I'm a Mute, Not a Freak

Bulletproof Love

I sat at the grave tracing my finger tips on Danny’s name over the tombstone. With a sigh I looked around the cemetery to see if anyone was there to listen to what I was about to say to Danny.

“I know that you’ll always be there for me but I want you to let go. With everything that helped toward the situations that you went through made me feel more open and happy toward my life. I no longer need you to guide me through my troublesome ways and suicidal thoughts. I know that starting the ‘Prevent Bullying’ club was the right thing to do. It brought back memories that I wish I could take back to that horrid night. But I know I can’t. I know you wish the best for me as I do to you. I thank you for being by my side throughout everything. Through my ups and downs, through the boys I knew were wrong for me. But you no longer need to worry, for I know what to do.” I sighed and wiped away a tear. “Danny, I love you so much. At last we found out who drove you to die. But at least I know your in a better place.” I smiled and placed three red roses on his grave.

Through all I went through, I ended up feeling complete. I made something of myself. When I look back, I was mute, raped, hurt, loved and unloved, lost a brother, putting the one I used to love in jail. And for all of that, I had never felt so strong in my life. And to think it was just a couple months ago.

So here I am, 17 and its summer. Running a club that has surfaced to about four other schools; I have over 110 kids, teens and adults that help me prevent bullying. Making friends everywhere I turn. I’ve changed into someone different from who I was just a year ago. I have a steady boyfriend named Mason Cook. My parent’s come to my club to help out with the kids. My life couldn’t be any better actually.

I retraced the letters of Daniel DeLamore. I looked at the sticky note that I posted on my 16th birthday. I smiled remembering that night when Lilly threw me a party and where the trouble had started. I blocked that out of my mind.

“Come on Fate! It’s time to go!” I saw Lilly and Peter in the car. And I saw Mason walking over to me. I smiled.

“Hold on!” I laughed.

“I’ll be back soon Danny. I love you. Bye.” I got up and walked to Mason. He lightly kissed my lips and put his arm around my waist as we walked to the car.

“So how’s Danny today?” Mason asked.

“I think he’s feeling more at ease and I think he thinks that he can finally let his little sister live without worry.” He kissed me again.

“That’s great.” He smiled to me.

“Everyone ready?” Lilly turned to me and Mason in the back seat.

“Yes!” Mason and I smiled. Good bye Danny, I love you forever; hello to summer in Paris.

♠ ♠ ♠
Bulletproof Love by Pierce the Veil
Comment and subs(;
This is the end. If you want me to continue just say the word.
Love you!
-$ykes.