A Rose, My Rose

Alone.

September 19, 1918.

Maggie wept over Elizabeth’s now dead body. The influenza had taken her brother-in-law and now her own sister. She felt as if she had nothing else to live for. Curtis had failed to reply to her last letters and she fears the worst. Her only hope is her 17 year old nephew that is now lying in his own deathbed.

Maggie coughed violently as she kneeled her way towards Edward’s hospital bed.

“Edward?” She whispered softly into his ear, she took a hold of his warm hand with her colder one.

Edward stayed silent; Maggie knew that his time was ending soon, as was hers. She wasn’t visiting her sister and her nephew; she was also in the hospital bed right next to his.

“Marjorie? You must get back in your bed.” Maggie turned to see Doctor Cullen standing behind her; he had been remarkably wonderful these past few weeks with her and her family.

Maggie tried to stand up but her legs gave out, Carlisle went over to her and picked her up as if she was as light as a feather. She blushed as he carried her to her death bed. She had to admit that she had a slight crush on the handsome doctor, he had been very attentive to her over the past weeks and she had developed a kinship with him.

“Sleep…” He whispered in her ear, and she closed her eyes and fell into a deep sleep.

~~

Maggie woke up hearing a female voice in her room. She looked over to where Edward was lying last night, but two nurses were making the bed.

“Where is my nephew, Edward Mason?” She asked, her voice was raspy because of her sickness. The two nurse gasped and turned around and glanced at her before walking out of the room.

Maggie looked outside to see that it was still dark out, most likely the early morning and noticed that both Elizabeth’s and Edward’s beds were made. She understood now, they had died and she was alone. Maggie felt her warm tears well up in her eyes and fall for her beloved sister and nephew. But she knew she’d join them in the Heaven when her time came.

“Maggie?” Maggie looked over to Dr. Cullen, still crying for her family. “Everything will be alright.”

“How so? I have lost hope with this life.” She said softly, tears still falling down her cheeks.

“What if you could have a new life, be reborn into another?” Carlisle asked hopefully. Maggie looked at him strangely. “Would you do it?”

“Not without my family.” Maggie mumbled, wiping her nose with her handkerchief.

“What if Edward was there with you?” Maggie snapped her head towards Carlisle, now fully interested in what he was saying. “If I was there also. Would you do it?”

“What?” Maggie was still confused at what he was asking, was he jesting with her?

“Free of sickness and death, forever beautiful and young. Would you?” Carlisle said, stepping closer to Maggie. He knelt beside her, taking her hand in his. She felt the coldness of his skin radiate from, it felt amazing under her blazing skin.

“It sounds like a dream.” She whispered, staring at Carlisle, if he was any other man, she would be frightened, but with him he was safe.

“It’s not.” He whispered back, his lips inching closer and closer to her neck. “Do you?”

“Yes.”

Carlisle swooped down and pressed his lips to her neck, giving her a light kiss, almost as an apology, before biting into it.

Carlisle groaned as her blood slid down his throat, he had never, not even when he was a newborn been so addicted to a humans blood more that Maggie’s. With Edward he was very wary at first, but his blood held no appeal to him, not like Maggie’s did.

At first, the bit was pleasurable, something to Maggie that felt very romantic about it. And when he kissed her neck just before, it was very romantic. The whole first part was very erotic on her part, but seconds after she started feeling very woozy and tired. She had never felt this before, not even her sickness had caused this feeling. But as time went on, the odd feeling turned horrible and pain swelled in her body, she tried to scream out in pain, but the lack of blood caused it to be only gasps.

“Shhh, we are almost there.” Carlisle voice called to her, before her eyes closed and she passed out
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please!
And my newest story, coming out November!(:
Forever Is For Life.
Subscribe it and comment it!