And Then He Kissed Me On MTV

Keli's Roommate, Dear God...

****
And here we go again
With all the things we said
And not a minute spent
To think that we'd regret

-Paramore "Here We Go Again"
****
"You have one message " The answering machine beeped and I heard a voice that sent my head spinning.

"Hey Rachael, I guess your asleep now, man, I missed your move, so how's your new place? Do you have ugly neighbors that freak you out and just makes you want to come see me? Haha probably, I mean there are some "people" out there that are so full of it when they don't have the looks to back it up."

Boy is he getting more conceited as the days go by. This record thing sure is getting over his head. It's more like HE'S full of it.

"Oh! I gotta go, there's a show at Housten and I have to leave, I'll see you when I get back, which should be in around four more days, bye Rachael..."

I held my breath.

"I love you so much..."

Exhaling the message ended. I hit the next button to hear Gina. "Oh hey there! Oh Rachael I'm so happy for you! You've grown up so fast and you're already out on your own! It's just so exciting!"

I hear Jason (my newly born baby brother) giggle in the background. I smiled hearing his soft beautiful voice. He could be a singer one day, just like my dad. "Oh, Jason says hi! Say hi sweety!"

"Oi-i" He blurbed.

"Well that's Jason for you. I'm sorry I called late, well I hope you do well in New York, you can... always come back whenever you want. We won't mind, you're always welcomed back if you need us. Bye Rachael love."

I nearly cried as I heard her go with Jason. Gina was the sweetest and coolest step mom, if she were only my real mom I would've been so much happier in my early years. If only my dad met her first.

If only.

I walked over to the kitchen, still in my nightie green tank top and some boxer shorts. Spongebob was yee-hawing on my pants in cowboy boots and spurs. I grabbed a long green silk robe and pulled it on while pouring my coffee from the mahine in my mug. Late afternoon and it felt so good to sleep in.

"He-y!" Keli's voice echoed from my door. "Let me in will ya?"

Christ.

I set the coffee back on the counter as I strode over to my door. I opened it slightly to see Keli in his big white t-shirt and... woah... spongebob cowboy and spur boxers.

"Hey, hey let me use your bathroom." Keli pleaded as he tried to push open the door but the chain let it go so far. My eyes narrowed in disgust.

"Ew, are you serious?" I asked hoping he'd say no.

He started jumping around as if he was square dancing and shook his head. "Nel won't come out of the bathroo-m! Let me in please! I gotta pee!"

"Down the hall second door to the right." I said pointing towards my living room.

Keli nodded and as soon as I unhooked the chain he busted throug the entry way and ran like the wind towards the bathroom. I heard the door shut with a slam and a relieved "Ah." from the door. Ew. Boys. And he's using my bathroom that even "I" haven't been able to use yet.

He came out moments later walking over to me as I took a sip of my coffee. he grabbed a mug from my cabinet as if he lived here and poured himself a cup. "Thanks Rachael, Nel refused to come out this morning and I almost peed myself."

"Thanks for the information Keli, I'm so glad to hear this in the morning while I drink my coffee."

Keli looked inside my mug and shrugged. "It's not like I'm talking about drinking diarhea or something."

Oh god. "Get out. Get out now."

"But-" He nearly protested but I managed to shove him out of my kitchen.

"You've used the bathroom now go home so I can get ready for work." I sighed pushing him down the hall.

Keli reached over the doorway grabbing his coffee before he swung back to the exit with a curious smile. "Where do you work?"

"I don't know, I'm going to find a job." I said as I opened the door for him.

"Well that's not work then." He sighed.

"It is to me, anything that I have to do and it's unpleasant means it's work." I growled. "Not that you'd know, you just have to sing."

Keli shrugged. "It's my life." He paused at the empty doorway. "Hey do you sing?"

I paused before shutting door. It was at that moment I remembered singing songs for my dad from his old albums. Oh the oldy days. I remember my dad telling me I should become a music artist in the future but I told him I wanted to be a brain surgeon. How naive I was, wish I told him "Yes! I want to be just like you!"

Ah well.

"Not anymore." I sighed, "I haven't sung anything since I was six."

Keli smiled. "Well, all six year olds sing sweetly."

I rose an eyebrow. "Why'd you ask?"

Keli shifted his weight to the door frame taking a sip from his warm coffee. "Well, just the way you said "You just have to sing." made it sound like you were jealous or something."

Jealous. Psh. In his wild and proabably scary dreams. "Just get out." I snapped feeling slightly angry.

Keli shook his head. "But I don't want to, Nel's scary in the morning."

I tried to push him out the door but he held on to the already crusty frames. The cracks on them began to widen as I pushed. He gave it his all trying to hold me back. I growled.

"Get out!" I snapped.

"Aw please! Can't I stay alittle longer?" Keli whined.

"If you don't get out I'm going to-"

"What's going on Keli, you're such a-oh god."

Keli stopped, I froze in shock. I watched as Keli turned his attention to his neighbor. His eyes looking innocent trying to hide the fact that he was being a nuisance. I couldn't look at his neighbor though. I didn't need to. I knew exactly who he was and I wished I this was a nightmare.

"Now Nel, it's not what it looks like." Keli began laughing nervously. "I was just having a little joke."

"Aw for christ sake get back in the apartment." Nel snapped.

Keli sighed. "I'll see you later Ray."

Great. He's got me a nickname.

Keli sighed. He sighed an exaggerated sigh and then slowly retreated back inside. I stood there, My hands gripping at my robe tightly. I felt my cheeks flush, my hands started to sweat and I felt the intense stare of Keli's neighbor and heard his uneven breathing.

I swallowed hard.

"Rachael, you're the new 807 chick?" He asked.

"Long time no see Robin, or do I call you Nel?"