18 AND LIFE

Chapter 1

1992...

Heavy rain crashed against the windscreen of Bonnie's Datson. Her mother always hated her driving in such dangerous weather, but today Bonnie didn't care. In a matter of seconds, her vibrant red sundress became soaked as she walked across the cemetery grounds. A combination of rain and tears flowed down her face, while she stood before the grave of the only man she ever loved. It had been five painful years since the night of his death. Wiping her eyes, Bonnie placed a small bouquet of red roses on the grave of Richard Joseph Wilson.

"I know what you'd say if you saw this.", she said aloud. "Flowers? I'm not a fucking poofter. ", she said, managing a tiny giggle. "But they remind me of the roses you gave me the night we.. ya know. A lot has changed.", she sighed. "Brendan took his daughter to a wrestling match last night. She's ten months old! He's insane. But then again, I'm the one standing here talking to a tombstone.", she laughed, as tears built up at the same time. "You'd tell me to stop wasting time if you were here physically hey?" She lost control of her tears by this point. "I still love you so much Ricky.", she cried, collapsing to the ground.