Status: Sort-Term Hiatus

My Kingdom

Prologue

You are cordially invited to celebrate
the uniting of
Jonathan Bryan Toews
and
Jeanine Kayla Munro
On Friday, July 14th 2010
At 3 o’clock
135 Anderson Avenue, St. John’s Cathedral
Followed by a reception
Please call to RSVP.


Cale Finley felt her heart break as she stared at the golden color paper in her hand. Surely she expected him to move on, only not quiet this quick. There was always the thought that they in time could get back together in her mind, but now there was no chance. He had moved on from her all too quick, merely months after they broke up she got word of his new girlfriend, and now not even a fully year later she sat staring at an invitation that mocked her with every word. He had nerve enough to invite her, his ex-girlfriend of almost 4 years, to his wedding.

She could just not go. But then Cale knew herself if she didn’t go everyone would know she wasn’t over him, and she was over him. Or at least that’s what she told herself, if you pretend something long enough it becomes the truth right? Wrong.

So she picked out a simple dress and put on a fake smile on her face. If she was going to do this she at least had to make it convincible enough for people not to see through her and notice that even if she had a smile on her face inside her heart was shattering and her breathing was slow, that her eyes were watering out of sadness and not happiness as everyone else’s.

Cale Finley knew that no one would ask, but Cale Finley knew that someone would know.

Jonathan Toews would know Cale Finley was hurting the moment he saw her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?