‹ Prequel: Accidents Happen

Tragic Romance

'I Know'

"What are you doing here, Zack?" I asked him as he leaned against the window with his arms. When I opened the door he jumped back so I wouldn't hit him and smirked.
"I came for a visit," He murmured, "Wanted to see Zacky," He shrugged following after me as I made my way into the building.
"Then why are you here now? Zacky's at school. It's early," I questioned, raising my eyebrows at him as we climbed the stairs. "Are the guys in town, too?"
He shook his head, no, "It's just me. The guys are working on something back in Huntington," He murmured, nonchalantly.
I unlocked the door and rolled my eyes, "Mhm, and why aren't you working on anything?"
He shrugged again and went to sit on the couch. He propped his feet up and flipped the t.v on.
"Zack," I groaned, "What are you doing here?"
He ignored me and kept flipping through the channels on my t.v with a not so subtle smirk on his face. I stood behind the couch and just stared at him, trying to figure out why he would just show up unannounced and tell everyone but me. "So you flew all the way across the country, again, just to sit on my couch and watch t.v?" I asked, smartly, pushing his feet off of my couch and sitting there. He grunted and rolled his eyes, "You have different channels here,"
"Zack!" I shouted, exasperated.
"What?" He asked innocently, holding his hands out in front of him, looking at me. His face was calm and had a faux confused look on his face but his jade colored eyes shinned with mischief.
"Tell me what you're up too," I demanded more quietly.
He sighed once again and hopped up, "I'm hungry, chinese again?" He pulled his cell phone from his back pocket and I just nodded giving up, temporarily.
Fifteen minutes later Zack and I sat sprawled out on the couch, my feet in his lap, his paper plate on my legs. My plate was in my lap as we laughed at the movie, Clerks 2, on the screen.
"Every time," I giggled, "Every time I see that donkey, I can't help but laugh!"
He nodded and took another bite of his Sesame Chicken, "Yeah same here," He mumbled with food in his mouth. "This is a great movie,"
"Yeah," I agreed, "I never get to watch it with Little Zacky around," Zack looked at me and tilted his head to the side, a gorgeous grin on his face, "I guess it's not very child friendly, is it?"
I shook my head and took another bite, I put my plate on the floor next to the couch. "Thanks for the food, it was good,"
"No problem, there's some in the fridge for Zacky,"
I smiled at him and picked my feet up a little so he would know to pick up his plate, when he did I pulled my legs off of him and folded them underneath me. I turned my attention back to the black t.v when Zack did. But after a few moments and many crude jokes my eyes scanned over Zack, questions forming in my mind. His jaw had morning stubble and his lip rings glistened in the sun from the window by the stairs. His shirt was wrinkly, but the 'Metallica' logo was evident on it. He was wearing a pair of black jeans and a grey zip up, sweatshirt. Covering his glossy, silk-like black hair was a black and grey trucker hat. When I looked to his face, he was looking at me from the corner of his eyes, a smirk playing on his lips.
"See something you like?" He asked, turning his head to face me. I just shrugged at looked back at Russell on the t.v. I laughed at the tape on the back of his shirt and rolled my eyes at the movie that I had seen many times before. I could feel Zacky's mesmerizing eyes on me and I smirked, lightly. I shivered when he ran his tongue over both his piercings. I tried to keep my eyes on the t.v but I knew that his eyes were traveling all over me and I regretted stripping out of my sweatshirt.
I felt Zacky's hand rest on my thigh and I bite my lip as he rubbed small circles.
"No, Zack," I pushed his hand off of me. He crawled on top of me and I just ignored him watching the movie.
"Maxx," He sang my name quietly into my ear, "You know I mean something to you,"
"You're Zacky's Dad and I'll always love you," I said, still watching the t.v.
I felt him shake his head gently against my cheek, "No, you don't love me like you love the guys,"
"Yes I do," I mumbled chuckling as they began dancing on the roof in the movie.
He sighed breathlessly against my neck, "No, you're in love with me,"
"I was," I cut him off.
"Still,"
I sighed and spread my legs out underneath him, "Do you love me Zacky?"
He nodded against me, "I never stopped, baby,"
"Well you better,"
He groaned, quietly, "What to know why I'm here?"
"Yeah," I told him, putting my hand on his cheek and running my thumb over one of his snakebites, "I do,"
"I came to make you realize that you're in denial. That guy isn't the right guy for you!" He shouted, quietly, pulling back and away from me.
"Carter is better for me then you are, Zacky! I love him!" I stood up and grabbed our plates from the ground, heading to the kitchen. Zacky followed after me, angrily.
"No you don't!" He growled as I threw our plates in the trash, ignoring him.
When I went to storm past him he grabbed my wrist and pulled me to him. "Don't pretend like I'm not here,"
I rolled my eyes and smiled at him sarcastically, "You're not supposed to be here,"
"Oh grow up, Maxxus!" He shouted as I ripped my hand from his grip.
"Oh grow up, Zachary!" I mimicked, rushing up the stairs, "I've got work to do,"
"Well it can wait!" He yelled from the kitchen walking calmly towards me.
I groaned and slammed my bedroom door. I then threw myself down onto my bed and opened my laptop, bringing up the reviews that I finished late last night.
"Maxx!" Zacky called, "Let me in!"
"Go away!"
"Stop being childish!" He told me while banging on the door.
I rolled my eyes and snickered, "Try the door, dumb ass!"
I heard the Zacky grab the door knob and the door flew open, I smirked and tilted my head, challenging him.
"Move the computer, Maxx,"
I rolled my eyes and went back to typing in Jason's email address.
Before I could type in the '. com' my laptop was folded up and set on the floor at the end of my bed. I scoffed at Zacky when he grinned a cocky smile.
The next thing I knew Zacky had tackled me to the bed, his hands holding mine against the bed.
"Now, are you done acting like a kid?"
"Are you done trying to prove to me that your better?"
"No," We both said at the same time. We laughed and I shoved Zacky off of me, he rolled over and laid next to me, folding his arms behind his head.
"I am better, you know," He murmured, looking at me. There was no sign of cockiness or secrets in his eyes and I knew I saw the truth swimming in those green orbs.
"I know," I murmured, crawling to the end of my bed and grabbing the t.v remote. Zacky crawled down after me and wrapped his arm around my waist. I rested my head on his shoulder as pretended to watch some court show. When really, we were both thinking about what I just admitted.
♠ ♠ ♠
:DD
Word Count: 1,311