Status: One list can lead to so may things.

Scarlet's List

Curtis

The rest of the periods were just the same as always, boring and pointless. I listened to the teachers speak, saw the girls in short skirts glide by me, winking and giggling. Then I saw Lila, she was looking like a slut, of course a gorgeous one, but a slut none the less. The most she did though was wiggle her fingers at me, poke her tongue out-which wasn't the cutest thing ever-and of course bent down in front of me--a lot.

Before I knew it, the bell had rung and I was on my way out to the car. Everything had gone by in a blur. Well not everything, reaching for the door handle, my glance shot towards the girl with long brown hair as she hurried onto the large yellow bus. She looked embarrassed or scared, one of the two, "Ugh, Curtis, that little bitch Scarlet called me a slut to the whole class!" a whiny yet familiar voice cried from behind me.

I bit my tongue, and just embraced her in a tight hug, she smelled like another guy, which honestly didn't surprise me, but she always knew that I would hug her if the day went bad, "I'm sorry, but what do you want me to do?"

"Invite her to my party then...crush her!" she laughed like an evil bitch, then pecked my lips. Her gloss came off, I quickly moved my arm over my lips, and smacked them together to make sure all of it was gone. It wasn't and the slightest taste of pineapple was released into my mouth.

I rolled my eyes at her, "No Lila, look I'll see you later tonight, just get outta here."

She huffed, but walked off over to her silver Porsche, revved the engine and bolted out of the parking lot, cutting a lot of people off, but they didn't care. Nobody ever got in front of Lila, no matter who it was.

Opening my cars door, sliding in, slamming it shut then starting it up, I took out the paper that I had found after first period and opened it up. It was on a white piece of notebook paper, written in black ink, some in red. At the top it looked like a name was there, but it seemed to have been stepped on so much by shoes that it had worn off. It was a list, a list of hurtful words. I began to read down the list;

1.Stupid
2.Ugly
3.Worrier
4.Pathetic
5.Single
6.Suicidal?
7.Worthless
8.Horrible
9.Unable to be helped
10.End it?
11.Loser
12.Freak
13.Outcast
14.Everyone says they want to be like me, or they say I am beautiful, but do they really mean it? Or are they saying it to everyone else they see too?!
15.Stupid fucking freak.
16.No life
17.Boring eyes
18.Messed up
19.No point
20.Have I repeated any?
21.Envious of Lila. I want to be perfect like her.


Then the paper ended, it was ripped? The words were burned into my memory though, I kept rereading the list, letting each word wash over me. Some girl it looked like was hurting, and nobody knew it except herself. And here it is, the proof, I just wish I knew who it was.

;

Parking my car in the gravel driveway of my two story house, I climbed out, patted my little sisters old dog Patches, then headed inside, and the first thing I hear is my mom crying, running into the kitchen, I rushed over to the sobbing woman. Bringing her tear filled eyes to meet mine, I wiped them back, pushed her golden red hair out of her eyes, then helped her into a chair, "Mom, what happened?"

"P-P-Patches," she broke out into a heavy sob once more, he patted her back and lightly shushed her, soon, collected once more, she started, "He wanted to go for a walk, then I remembered his leash was in her room."

The sobs were hard to calm down now, my sister had left home a month ago, why had she left? Her boyfriend decided it would be a good idea to go to Vegas, and while leaving for Vegas, a semi truck with a drunk driver came speeding down the road, and it impacted hard into his small car. Instant death for her boyfriend considering it was his side, but she got thrown out of the car, then landed in a nearby ditch, they didn't find her until she had lost too much blood. She died. It was hard on all of us, but it was hardest on my mom. She figured she pushed my sister to leave. At fifteen the only thing pushing her would be the damn eighteen year old bastard she was with.

Family drama, makes me sound like the boy who is hard on the outside, but is a total sweetheart on the inside. Honestly I just care about people, and have made mistakes, but that doesn't make me cliche, not one bit, honestly it doesn't. It happens to a lot of guys, and it changes them for either the best or the worst, "Mom, I'll call pizza for dinner, you just go and lay down upstairs, I'll bring you dinner before I leave, I'm going to Tommys' for the night."

She kissed my cheek as she walked past me, "Be careful, and don't bother for dinner, when your father gets home I'll just ask him to get something, I love you sweetie."

"I love you too mom," I hugged her tightly and kissed her forehead, she was my mom and I loved her a lot, she was the only true female left in my life that hasn't screwed me over and hopefully never will.

;

I left downstairs to my room in the basement, and flipped the light on, pulled out the list that I had just found hours before, and set it down on my desk. I looked over at my desk, it was covered in the usual shit, pictures from parties that I can't let anyone see, a phone charger, a couple empty Monster cans, and a few Venom bottles and some pop cans and empty gum wrappers. But one thing that probably stuck most out on my desk was a picture, it was my fourth grade class picture, and I was standing next to Scarlet May, the most beautiful girl ever. Her cheeks were a peach pink in the fourth grade, still a little chubby but they held the cutest smile ever, and her deep brown eyes were so big and full of wonder, and then her brown chocolate silk hair was always in braids or piggy tails. Her outfits were either overalls or jeans with a white t-shirt and converse. Your average country girl.

All the kids made fun of her, but I always smiled and said 'Hi', even though in the sixth grade everyone realized she was more of a freak than we thought after she had told us about her pot bellied pig Chops. Everyone made fun of her, and nobody has said two words to her since then. We are all fucking seniors and still nobody talks to her. Dammit.

'Because my heart is in Ohio...So cut my wrist and black my eyes..'

Grabbing my phone before it could continue, I looked at the front screen; Lila(: i love you baby!. Never am I letting another person put their name in my phone, "Hello?"

"Meow! Mean much? Jeez, you better not be like that tonight," she giggled, and then some voices in the background broke out into random giggles, she was with friends, lovely.

"What did you really need Lila?" I was annoyed, and she could tell, she enjoyed every minute of it.

"Well, don't forget the condoms tonight," then the line ended.

She really fucking thought I was gonna have sex with her? Fuck no, not again, last time I did, I ended up getting sick and having mono, and that was from making out, from the sex I had to get a test to make sure I didn't catch anything. She had honestly given me the creeps since the first time we had sex, and the other times we did were just as wrong. It didn't feel right, I didn't feel...Not sure how to explain it?

Pushing the thought of Lila out of my, I tossed my phone onto my unmade bed, then sat down at my desk, flipped on the laptop and logged onto Facebook.

After I answered my updates and notifications, I logged out and checked my Yahoo.

;

Clicking open the e-mail that had just popped up, I read over it;

Dear Curtis,
Hey it's Lulu, I don't know if you remember me, but I was in the senior class last year, you were right under me. We had lunch at the same time, you sat at my table with your friends, and my boyfriend-Blake!

Anyway I was just wondering if you were going to that party tonight at Lila's? I heard that it was gonna be a huge blowout, and I was wondering if you were going because my boyfriend can't make it tonight and I wanted someone to go with! So if you wanna go with me, just call me-419-440-2810, thanks!

Bye,
Lulu


Siting back in my chair a bit, I tried to remember Lulu, I remember her being class president and sitting at my table and dating Blake, but I don't remember her ever really saying two words to me. I looked over at my phone, which was resting on my dark blue pillow, standing up, I grabbed it, then slowly put each foot in front of each other until her number was once again glowing in my face and punched it in, it rang three times, "Hello?" her voice was loud and happy.

"Hey, Lulu? It's Curtis, you still need that ride tonight?"

She squealed, "Yes! Thanks so much! Here, I'll text you my address, pick me up at like nine! Bye!" the line went dead.

Soon my screen once more lit up, and there was her address, it was a country area one, but that would give me a chance to show up with a very hot girl, and actually like being with her.

;

Soon after I had showered, and changed into a pair of baggy blue jeans, a pair of black vans, my red southpole t-shirt, and ruffed my hair, and grabbed my phone, I was off into the car, and speeding down the dirt road as fast as I possibly could.

'She better be fucking ready when I get there.'

After about twenty minutes driving and having some Eminem blare in my speakers as loud as they would go I pulled up in front of a house, with black shingles, a white exterior, and a porch, but I couldn't tell the color. Parking in the small area outside of the house, I inhaled and stepped up on the porch and knocked, three times.

'And here comes mini skirts, boob shirts, and flip flops, just great.'
♠ ♠ ♠
Like/Dislike?

Comments?

Subscribe?

Do You Like It So Far?

-Nicole