A Rose, My Rose

Awaken.

Maggie POV:

I screamed as the pain in my throat intensified tenfold. The pain that had ran throughout my body the past few days, though it seemed like years, in its own way distracted me from the pain in my throat. It felt as if I had never drunk anything in my whole 23 years and am now just waking up with my throat dry. Trying to distract myself from the gnawing pain in my throat I focused on my surroundings. My eyes were still closed, I felt as if it wasn’t safe to open them yet, I focused on my other senses.

My ears were picking up sounds that seemed like they were close up, but instinctually, I knew that they were 70 meters west of my location. The sound seemed to be… water? Like a brook or possibly light river. To the opposite of that seemed to a pounding of something, like something running. It sounded as if it had four legs, by how fast it was going possibly a deer. And how many sounds of the pounding I somehow deduced that there was a herd of about 15 or so.

I took a deep breath, though it felt unneeded to me, and smelt many smells. Things like wood and paint, I was guessing I was in a house of some kind, and two very unique scents. The two scents alerted me; my body indiscreetly tightened a bit, once again something I felt was instinctual. They both seemed non-threatening and kind, though one still put me on the edge a bit. The first was comforting; it smelt of peppermint and maple, with a dash of honey. The scent was very welcoming and seemed to belong to masculine as well. I noticed that the scent seemed to be floating around the room I was in quite a lot actually. The second seemed younger in a way, it smelt of grass and citrus, it didn’t appeal to me like the other before it did but there was something very familiar about it. They both seemed familiar, but the second the most.

“Ugh, I hear voices in my head!” A young man spoke, I tightened a bit again, and the voice was familiar to me, though I couldn’t remember at the moment.

“Peace, son. I have already explained to the best of my knowledge. Now be quiet we must wait for Marjorie.” A second voice said, something in my mind sparked at the voice, I felt myself move a bit at the voice. It was beautiful.

“Oh God…” The young man groaned, but the other shushed him quickly.

I felt that it was okay to open my eyes. So I opened my right eye open first. But after I did so I open the left and I widened them. It was amazing… The light tones of the ceiling reflected perfectly with the sun coming from the window to my right. It seemed to almost reflect off of it. I focused harder on the ceiling and my eyes seemed to zoom so I could see the tiny bumps that were on it. I looked closer at the whole room, it was very plain, just a twin bed, nightstand, and lamp to the left side by the door. The whole room seemed to be a light brown. The lamp was turned off and the sun was setting but I looked at everything and it seemed as if it was day.
“She is up; can we get her and hunt? I am so thirsty!” The younger one said. Hunt? What did he mean by that?

“We must let her come to us; you remember how you felt waking up Edward.” The other said. Edward… That name… It was so familiar to me, like I had known it all my life. I couldn’t put a face to the name though.

“Ha!” Edward, I think, said. “Hurry up Aunt Maggie!” Maggie! I know her! Well me! I am Maggie, also known as Marjorie!

I soon as I came to the realization pictures seemed to rapidly run through my brain, pictures of things that soon started getting fuzzy. Pictures of my home, my sister and brother-in-law, my nephew Edward! Curtis and our lovely spot in the woods, us in love.

I sat up in the bed, my body feeling limber. I moved my legs and tossed them over the side of the bed and placed them on the hardwood floor. I stood up, the stress that I usually felt when standing was nonexistent. I felt like a feather, that my body mass was nothing. I moved to the door, grabbing the door of the handle and pulled it open. I turned and faced a long hallway and followed it. I turned and faced a set of stair that went down. An uneasy feeling came upon me. I felt as if I should go up back into the room and barricade myself in it and wait for the other to get me. Immediately I started thing ways on how to attack the situation of being out numbered.

“Aunt Maggie?” Edward called out; I immediately stopped my plan of action, snapping me back into myself.

“Marjorie, it is me Dr. Carlisle Cullen, would you like to come down, Edward and I are sitting down.” He said, I wanted to shout that I knew that already but held my tongue.

I walked slowly down the stairs and noticed them sitting on a red sofa.

“Marjorie.” Carlisle whispered, though I heard him perfectly. He was perfection… Nothing in my short life had ever seen such a masterpiece. Not anything in the world could ever compare to him. He was beautiful. His blonde hair shimmered and was pulled back into his usual hairstyle that complimented him perfectly, his overly white skinned seemed so smooth almost as smooth as ice and his honey eyes glowed, and his lips, those wonderful lips pulled into an equally wonderful smile that showed a perfect white teeth. I shot a small smile back, still in awe of him.

Edward sighed, I looked over to him. My once little nephew seemed to grow up in looks. Features and bone structure lost all of it childlike appeal and turned into itself into a manlike face almost. His baby fat that was on his cheeks was lost showing now high cheekbones and a strong jaw line. His skin was as pale as Carlisle’s but what shocked me were his eyes. They were no long the green that we shared but a monstrous looking red, almost blood-like. I gasped in horror.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry :(