A Rose, My Rose

Oh Little Children, I am the Big Bad Wolf

I stood on the outskirts of the town visibly shaking. God, it is so hard. The blood, oh the sweet blood that tickled my nostrils. I smelt so many different kinds, almost like a buffet for me. The sweet smell felt like it was beckoning me over to it, to the blood.

I felt the haze start to wash over me like what happened minutes before with Edward and the deer. I tried so hard to push it down and away, I really did, but unlike last time this one was stronger, much stronger, and the blood smelled so stronger and better I really had no chance on stopping it.

No. I cannot do this. I may be a monster but I can act like I am not. Yes, Maggie. I thought to myself, just turn around and walk back, I don't need to go back to that place with him, but I can go somewhere else.

But that blood, all that blood! Just a little taste, a snack of sorts. Just one person and I'll be finished.

I can do this. I took a step forward, the blood's scent got stronger. My eyes got darker. My body tenses in anticipation. I take a deep unneeded breath, it still felt awkward to no need to breath, and let it out slowly, my shaking also dwindling down too. I soon as the last bit of the air in my useless lungs is out of my mouth I take off straight to the town.

I run for seconds, miles away from the town. The scent of that delicious aroma causes me to moan out loud, it's just too good. It's heaven…

A giggling catches my ear. Two small voices are heard.

"Tommy, you are being naughty. Wait till mom finds out!" I hear a small girl's voice say. I stop dead in my tracks. The town mile away is forgotten. I turn my head to the direction of the voices, two or more miles out.

"Shut up Susie, don't be a tattle-tale!" Another young child's voice calls through the wind. A little boy perhaps. A small smile graces my face. But this is no maternal smile. No, this is the smile of the big bad wolf who just found his piggys' out of their house. Oh this is just too easy.

"Don't tell me to shut up! And I am not a tattle-tale!" She retorts back. The wind picks up and carries their unique scent to me. It rushes over me and I take another deep unneeded breath and close my eyes in almost ecstasy. I moan softly. They smell so good. Like innocence's. They are innocent.

I take off, heading straight for them. The haze covers me completely, I feel consumed by it. My eyes turn black and I become ruthless again. No good thoughts come to my mind, no conscious screaming at me, no feelings of dread of what's to come nor guilty of what will happen. No once again I am savage and uncontrollable.

I half a mile of their location and slow to a light jog and plan. A smirk reaches my face as they are in my sights.

I relax my tense posture, and I soften my eyes so they don't look sociopathic. My jog turns to a walk, making sure to glide gracefully. I cannot do anything about my blooded clothing and the blood on my face is too dry. I will be fine.

They were turned away from me, looking for something on the mossy ground.

"Oh little children," I say softly, making sure my voice was non-threatening. Even though my instincts were telling me to just grab their little necks and squeeze something was holding me back. "What are you doing out in the woods?"

They turn around and stare at me with shock. I see both of them swallow simultaneously and their postures tense quickly, seemingly ready to take off. I didn't really want to chase both of them. I soften my smile and lower my head slightly giving off a harmless look. I look up at them and take a step closer. I was about six feet away from them. They both had blond hair and innocent features. Obviously siblings by the look of their same eye color and mouths. They looked at my clothing up and down suspiciously. Then the boy gasps.

The wind changes directions and my scent is now rushing towards them. Their postures slacken and their eyes cloud over with a dreamy look in them. They looked almost like a dying animal know it was going to die and just giving up.

My instincts now told me to attack and my features that were once calm and peaceful turn sour and I jump across and latch on to the boy's neck.

He and the girl scream out in fear, the fog that covered them before disappeared and they knew they were in trouble.

They boy hits me on my shoulders in self-defense but it was useless and annoying. He was becoming a nuisance. I grabbed onto his hair on the top of his head and pulled it down. His neck snaps and his movements stop. The little girl was long gone, screaming and running home. I realized that she was pretty close to the town so I stopped draining him and took off to her.

I caught up quickly while she kept screaming and running, so annoying, I grab the back of her neck and pull her back a little too hard and she flew back and slammed into a tree. I hear her head slam into the tree and her movements and screaming stopped also. I grabbed the top of her dress and fling her across my shoulder. I take off and head back to where her brother is, dead.

I drop her next to him and once again latch onto his neck and continue draining him. When I finished with him I started on his sister.

I was finished with both of them when the fog disappeared from my mind again. I looked down at the two children I had just murdered. Two innocent children who had done no evil in the world and here they are deep in the forest with fear etched onto their faces and the picture of my bloody self as the last thing they saw. The thing that I crave the most is what I had just killed, for blood.

Monster. Monster. Monster. Monster. Monster. Monster.

I crawl backwards from them again. I need to get out of here, away from them! I turn around and get on my feet and dash away. Sobs once again racking my body.

What have I done in this world that made me deserve something like this? Why me?

I may feel guilty now but that need with come again and when it does…

Oh God, what to do!