‹ Prequel: Accidents Happen

Tragic Romance

I'm Scared.

"Oh come on boys," I rolled my eyes almost annoyed with the four, pouting men in my living room. After lunch we had popped in a movie and placed our selves around the couch, bodies scattered every where.
"No," Zack flatlined, ignoring me once again.
"Fine then, act like a baby!" I growled, returning my attention back to the screen. "Zacky go to bed," I murmured, pointing to the stairs.
"Mom!" He whined, whipping around to face me, "That's not fair! You can't send me to bed because they're acting like kids!"
I ignored the guy's outraged 'heys'' and I leaned down and pick Zacky up from the floor, groaning when I realized just how big he has gotten, "Yes I can, it's bed time anyways,"
I put him down at the bottom of the stairs and pushed him up them, rolling my eyes at his annoyed face and crossed arms. When we reached his room he just stood there looking at me with a face that said, 'what are you going to do about it?' So I sighed and literally tossed him into bed, turning around flipping the lights off and closing his door.
"Mom!" He yelled from the other side, "Come on!"
"Good night, Zacky!" I called back, knocking on the door a few times. "Go to sleep!"
"I'll get him to bed," I didn't need to turn around to know his quiet voice.
I sighed, "Alright, fine,"
"Hey," He called to me as I tried to walk away, he grabbed my arm, "What's your problem?"
I turned to him, "What do you want, Zack?" He just stared right back and me and took my hand, he led me to my own bed room and once again pulled me to the bed. He spread out over my purple sheets and looked up to me, tugging on the tips on his out grown hair.
"I can't stay forever," He murmured, rubbing his hand over his face a looking away from me, picking a thread on one of my pillows.
"I know that," I replied, crossing my legs.
He moved his head to look back at me, "I really don't want to leave him,"
"Well he can't miss anymore school,"
He groaned quietly, "Don't make this hard, Maxx. I can't take that so I'll just cut right to the chase; I want you and Little Zacky to move back to California," Before he even had that sentence finished I was shaking my head, "uh uhh. No way,"
"Why the hell not? It's so much harder for him having to travel the country every time he wants to be with one of us!"
I bit my tongue, hard, trying to keep my thoughts at bay, "Then why don't you move out here?"
"You know I can't! I have a life in Huntington, the Guys live out there, and Gena! I've already been away for days,"
"Zack I can't leave for the same reasons, I have a life here. I have Carter and I have to look out for Anna, now. I can't just pack up in leave..." I closed my eyes and laid down next to him, he took my hand in his and drew circles on the back of it.
"Why does everything have to be so... so complicated?" He questioned, shuffling just a little bit.
"Because it's life. And it's a game and I always lose at games,"
He laughed with out humor, "I know. But I usually win,"
"I'm bad luck," I mumbled, rolling over on my stomach and resting my head on his chest.
he nuzzled his face in my hair, "No you're not, baby,"
I held my breath as the memories returned from the months that we were together...

"Stop that!" I shouted, laughter over coming me, "Stop it Zacky!" I screeched as he continued to spray me with the sink hose thing.
He laughed as well and I ran right into the mist, trying to grab it from him. And when I finally did I turned it on him, "Stop it, baby!" my breath caught as I let go of the hose. I put it down and he wrapped his arms around my waist. "Now I'm soaked, Maxx."
"So am I,"
He smiled down at me and I leaned my head against his chest, his tattoos coming through his soaked white wife beater, I traced patterns on the see through material.
"I hope we didn't wake Zacky up," I murmured quietly.
He laughed and clasped his hands behind my back, "We didn't. That boy is like his daddy, he sleeps like a rock,"
I looked up to him and pulled off his hat, I ran my fingers through his tousled black hair as we stood there, dripping, leaning against the sink in the kitchen our little boy asleep upstairs. I ran my fingers from his hair over his head and down to his lips, I traced each one and ran my thumb over the piercings. I stood up on my tippy toes and placed my lips to his and for a moment he didn't kiss back, he was too shocked. But then he turned us around and pushed us into the counter, he put both his hands on the edge and pushed his lips to mine, urgently. Our wet clothes stuck together and I could feel his heart beat in tune with mine, I ran my fingers from his waist and pushed my palm against where his heart was.
"I love you, baby," He whispered against my forehead as he pressed his lips to the same spot. I wrapped my own arms around his waist again and pulled him to me.
"I love you too,"


"Zack?" I whispered...
He looked to me, his green eyes sparkling in the dim light, "Yeah?"
"I'm scared,"
He turned over so he was almost laying on half of me, "Why?"
I fumbled with the hood of his sweatshirt, averting my gaze to the ceiling.
"Of what?" He repeated himself.
"Of..." I stuttered, "I just am,"
He kissed my forehead and bats erupted in my stomach. I bit my lip hoping he couldn't hear my mind screaming at me, That! That! That!
"I am too," He said and pulled me too him, "I am too,"
♠ ♠ ♠
Really short... but it's basically just a filler chapter before the signing.
I just wanted to prolong it a little... sue me!
No.. please don't.