Status: Sort-Term Hiatus

My Kingdom

Dim That Spotlight Superstar

Cale was perched on her bed, her legs curled underneath her, text books open sitting in front of her and the phone perched between her neck and her shoulder as she flipped through the books before her, bargaining her attention between studying and the conversation she was having with her best friend. She knew she should have ben getting ready for the date she had in an hour but Cale wasnt the kind of girl that needed to spend hours getting ready for a date and she had a test the next day in her Sociology class that she needed to study hard for. Glancing to her left she stiffled a giggle at Lizzie who was perched n her own bed, in a position much like Cale herself, only Chris Vande Velde happened to be sitting behind her, his arms wrapped around her waist as he peeked over her shoulder at the homework she was doing causing her to cover it and giggle.

"Hey Cale you might wanna get dressed you're due to leave with Mr. Toews in like twenty minutes!" Lizzie called over to her roommate with a smug smirk on her lips as she looked down at the watch on the arm that encircled her waist. Cale turned her head, looking at the wall clock and jumped up off her bed saying goodbye to her friend she threw her phone on her bed.

"Shit!" She mumbled, turning to the suitcase she still had yet to unpack, rooting through it for a pair of jeans figuring they were safe as she had no idea where they were going and for a fellow college student it wouldnt be anywhere fancy, plus it was Grand Forks, she loved the city but it's not like it's a huge city. Lizzie chuckled from beside her, letting her know she was growing nearer and nearer to the time and the minute Cale placed her mascara down on the dresser there was a knock on the door. Letting out a deep breath she walked over to the door, pausing to look back at Lizzie, who gave her a thumbs up before swinging the heavy dorm door open.

Jonathan Toews stood on the other side, clad in dark wash jeans and a light blue polo shirt, a bright smile on his face as he watched the girl before him, who looked effortlessly beatufiul grab her phone and shove it in her pocket before bidding her roomate and their guest goodbye and following Jon out of the dorm hall and down the streets of Grand Forks.

"So I will admit I'm surprised I didnt have to wait for you, most girls I have to wait for." Jon mused to really no one in particular, Cale chuckled turning to him with a coy smile on her face as she tucked a stray curl behind her ear.

"Most girls? How many have you been with Casablanca?" Cale joked as they rounded a corner, a small restaurant coming into view as Jon's hands were shoved in his pocket, he wouldnt admit to anyone that he was nervous as hell, he put it off to the guys as just another date, but he knew as well as TJ knew it was more than just a date for Jon, he hadnt been able to get Cale out of his head since the day he met her a mere week and a half ago, "and to be honest, I actually lost track of time doing homework and didnt start getting dressed until like twenty minutes ago, Chris and Lizzie were killing themselves laughing at me."

Jon let out a deep chuckle and placed his hand on the small of Cale's back, leading her into the building and to a seat where they sat in silence as they looked over the menu's. Cale's eyes stayed glued to the menu in nervousness while Jon's eyes wavered from the menue to the girl before him, wondering how he got so lucky to be here tonight.

"So what are you majoring in?" Cale asked as the waitress left with the couples orders, Jon looked up from the glass of water he had been staring at to Cale's smiling face. It amazed him how everytime he saw her she was smiling, she seemed to be one of the happiest people he knew.

"I dont have a major yet. I'm not sure because I might be in Chicago in the next couple of years. What about you?" Cale nodded along with Jon's sentence, knowing as he had told her when they first met he had graduated early to spend a year or two here before he was off to the big leagues. Biting her lip she looked down at her hands, entertwined in her lap for a moment before looking back up at him.

"Pschycology and rehab councelling. Don't ask trust me it's complicated." Jon laughed with Cale, he couldnt help but notice the glitter of emotion that light upo her eyes when she talked, much like his mother often told him he had when he talked about hockey.

"Do you have any siblings?" Nodding her head lightly Cale swallowed the water she had took a sip of and a smile graced her lips.

"Yeah I have three brothers, they're al older than me. What about you, do you have any?" Jon stared at her, wondering how her brothers dealt with having her as a sister, they must have wantd to keep her in te house at all times, Jon couldnt imagine having a sister that was as pretty as Cale and not wanting to lock her away from boys all her life. He couldnt imagine what it was like to grow up with all of the opposite sex siblings, being the only girl.

"Wow, I cant imagine what that's like with three brothers. Must have been hell growing up huh? Yeah I do, a brother, he's sixteen." Cale shrugged to Jon's comment and smiled at him as the waitress brought their food over.

"It wasnt bad, they're the reason I can actually defend myself, and sure they're really overprotective but I couldnt imagine having a different family even with all the caos. Does you're brother play hockey too?" Jon was amazed with her, the fact that she didnt bash on her siblings, even though he rarely did it but if the opportunaty presented its self with David he took it and didnt regret it but she seemed generally happy that she grew up without a sister.

"Yeah he's playing high school hockey at the school I went to. I feel sorry for him though because everyone compares his play to mine and we're completely different players. It bothers me to see him so uncomfortable when people do that." Cale understood that, being compared to many members of her family as well she knew how his brother must feel.

The two talked lightly between each other before they finished their meal, and much to Cale's open displeasure Jon paid before the couple walked through the rather empty streets. Jon slowly and causously reached over, taking Cale's hand in his careful not to make himself look like a jackass or just plain stupid. Cale's head turned to him as his skin his hers, a smile dancing across her face and that's when Jon let out the breath he had been holding all night out; finally able to relax.

They had been walking for a good half hour before heading back to the dorms. They reached teh heavy dark green door that opened to Cale's room and she turned to Jon, her ahnd still in his, "well, this is me. I had fun tonight, thank you."

"It's not a problem, I had fun today too." It was lame to say but Jon couldnt think of anything else to say before he leaned down, pressing his lips lightly to Cale's, barely brushing them against hers before pulling back with a blush on his face.

"Where are you going?" She whispered, pulling him back down and pressing their lips together for a more forceful kiss, that left both smiling as they parted ways. Cale had entered her room just in time for Chris Vande Velde to shoot her a grin before exiting himself. Closing the door behind her Cale flopped on her bed before turning to Lizzie who was already looking at her with the same expectant look on her face. The two girls laughed knowing just what one and other were thiking as they rolling onto their sides and waited for one to talk, "whats going on with you and Chris?"

"No idea, now lets talk about the real topic, what happened on you're date with the number one guy on campus, you know you're gonna have a whole lot of girls after you right?" Rolling her eyes Cale bit her lip, trying to hide a smile she knew she was doing terribly at before taking a breath and looking back at Lizzie who was smiling widely as well.

"It was good. We talked, went for dinner and then took a walk before we came here. And big deal it's not like we're exclusive anyways. Something tells me we wont be anyways, both of us like to party too much. And back to the smaller topic, what the hell is going on with you and Chris, and dont feed me this 'I dont know' or 'just hanging out' bull shit, I want to know for real." Laughing at her friends straight face and serious sentence Lizzie's smile slowly faded.

"Kay so we've established we really like each other, but havent gotten past the cuddling, hugging, hand holding thing yet. I dont really want to bring it up but it's been bothering me lately. Plus Peyton's just being an even bigger bitch than usual lately and she's starting to piss me off so much I might just spike a vollyball at her head in practice or something." Cale laughed knowng that her friend was in fact serious and picturing that made her laugh.

"Let me know the day you plan to do it, I want to be there to witness this." Cale stated before the two girls busted out laughing so hard they couldnt breathe. The two knew that this was the begining of a great set of four years, the best was yet to come.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last update for this story until at least the sixth of september, so how about some comments until then to keep me motovated?

15 comments for an update on the 6th!