And Then He Kissed Me On MTV

Hostility

"Alex?! What are you doing here so early?!" Not that I wasn't happy to see him but I thought he'd be gone for his tour for at least another four more weeks!

Alex, who I haven't seen in weeks, smiled like the beautiful angel he was. He pulled me into his arms and wrapped them around me, pulling me into the elevator just before the doors shut closed.

"I missed you so much..." He whispered into my ear. I could feel his hands pull tighter against my body and I relaxed squeezing him back.

"Me too." I managed to say through my aching throat.

"I'm here for the tour at Rockefeller, I thought I'd stop by and see how your doing." Alex said as he gently released me.

"Is that so?" I laughed. What a weird coincidence! "I'm heading there tomorrow myself!"

"Oh so you've already heard about it." Alex grinned. "Cool! We're going to be showing around seven."

My smile dropped. "Seven?"

"Seven." He grinned, "What's wrong? Is that a bad time?"

I felt my mouth go dry. My heart screaming to burst in my chest. I think my face went pale white because the next thing that happened was the shaking. I haven't seen Alex in so long. Ever since the record deal I felt like he's out of my reach. He's so far up there, famous, and... even more. He's changing too and I feel like I'm losing him. If I don't see him at the show, he'd be disappointed and we'd be wrenched farther away, each time we miss each other, we're being torn apart more.

I don't even feel like I know him sometimes.

But on the other hand if I do go, who's to say he won't be conceited and just be too carried away with his fans? I'm sure the girls are crawling over him at shows. Would it really be the best for me if I went?

Decisions... decisions...

"I'll try and make it but there's something I have to do something at seven..." I swallowed hard. I felt the tears rushing to my eyes but I blinked them away.

Alex's eyes went slightly dull. "Oh..."

The elevator got to my floor eventually after one of us hit the button. When the doors slid open I walked out of the elevator waiting for Alex to come out to. Only he didn't.

"Are you coming?" I asked, my voice had a slight hint of hurt in them.

Hesitantly Alex took a step out of the elevator and the doors closed. I felt my breath go shallow as I led him down the hall. Leaning against my door was Keli, who was nearly asleep until he saw me. He jolted straight up, quickly composing himself and when he saw Alex he nearly gagged.

"Woah! Alex! I mean good god!" Keli squealed as he ran over with hungry eyes.

Alex gave a slight smile. "Autograph?" He said in a strange voice.

A voice that says "Ugh... more fans." I was beginning to feel my tears work their way up again. Keli's face fell slightly at Alex's attitude as he took a few steps back. "No... just wanted to say glad to meet you." His voice wasn't all the way dull but you can see how the excitement go "goodbye" as Keli turned to me. "So you find a job?" A quick smile from him and I knew he had something to do with Dallas.

"Thanks to you?" I asked with a smirk.

"Ha ha, I don't know what you're talking about RAY, but I'll see you around since you've got a guest." He then waved goodbye to Alex and left quickly to his door next to mine.

"Who's he?" Alex said, his voice suggested anger as we entered my room.

"Keli, he's in a band called "Emily Lies"," I answered him.

"That's Robin's band." Alex gritted his teeth, he was getting more irritated by the second.

I looked away grabbing a couple of soda's from the fridge. "I know." I nearly whispered.

"So, what's that job you and that Keli guy were talking about?" His voice was passive but I knew he was ready to pounce at the first chance he'd get.

It took me a moment to get it out as I passed him a can. "I'm filling in as a vocalist for a band." I muttered.

"Which one?" He shot back quickly ignoring the drink.

Squeezing the can I withdrew realizing I didn't know. "I don't know."

Alex paused. He stood up slowly and took the can from me and set it on the counter. He took my hand and held it gently, all signs of hostility disappearing and he pulled me into another warm hug.

"I'm sorry." He said.

I held my breath, my tears were just about to break.

"I no I was being an ass." He paused taking a small breath, "But I was just... I don't know what came over me..."

"Okay." I managed to say through broken breaths.

"I missed you, I really did." He added painfully, "I just felt like I was losing you."

"Me too." I muttered feeling my tears slide down my cheeks.

"Tomorrow when you get the time, come and see me at the music fest."

"Okay..." I answered as he let go.

That night, Alex and I watched a movie on my DVD player. "A Walk To Remember". I cried of course, Alex just sat there cuddled up against me. After the movie, he apologized again and then gave me one small kiss before leaving.

The hostility I felt tonight was gone

But whose to say it didn't leave a mark?