A Rose, My Rose

I Don't Want This

I craned my neck side to side subconsciously and closed my eyes a huffed loudly. My nostrils flare next, I roll my shoulders. I turn my head left and right and observe my surroundings. I was still in this damned never-ending forest. My last meal was 2 days ago and I was antsy, ready for my next meal.

Those stupid kids satisfied me for like 2 seconds. I wanted more! So much more. That blood, ahh. Better than any bitter deer. They were so sweet, so innocent. I did feel guilty about what I did, truly. Just, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do to survive. And that is what I am doing, surviving. People would understand what I am doing, it is justified. At least, that's what I am telling myself.

When I finished off the children my dress what a deep blood read, no other preexisting color was shown. I was stiff with their blood and it smelled. But I didn't care; it was almost like a trophy. A dirty, guilty trophy, but a trophy nonetheless. Since my body no longer produced oil my hair wasn't disgusting, besides the fact of the dried blood in it and the stick and leaves that now inhabited it. I stayed close to that creak and washed my face and hands from the blood, but I still could see the tint of the blood of those children on my hands. No matter how much I washed them it stayed there. My eyes were as bloody as before.

I closed my eyes and took a deep unneeded breath in and let it out slowly. My mind focused on my nose and ears. The fog blanketed me again.

2.6 miles south is a herd of deer grazing in a meadow, my nose crinkles up and I push the deer aside.

4.8 miles north is a large group of horses, again push it aside.

5.3 miles north, just past the horses I hear footfall, heaving breathing, heartbeats, and voices. I smile and take off. My eyes open and I head to the direction they are at. 15 or more, not children, much, much bigger. Full grown, full blooded humans. Almost like a freaking buffet.

2 miles away and I hear voices.

"Where are those kids?"

"It's been two days, they dead."

"Don't say that idiot!"

"Man, I gotta pee!"

I was now a half a mile away, their blood flew into my nose, their heartbeats pounding in my ears, so close, their backs were turned to me, so close, my arms reach out to grab onto one of them. Almost there.

A large force slams into my side and carries me half a mile away from my prey. The prey didn't even notice.

The solid force kept pushing me farther and farther away from them. My mind was into much of a shock for me to process what was happening and make me attack. Now about 2 miles away from the retreating prey I start to come to my senses.

Black dress shoes followed by grey dress pants and a navy blue dress shirt all accompanied by pale skin, blonde hair, and gold eyes that were much darker that what they were when I last saw them days ago.

"What was that Carlisle?" I spat, my face turning into a scowl. Setting him aflame with my stare.

His gentle demeanor was now gone and replace with something that made my stomach turn and make me want to bow down to him.

"That Marjorie was called saving your life." He said heatedly. His golden eyes turned even darker. I looked upon his features and they made the venom in my eyes water up, I had missed his face.

"Carlisle," I said, that was really all I could say to him. I had nothing I could say to him.

"You will be coming home with me, you will stay there, and you will stop with the humans." He said, his tone of voice was till the same but his eyes were less steely.

I felt so weak under his stare, I couldn't meet his eyes. I dropped to my knees and I started to tearlessly sob. I don't want this, I don't want this, I don't want this.

"I know," He said, I must of said it aloud. "No sane human should want this."

He still stood above me, my head was still bowed. I still cried.

"Marjorie… Maggie, please, let me help you. Give me this chance to help you, I know you don't want this but let me make you hate it less. Please." He said, I still sobbed helplessly. I don't want this, I don't want this!

He reached his hand down and held it out for me. I looked up at his eyes; they were soft and beautiful again. I felt peace wash over me. I took his hand in my own and stood up; he squeezed my hand as we started walking towards the house.

Towards a new life with Edward and Carlisle.