Cuddle Weather

It's cold outside and I was wondering if you could let into your warm heart.

There was a knock at my door and I began running at it with over joy and excitement.

I had only been waiting minutes for her, but it felt like years because of what I wanted to tell her.

I opened the door and there she stood in all her perfection. Her winter jacket and beanie only made her more attractive.

“Well are you just going to stare at me or let me in?”She said with a smirk.

I chuckled and moved to let her in.

I helped her with her jacket and walked her over to the couch, which was facing my fire place.

“Well isn’t this nice and cozy.”

“Yeah, it’s a little cold outside and I thought this is much nicer. I even made hot chocolate.” I said going up to get it.

I walked to kitchen, repeating the mantra “It’ll be fine, she’ll say yes.” I poured the mixture into mugs, trying to avoid burning my hands. I took a few deep breaths and walked back into the den to see her sitting on the couch playing her necklace.

I placed down the mugs on the coffee table and sat down across on the couch, both of us facing each other sitting cross-legged.

“I remember when I gave you that necklace. After that prick broke your heart”

“Don’t say that” She looked up at me “you’re being way too nice” she said with a smile.
I smiled. “Do you remember what I told you when I gave it you?” I said as she fumbled around with the heart necklace still.

“Of course” she said looking back down at her hands. “You said that the heart represented my heart and the key hole represented that I should wait for the right guy to come along with the key.”

“Exactly”

“Too bad that’s never going to happen.” She sighed.

“Never say never”

“What the hell is that supposed to mean?” she said finally looking up.

When she did she was face to face with a key on silver chain.

I didn’t get a chance to say anything; she leaned in and kissed me upon the lips.

It was the most passionate, lustful, perfect kiss I’ve ever had. It also helped it was with the one person I loved more than anything.

She pulled away, my hand still resting on her face.

She looked me in the eyes, chewing on her lip. She had never looked more beautiful.

“You don’t know how long I’ve wanted to do that.” She whispered in my ear.

“Oh, yes I do. Because I’ve wanted to do for longer” I smirked

“I doubt it. I saw you first after all. And you were sitting there in the dinner with your girlfriend. You looked so happy, it made me happy. It made me disappointed by the boy that was on my arm.” She smiled

I had never known that, I thought the first time I saw her was the first time I saw her, in homeroom the first day of junior year.

When I saw her, I knew I wanted to become her everything.

“So then why didn’t you didn’t tell me this before?” I smattered out

“Why didn’t you?”

“I asked first.”

“I was so used to guys tearing my heart apart. And you were the one solid thing in my life that had disappointed or ruined me yet. And I loved how safe I feel when I’m in your arms. I didn’t want this” she said kissing me again “ruin that.”

I kissed her again. I then let go of her face and grabbed her hands.

“You of all people should know that could never break a heart, especially of someone I love.”

She just turned around and leaned against me.

I bent down my head and kissed the top of her head.

She stretched up her neck and whispered into my ear “I love you too”

And there we cuddled on my couch with cold weather outside and the warmth of each other’s hearts keeping us warm rather than the fire.