is out there it’s cool.

Let’s see, I told her about me drinking. She cringed but told me to go on none the less, I told her how we go to our spot in the park where we go, were there the most while school is still on but we also go there if one of the parents is being a bitch. I saw the look on her face when I mentioned it and I knew that after what happened to her alcohol is not her best friend at the moment.

Jennifer stirs and I look down, both of her arms are around my chest so she doesn’t fall off seeing as she is lying on top of me. I look down and she her licking her lips before letting out a small breath before going still again.

My god she looks beautiful when she sleeps, with her pale skin and dark hair she looks like an angel.

Looking down I immediately get a smile on my face, I keep stroking her hair until I decide that it’s bedtime. I turn off the TV and look around trying to figure out how to get her up without waking her.

A few seconds pass until I slowly slip away from under her, I stand for a few seconds making sure she doesn’t wake up and then I slowly and gently take her in my arms so I’m holding her bridal style.

I make my way up the stairs and up to my room. I gently kick the door open thanking god that it wasn’t completely shut and then walk over to my bed where I put her down on top of the sheets.

Running over to the door I close it and turn around, seeing her lying on my bed unconscious looked so natural.

Ok, wait that came out wrong. What I meant is that her lying on my bed, asleep with me having no sexual intentions looked natural, like she belonged here, like she was meant to be here.

Maybe she is meant to be here, I mean come on there has to be some explanation as to why I met her, fell for her and then all of a sudden she’s living with me.

Taking her backpack off my bed I make my way to the bathroom, I yawn as I turn on the faucet. I run my toothbrush under the water before I put some toothpaste on. I look at myself in the mirror as I brush my teeth but am soon interrupted by my phone ringing.

My eyes shoot up and I run out of the bathroom (as quietly as I can) and frantically search for my phone, I see it standing on my nightstand so I run over there and press the talk button.

I look at Jen for a few seconds to make sure that she is asleep which she is. I take the toothbrush out of my mouth and place it gently on my nightstand.

The voice of an older female fills the room and I take the phone to my ear.

“Hello?” I whisper into the phone.

“Matthew, what is going on?” I hear my mother’s voice.

“Nothing, I just uhm, lost my phone under the bed after I pushed talk” I say and I slowly make my way out of my room and into the guestroom across the hall.

“So what’s up?” I ask as I sit down on the bed.

“I want to remind you about the event on Saturday, white outfit and dressy” She says and I nod.

“Yeah, I remember.” I say with a sigh and let my hand run over my head.

“And don’t forget to pick Valary up at six, her parents are expecting you” She says and I can hear the smile on her face.

You have probably now figured out that my parents are snobs, they’re all about events, about letting people know them, they give a million and get five million.

My parents don’t trust me, they don’t trust my choice of career, they would like it much more if I because just like my dad instead of being a singer in a band with my four rebel friends. They don’t like me dating Jennifer, they would much rather see me and Val sucking face and getting a baby.

I wonder how well they will take it when I tell them about me dating Jennifer who’s pregnant. I think I see a party in my future, or a kick out of the family.

“Mhm” I lay down on the bed and close my eyes.

“Oh and your father’s business trip got expanded so we’ll be gone for two more weeks but you still got money and everything so there’s no doubt you’ll be ok” She says with a small gentle laugh.

“Right, well I have school tomorrow and stuff so I better get going” I say.

Mom hums “Well I won’t keep you. I’ll see you when we get home” She says.

“Bye” I say and hang up not waiting for her response.

I lay on the bed for a few more seconds before I pull myself up with a sigh. I walk back to my bedroom to see that Jennifer hasn’t moved one bit.

A small smile comes onto my face as I walk towards the bed, I take the toothbrush and walk into the bathroom and then put it back in the cup on the counter.

Walking back into the bedroom I walk over to Jennifer and gently take of her shoes and socks and then I slide her cardigan off, it can’t be too comfortable sleeping in all of that.

I pull her further up on my bed and tuck her in the sheets. I walk over to my window and open it letting the cool night air slowly flow into the room.

Before I tuck myself in I take off my shirt, pants, shoes and socks leaving me in only my wife beater and boxers. I crawl into bed and lay beside Jennifer, I look at her a few seconds before I let my eyes close and go into dream land.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize to all of my 227 subscribers (holy fucking shit that's alot of people.)

This would have come out sooner but the story has been on my schoo computer so the only time i would have to write on it was in school and the last few weeks we've had this assignment(?) that's taken all of me, plus we've had a test and all that jazz but you can wipe up the tears because i've already started writing the next chapter.

Plus WE HAVE WINTER VACATION!!! WOOOHOO
I'll write for my life, I swear : D