‹ Prequel: Accidents Happen

Tragic Romance

Kids.

I stood at the top of the stairs the next morning and watched the three of them scurry down and sit at the kitchen table. They all had unpleasant looks on their faces and James was grumbling about rockstars and the fact that they are allowed to sleep.
"Come on boys," I murmured, pulling both of them out of their chairs and handing them their backpacks which held the nights unfinished work.
Instead of following us like I had thought Jacoby rested her head against the table and waved, 'goodbye,'.
"'Coby," I warned drawing out her name and she shook her head against the table.
"Remember our deal? You can sleep at school, lets go," I laughed at the end of that sentence and she groaned and jumped up. I tossed her bag to her from where it laid by the front door and she grunted as she caught it.
"Zack did you tell your Dad goodbye for the day?" I questioned my tired son and he nodded, "Yeah, then he went back to bed," He said sourly, rolling his identical eyes at the thought.
"Good, lets go to school!" I cheered, pointing enthusiastically and ripping the door open. The kids cheered sarcastically and waddled down the stairs. They crawled into the car and buckled up. The ride was almost silent, except for the bickering going on between the siblings.
"Shut up, Jacoby you don't know anything!"
"Quiet, brat. I'm a lot smarter then you are!"
"No!"
"Yes!"
I pulled my Ipod out of the center console and plugged it into the car speakers. I scrolled down to 'b' and found the band I was looking for.

"I've got a secret.
It's on the tip of my tongue.
It's on the back of my lungs.
And I'm gonna keep it.
I know something you don't know."


Bring Me The Horizon blasted from my car speakers and I turned it up to drown out the bickering. All three of them, Zacky, James and Jacoby covered their eyes for a minute before Jacoby started screaming along with the accented voice of Oliver Sykes, me doing the same.

"This disease is getting worse.
I counted my blessings, now I'll count this curse
The only thing I really know... I can't sleep at night.
I'm buried and breathing in regret, yeaahhhhh
The only thing I really know... I can't sleep at night.
I'm buried and breathing in regret."


When that song ended Jacoby grabbed ahold on my Itouch and skimmed it and soon enough another song was blaring from my car. It was loud enough that I'm sure the other cars at the four-way wouldn't be able to hear once we drove away.

"Start gettin loud i wanna party now, if you hate on Undead thats a party foul.
I only drink mickey's i cant afford the cans.
I drink so much they call me Charlie 40 hands.
if the keg is tapped, then your gettin capped,
take your girl to the sack and i'll take a nap.
Ladies drink em fast so i could have a blast.
you got your beer gog's on and i'm gettin ass.
like oh my god is that Charlie Scene?
Ladies show me your treats like its Holloween.
You got a fake I.D. and you're 17.
Im a complete catastrophy buzzing around you like a bumble bee.
So lets take some shots, do a beer run and flip off a cop.
Girls give me props and there on my jock.
Paris Hilton said thats hot when she saw my cock!
Thats hot!"


At the end of Hollywood Undead's 'No. 5' 'Coby and I both burst in laughter. I pulled up outside of The Bronx high school, one of many high schools in New York City.
"Well now that you're awake," I giggled and pointed to the huge building in front of us. Jacoby leaned over and gave me a huge hug, which I returned and she crawled over the seat to kiss her little brother's forehead. "See you later, James, Zacky,"
"Bye Coby!" Jacoby rushed out of the car and ran towards the building. Along the way a group of teenage boys yelled something to her which she sneered at and flipped them off. I smiled slightly at her attitude and independence.
"You two ready for school?" I asked the two rowdy boys in the back and they both shouted 'no' and crossed their arms. "Too bad," I shrugged out pulled out of the student drop off area. The boys' school was about a three minute drive and I parked in front of the much smaller building and the three of us clambered out of my car.
I followed to boys to their room and took them to their seats. Ms. Gretzy looked almost shocked when she saw me bring in James and then she sent and an uneasy smile my way which I nodded back to her.
"Hey," I greeted and walked over to her, 'I'll be picking up both Zacky and James from school from now on,"
"Oh," She murmured and looked at the hyper little boy, "Why is that? You didn't... adopt him did you?"
I looked back at my son and he was sitting at the same table as his new friend, they had their Power Ranger action figures out and were playing with them.
"No I did, but it's hard for his foster mom, Lana, pick him up so his sister has been skipping her last class to come get him. I thought I would help," I shrugged at the end and turned back to her. Ms. Gretzy nodded, politely and I walked back over to my son.
"Bye Baby," I kissed his forehead and ruffled James' hair, he growled at me playfully and then grinned, "Daddy will be here to pick you up later,"
"Bye Mom!" Zacky shouted as I left the room and I faintly heard James echo him with, "Bye Maxx!" as I walked down the hallway and around all the rushing children.
On my way out I peaked in Anna's class and she was sitting at a table with a few other girls. I smiled and waved to her teacher before leaving the doorway, unnoticed by the second grader playing with her dolls in the colorful room.
I drove back to the house in a slight daze, my mouth singing with the lyrics coming from my car and my mind on the beautiful, taken, man in my bed.
But for some reason that last part didn't bother me as much as it should've and I sighed happily when I pulled into the parking lot.
I ran upstairs and grabbed my laptop from Jacoby's room. I wanted to email everything in before Jason sent Carter over to collect what I hadn't done. I sat on the plush couch with ice cream as I finished up everything that I had done in the last week and a half.
It was around 9:30 when I got done sending every attachment in every email. I put the empty bowl in the sink and left my computer on the coffee table. I wandered up the stairs and into my room. I opened the door and rested against the door jam, my arms crossed over my chest and I watched the peaceful man sleeping in front of me.
I climbed into bed next to him and laid my head on his chest.
Instinctively his arms wrapped around my waist and he murmured 'Maxx' in his sleep. I smiled, softly and closed my eyes.

I awoke to Zacky's lips on mine and I grinned into the kiss. "Morning Beautiful," Zacky smiled at me and I stretched, laying across him. "Morning, babes,"
Zacky chuckled and got out of bed. I watched the muscles in his back flex as he leaned down to grab pajama pants from the floor and pull them on over his silky boxers.
"So..." Zacky murmured, turning to grin at me, "What do you want to do today?"
"I have an idea,"
♠ ♠ ♠
Bring Me The Horizon
Hollywood Undead

Word Count: 1,312

Major filler... but it's going somewhere.