And Then He Kissed Me On MTV

The End, Part 2

"Rachael?"

Dad came to sit beside me that night in my bedroom. His hand found their way to my shoulder which I barely bothered shaking off. My eyes bore holes into the wall in front of me. The wall that separated my room from Alex's. I turned to look at my dad with a hurt expression.

"Why don't you come out for dinner?" He asked curiously.

"Dad? Why didn't you tell me about Alex?" I decided to be straight forward about this. I didn't care how angry he might get, or how he'll just avoid the subject. I wanted answers. I wanted response. I wanted things right.

My dad's face fell. He stared at the door, the door to Alex's room. He then took a deep breath and turned to me, "I guess I don't have to ask if you remember huh." He sighed.

"Is that why you always kept trying to keep me from coming back home?" I asked him, remembering how long it's been since I've been here. Realizing that he never once invited me down or suggest even on a whim to have me come down here. My dad nodded.

"I didn't... I couldn't have you remember him." He struggled through gritted teeth. "He almost killed you Rachael."

"So?" I said in a soft whisper. "Who gave you the right to take away what's mine?" I snarled.

"Alex is not-"

"He may not be mine! But my memories are! You hid them from me! You took them away from me!" I shouted, not even caring that everybody else in the kitchen could probably hear me. "Do you realize how much he's hurting because of me?" I asked him, too angry to shed tears. "Do you know how much it hurt me not to remember him?"

My dad couldn't even look at me. He felt ashamed as he turned away to the floor. He kept his lips pursed without a single comeback to say because he knew it wouldn't matter. What he did was beyond unforgivable. "I'm sorry." He said stiffly, "I wanted you to be happier."

"Happier? Then leave me alone!" I growled. "Leave me the hell alone!"

I stormed out my door through the back feeling the rush of the wind catch my hair as i ran down the streets. Behind me I didn't even here my dad call me back. He just closed the door and left. I felt really stupid then. I should have just forgiven him instead I was out here, mad at the world and feeling horrible for hurting my dad...

"Hello Rachael. Care for a drink?" A voice said in a sweet tone.

I turned around to see a girl with familiar blonde hair. Sharp blue eyes and a smile that was all too friendly. She stepped forward, her familiarity jolting my insides to ashes. "Kristen?"

"Missed me?"

I shrugged. The last I saw her, she was schizo in high school, threatening me with her revenge, but now she smiled at me. Her eyes turned warm as she ran over to hug me. "Haven't seen you in forever!" She squealed. "I saw you on MTV the other night and just... wow!"

"Oh well..." I blushed. "Thanks."

"No problem. I was wondering, how's things with Alex, you guy acted as if you didn't know each other up there." Kristen said in a fascinated voice.

"You could say that." I half laughed.

"Why don't you come over my house? I've got nothing to do tonight and if you're free we could catch up." She said pointing towards her car.

I stared at her car then back to her and raised an eye. "Um... what were you doing out here?" I asked suspiciously.

She blushed. "Well... to tell you the truth, I wanted to see if you were here, some of the people in town were saying you came back so..."

"Oh..." I laughed. "That? Yea, I came to see Jenine."

"Right." Kristen giggled. "So would you like to come over for a little while?"

"Ha ha, that's sounds fun."
****
Chapter 11 Part 2
****
Cause Jersey just got colder and
I'll have you know I'm scared to death
That everything that you had said to me was just
A lie until you left
Now I'm hoping just a little bit stronger
Hold me up just a little bit longer
I'll be fine, I swear
I'm just gone beyond repair
-Mayday Parade "Jersey"
****
Alex sighed, it was a tiring day. It was one in the morning and Jenine still hasn't woke up. He was beginning to wonder how bad she really was. If she died, Rachael would definitely blow. Should he have told her the truth? That Jenine was in serious condition?

Neil woke up startled as he stared at the T.V. that played reruns of Joan of Arcadia. he then turned to Jenine, his hand gliding to hers and gripping tightly. Alex started to get up to leave but Neil shook his head. "Stay Alex... I don't want to be alone in here."

Alex nodded and sat back down. "Do you think Rachael left by now?"

Neil shrugged. "It'd be better if she did. Did you hear about Kristen? She's released from therapy. Are you worried about her?" Alex looked at Neil with a look that said "Of course not" but Neil knew better. No matter what, Alex can never let Rachael go. Not after everything that's happened between them.

"You know... I think if you attempted to get back together with her, she'll fall back in love with you again." Neil smiled as he pushed a few strands from Jenine's face. "You're being stupid doing all this-"

"I'm fine Neil." He said, "I don't need Rachael anymore... I don't care." It was hard to say it but he did it, and it made him feel a lot better. "I don't care what happens to her anymore.

Neil was having trouble believing that. "You're avoiding the inevitable." He said, "Don't say things you don't mean."

Alex sat there silently for a moment pushing his hair back with his hand and then shook his head. "But I do..." He whispered to himself.

They all sat in silence and then Jenine's eyes fluttered open. She turned to look at Neil and then Alex with a small smile. "Hey... guys..." She whispered.

Neil jumped as he held her hand tightly in his warms hands and gave her a smile. "You're awake!"

Alex smiled as she nodded. "I'm sorry.... I'm so sorry Neil..." She cried. "I... I killed our baby..." Tears brimmed at the edges of her eyes. She was hurting so bad. "What kind of mother am I? How can... How can I be so stupid?"

Neil looked at his girl with a struggled smile. He tried his best trying not to cry in front of her. He looked at Alex for help who quickly smiled and then turned his attention to Jenine. "Jenine... you have to forgive yourself... things like this... happens." He said slowly.

"I can't do it... I'm not a mother... not if I did this... I can't have kids again." She cried.

Neil's face fell, heartbroken of the idea of never seeing kids again. His kids again. He looked desperately at Jenine who turned away ashamed of what she's done just like the first time she woke up. "Just... leave me along guys." She whispered.

"No..." Neil said. "I'm not leaving you alone. You're not alright, you need me by your side and I'm going to stay."

"Neil... how can you say that? I need to hear that you're mad at me. I need to hear that I'm irresponsible! I need to feel like I've done something wrong." She explained in a pained tone. "Can't you at least do that?"

"You know you've done something wrong..." Neil said. "Why do you need me to tell you?" He asked in a soft tone.

"Because... I don't deserve to live..." She broke off crying into his shirt as Neil held her close in his arms. He looked up quickly for Alex who was no longer in the room now. "Jenine..."
****
Alex leaned back against his car seat with a sigh. He stared at the dashboard where his cell phone lied vibrating from a call. He took his phone and saw that it was Rachael. Without thinking he opened it and pressed the phone to his ears.

"Hello Alex... long Time no see."

He froze.

"What are you doing with Rachael's phone?" He snarled, though he could only guess why she had it.

"I just wanted to say that I'm about to make my mark, and I wanted to let you know that Rachael bids you her farewells." Kristen sneered.

Alex frowned. His eyes narrowed as his breathing went irregular. "So?" He growled, "What do I care if she doesn't remember me?"

"Oh I wouldn't say that if I were you, she remembers you perfectly or we wouldn't be in Westwood right now talking about the good ol' days." Kristen gave a shrill laughter which was echoed through the phone. Behind her was a scream.

"Let me go! Don't listen to her Alex!"

He bit his lip. "What are you doing with her?" He demanded.

"A lot actually, I've just finished the beating of her, would you like to watch the finale?"

"You're sick!" He spat.

"Do you want to save her? Because you know, you won't make it time to do it, I bet you my life." She sneered. "Come on let's play this-"

Before she could even finish the sentence, he hung up, the keys in the ignition as his car roared to life. The car sped off the parking lot, full speed to his destination.

Westwood High.
****
I fell to the ground once more. My hands tied behind my back and chained to the wall. Kristen smiled as she threw another kick to my stomach with her sharp heels. Her breathing was fast with excitement as she bend to down to grab a fist full of my hair and pulling my face to hers with a cynical grin. "Alex is on the way, oh I can't wait to see his face when he walks through those doors." She gave a haughty laugh as she threw my head to the hard floors.

There was a loud crack and I gave a strangled cry as pain shot through my eye. I turned over feeling it swell, The bruise was huge, I could tell when I could no longer open right eye. I stared up at Kristen in tears as she pulled me up again slapping my injured eyes with a mocking laugh and groaned in pain.

"What's wrong Rachael? The pain too much?" She asked in cooing voice. Her smile on her face quickly dissapeared as she bent down again, she lifted me by the collar of my shirt and glared coldly into my eyes. I looked away. but she grabbed my face so I saw nothing but hers. "You've no idea what I've been through because of you." He hissed. "My life was ruined! People talk about me behind my back!" Her hand shot up to my shoulders as her long french nails dug into my skin.

"That's you're own stupid fault!" I struggled through heavy breaths. "You shouldn't have spread those rumors! You brought it all on yourself!"

"SHUT UP!" She shrieked, shaking me violently with her skinny arms. "I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!" Her nails raked my my body as I squrmed under her madness. "You! I'm going to kill you!" She snarled with heavy breaths, "I'm going to kill you right in front of Alex when he steps through those doors! And you're going to die knowing your causing his pain!"

I whimpered now. Defenseless, scared, hurt, and heartbroken. When Alex stepped through those doors I knew he was going to see me. See me hurt, see me ugly. Bloody. He may have been a jerk for the past few years since he became a famous artist but that didn't change the fact that I loved him.

"Please don't do this Kristen." I begged in a hoarse voice. "Don't kill me in front of him... Please.... just stop..."

Kristen stared at me with an amused look. She looked at the doors then back to me as she pulled out a calibur and pointed it at my head. She was smiling in a crazed way now cocking the gun. Her finger trembling on the trigger. "Shut up." She hissed.

"Please... don't kill anyone..." I begged.

"Shut up or I pull this trigger!" She shrieked.

"You don't want to do this!" I cried, tears fully rushing down my cheeks.

"Dammit!" She barked and the gun was swung at my face and I felt the blood rushing to my eyes now. My vision reddened. "I dont' care what you say! I'm far too off the edge to listen to you!"

Just then the door opened and there was a loud gasp from a familiar shadow standing in the moonlight. Kristen jolted on her feet to point the gun at me, her fist with my hair, I was pulled up to my feet. I gave a loud cry before. Alex gave heavy breaths standing in the door way with fear etching at his skin.

"Put the gun down... I already called the cops." Alex said as calmly as he could but his shaky voice said it all. He was scared. The police may not come in time and I might be dead soon.

"Well, then let them come, I'm going to kill her either way." She said with a smile. "And for breaking up with me to go with her, you'll have to watch her death!"

"Stop it! Kristen! This is crazy! Stop it!" Alex barked as he took a step foward but Kristen pressed the gun to my neck. "Don't come any closer." She growled. "Or maybe..." She pulled the gun to him, "I'll shoot your first."

"Which one, which one..." She laughed. I could see the fear dancing on Alex' face. "You?" He shook his head vigorously before she pointed the gun back at me. "Or her?"

"Please... Just don't shoot us, we'll let you go..." Alex begged.

I've decided this.

If I was going to die, I'd die knowing who I was. My name was Rachael. Rachael Everstein. I'm twenty years old, a vocalist for the "Fall of Grace". Born in Jersey, with a mom I still love despite her faults and a father I adore and loved till no end. My best friend is Jenine, who stuck with me since the beginning. Robin my best guy friend in the world. Who understands me and who always takes care of me no matter what.

Dallas, my boss, the band manager also the guitarist of the band I sing for, a friend unlike no other despite his faults. He's a true friend who misses his sister very much and thinks of me much like her.

William who's just an ass.

But I'll say he's somewhat alright for the sake of others.

Keli, an adorable puppy. Enough said.

Alex... Alex Lavaue, my former art teacher, my first love. A pain in my chest, and the only one who makes me feel lighter than the clouds. I love you Alex, I remember everything about you and me. Our good times, bad times, and our moments we shared together. I'll never forget you. I'll take memories of us to my grave.

"Kristen... I'm sorry." Before me, Kristen smiled cynically as she raised a gun to my face.

"Please!" Alex screamed racing towards me as quick as he could "DON'T!"

Click.

"RACHAEL!!!"

I didn't feel a thing. I couldn't see a thing, I couldn't hear anything. I felt the cold floor hit my skin. I heard Alex's far distant cries become fainter and fainter. Did I close my eyes? Did my mouth stay open in shock? I don't know. I felt no pain though. And then soon... I felt nothing at all.