An Emotional War

Lenny Meets Jill

I opened R-9 and found a plain bed, an energy-pod, a plain bathroom, and a VT (that’s a vision-tele). It was a bit small, but there was a window with amazing views of space. I put my single photo of my family down and went out to look around. I found a huge public room full of people doing whatever they wanted to do. I guess that the Pessimists weren’t really super-serious war-crazy people after all. Of course, we’re all humans with wants and needs after all. I went to an area of the room where people were dancing. I have to admit, I don’t dance well, so I just sat on one of the many hovering chairs and spun around until I was dizzy.

“Hey there.” Someone tapped me. “Are you new here?”

“Yeah, I’m new. My name’s Lenny, by the way, so ju-“I turned around and saw this insanely hot girl, which made my palms sweat and triggered the nervous smile. The Optimists were never this pretty; they always said “beauty is a matter of opinion, and I know I can be beautiful.” The Pessimists seem to say “meh, I don’t really have the need to care here. Everyone thinks the same ways about themselves.” and many of them are in mismatched colors. (E.g. dark brown with bright pink, the rest are naked. -_-) But no matter. The basic truth was that the Optimists cared too much, and the Pessimists cared too little. And boy, it isn’t “too little too late” here! “Anyway, gorgeous, whuz your name?”

“It’s Jill. Jill Hill. Don’t make fun of how my first and last names rhyme, kay?” Jill said. “And don’t call me gorgeous. I’m nothing compared to… you.” Did I hear that right? Me? I’m nothing compared to her, not the other way around. I guess that’s how love is these days, in the 26th century. Definitely not like the 21st.

“So, are you doing something today?” I asked with a smile.

“No, so why don’t we go to the theatorium?

“To watch a movie? Sure, let’s go.” We left the “do anything you want” room and went to the theatorium. Popcorn is the average movie food, but we don’t eat any more these days, so Jill and I stepped into two energy-pods which calculated our chemical requirements and distributed accordingly. We went to Cinema 6, which was playing The Final Fidelity, some kind of Pessimistic drama. I didn’t get much of the film, because it seemed you had to be raised as a Pessimist. But after that, Jill told me she wanted something more fun, so we went to her room, V-13. It was H-U-G-E!

“How did you get this kick-ass room, Jill? It isn’t even a room – it’s a mansion!” There were a ton of rooms which were all connected in a web of extravagance.

“Let’s just say, I did my part for the Pessimists.” Jill said with a half-bored tone. “Now let’s do something fun, like-“

“Wait, what do you mean, did your part for the Pessimists? Explain, please.” I felt bad for stopping Jill, but I needed to get this info.

“Okay, but we will do something non-boring after this, kay? Now, what I did was invent the Antbot. It has the same appearance as a human but has 20 times human strength and a 40 times stronger body. It’s called the antbot because it is easy to manufacture and acts mindlessly.”

“Thanks, now we can do that ‘fun’ thing you were talking about.” I finally learned the secret of how the Pessimists never ran out of troops to defend their bases on Old Earth.

(Jill’s P.O.V.)

This cute guy gets boring sometimes, but at least we can finally do… oh, what to do. I didn’t really have anything in mind, I just thought that saying so would allow us to spend more time together. There was the maze room, the fake mall room, the boys’ room, the space room… Maybe that was it!

“Okay, let’s go!” I grabbed Lenny’s hand and ran us to the space room. Lenny and I sat on the hovering couch and held hands. “Isn’t this place beautiful? You can see the moon, the stars, the other planets…”

“But most importantly, I can see you.” Lenny was so romantic that moment. I kissed his cheek.

(Lenny’s P.O.V.)

I embarked on a mystical journey. As soon as Jill kissed me, we looked at each other for 3 seconds without saying anything. Then, I wrapped my arm around her and felt her soft skin in that beautiful astronomical view as we made out. It felt so… perfect. I drew back.

“I don’t believe this, Jill. I’ve never someone so into me. And this is only the first day.” But
seeing all that dark made me sleepy. “Um, can I bunk at your place? I’m sleepy now.”

“Alright… let’s go to the master bedroom.” Jill grabbed my hand and pulled me to her amazing bedroom. “You’re sleeping with me, right?”

“Who could resist?” I pulled the covers over me, only to find Jill right next to me.

“Lights on or off?”

“Let’s make this exciting… how about dim?”

“Kay then, shall we…

1 half-undressing later…

go to sleep?”
“Okay. Good night.”

And so ended my peaceful night in the stars. What, you thought something else was going to happen? Well, maybe next time. It definitely will be more… action packed. So keep reading. Good night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the corny ending, everyone. But keep reading! Please?
Anyway comment, and *NEW* tell me if you're an Optimist or a Pessimist!