And Then He Kissed Me On MTV

And He's Back

****
I don't know about you, but 750 dollars a gig is like... big money. Just showing up and getting the money is just... crazy. Dallas was now staring at me with his hopeful eyes. Never once faltered as he waited his five long minutes for my answer.

Honestly, I really didn't want to. Singing in front of people was never my thing, but then again, I DO need the money. I don't want to resort to asking my dad for some. That's pretty pathetic. I should be able to take care of myself now that I'm an adult. I shouldn't need my dad.

So, with a large and uneasy sigh I nodded slowly watching Dally's eyes go wide with excitement. "Awesome! Our first gig is near the Rocketts place. You know with the ice skating rink and stuff?"

I've heard of that place. Rockafeller Center. I haven't visited that place since I was ten. Though I highly doubt anything there had changed much. New York has it's traditions and it likes to keep their historical places the same and intact for the sake of the tourists.

I gathered myself together and stood up realizing how late it was. "Alright thanks. I'll have to go now... whens the show?"

"Oh sorry! Um..." He took out his cell phone, no doubt he organizes everything on his Juke. "Tomorrow at seven, is that alright?"

It's not like I have anything else to do. Before this miracle, I planned on prowling all of Manhattan for a job. Now it looks like I've got all the time in the world. That is, for tonight. "Yup, I'm cool with that." I smiled slightly trying to get enthusiastic.

Dallas smiled in return and then handed me a small card from his back pocket. "That's my number. Can I have yours?" He winked and for a second I was about to scowl when he raised his hands up. "Joking... joking."

"Good." I growled pulling out my cell and calling his. "That should do it, I'll see you later tonight."

"Alright, Ray, see ya!" He ran off quickly leaving me to go home.

Ray... Ray... where have I heard that before...

Keli!

Wait... how does Dallas know my nickname???
****
Tired, exhausted. A lot happened between the time I met Dallas to the time I got to the doors of my complex. First off, the trains underground wouldn't work. Something about gang activity. I don't know. But the subway trains were a no chance. I tried to get a cab but that didn't work either. So I walked most of my trek home. Then caught a bus ride home only to be stopped by a bunch of drunk guys who obviously are homeless by the looks of their things gathered around them so again, with the walk.

I didn't know, it must've taken me four hours just to get here. The one good thing that did happen was that the elevator was fixed. I pressed the up button and waited as it came down. Ping... ping.... ping!

When the doors slid open I walked inside, my eyes glued to the floor, so it was no surprise that I rammed my head into someone's chest.

"Ow! Can you watch where your-" I cringed looking up to see who it was and I froze. "Rachael?"

"Alex?"