Captivation.

4

Ava looked at her watch. She was surprised at how much time had passed. “It’s time to get you ready for the stage,” she said standing up.

“Sing with me,” he said quickly standing.

“I don’t know what to say,” she was baffled and couldn’t think.

“Just say yes. It’ll only be for, ‘Who I am’ and this song we just wrote. Are you cool with that?” He bit his lip and prayed she was cool with it.

“How did you know I knew ‘Who I am’?” She asked with a smile. “I also know Vesper’s Goodbye as well.”

“Wait, what? For someone who despises me you sure know my songs,” he joked.

She laughed heartedly and gave a warm smile. “I’d love to sing with you, Nick Jonas.” His name rolled like honey off her lips and he could imagine her soft lips saying his name forever.
The day went perfect. He introduced her on stage and she sung her heart out with him. Her mother was shocked to see this change of mood in her daughter. She was even more shocked when her daughter told her she would be Nick’s tour guide.

Later that week…

Nick’s hand was linked into hers. They walked hand in hand down the beach. He had to tell her that it was time for him to leave. He didn’t want to but it wasn’t all that bad. He had a surprise for her. They had spent so much time in the studio this week and it paid off. He was able to get her a record deal. He couldn’t wait to tell her.

“I have surprise for you,” he said to her trying hard to keep a smile off his face.

“Really?” She asked excitedly.

“I got you a record deal,” he stated. His eyes watching her intently.

She squealed and hugged him tightly. He picked her up and spun her around. He had set her on the ground, he gazed into her eyes, leaning forward. His hands cupped her cheeks gently as he kissed her softly. He pulled away and placed his forehead against hers. “And now you get to leave with me and I don’t have to say goodbye,” he said softly.

She bit her lip softly before she kissed him this time. Everything had fallen into place. He had captivated her and she was perfectly happy with that.