Status: HIATUS

The Life of An American Orphan.

They're Looking At What I'm Wearing.

Jen’s P.O.V
”I can’t believe he asked you out on a date” Sarah said as we’re roaming the streets looking for a dress and ice cream.

“It’s not a date, we’ve only know each other for like an hour. It’s just friends hanging out” I say as I look through different store windows.

“Yeah, at a charity event full of rich people” Sarah say and looks at me.

“Which is why I need to look like them and not poor” I say and look back at her.

“Don’t change the subje—Oh ice cream, come on!” She says and drags me down the street to an ice cream stand.

We both got our ice cream and we started to walk again. We walk down the rest of the street, looking in the windows to see if we could find something but it looks like the luck wasn’t on our side today.

I was so close to giving up after an hour of looking until I saw the window across the street. I starred at it hearing Sarah talking to me but not register the words coming out. I managed to tear my eyes from the window and looked at a talking Sarah.

“What?” I ask once she stopped talking.

“I said, there’s nothing here so we might as well get the train to a mall and see if he have better luck there.” She says looking dejected.

“No need, I found the perfect dress.” I say with a smile on my face.

“Where?” She asks and I point to the beautiful dress in the window.

“Holy crap” Was the words she said before dragging me to the store almost breaking the door as she opened it.

“It’s beautiful” She says running towards the dress and picking it up looking at it closely.

“You have to try it.” She continues as she found a dress in my size and held it out for me to take.

I take the dress from her hands with the smile still on my face. I walk towards the dressing room. I was really nervous standing in the dressing room, never in my life had I ever tried on a dress that beautiful. I zipped the dress up with closed eyes, only because I wanted to see it really on when I was standing with Sarah.

“Sarah, you there?” I ask.

“Yeah I’m here.” She say and I nod to myself.

I slowly open the door and I immediately hear Sarah gasp. I bit my lower lip and open my eyes. I stare at myself in the mirror speechless with a big smile on my face.

“Jen you look absolutely beautiful” Sarah almost shouted and I laugh a little.

“Yeah” I say still smiling.

“I mean, I don’t want to sound self centered or anything but hot damn I have never looked better” I say as I stroke the fabric of the dress smooth. I twirl around and then do a small catwalk which made both of us giggle.

“This is defiantly the one” I say and look at Sarah.

“How much does it cost?” She asks and my smile decreases a little.

I lift my right arm up and check the tag. My small smile turned into a big frown as I see the three numbered tag.

“It’s beautiful but not 230 dollar beautiful.” I say defeated.

“230 bucks!?” Sarah shouts and looks at the tag.

“We’ll just find something else, something that’s 200 dollars cheaper.” I say and turn around and walk back to the little changing room to change.

“Wait, you have a credit card right?” Sarah asks standing outside the door.

“Yeah?”

“Well then just by the dress and return it the day after.” She say making it sound like the easiest thing in the world.

“I don’t know, what if I spill something on it or something. I can’t afford it.” I say and open the door and walk out in my regular clothes.

“It’s not like they’re going to have a huge food fight. It will be fine, just buy it.” Sarah say with a big smile on her face.

“Well, they’re not the people for food fights.” I say with a small smile while biting my lower lip.

“Exactly so you’ll buy it then?” She asks and looks at me with big eyes.

“Ok, I’ll buy it.”

“Great and I have some awesome black pumps that will go with the dress.” Sarah say as we make our way to the check out.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is more like a filler than a chapter but but..
Still trying to come into a "working" mode but with summer vacation it's kind of hard so i'm very sorry.

I'm thinking about maybe not updating until school start. So that i can re-write some chapters on my stories and not just write them and post them i dunno at the moment :/

Now it's ice cream time, please comment :D