‹ Prequel: Accidents Happen

Tragic Romance

Restaurant Messes.

We all decided that we should go out for dinner instead of Michelle cooking for us all. So we piled into multiple cars and made our way to the closest restaurant. When we got there the guys dragged a bunch of tables together and we sat down, quietly for once. But that only lasted so long. Jacoby and her brother ended up sitting across from each other, arguing. And when our water came, they turned to throwing ice at each other. The guys sat by and watched with grins as I tried to get the two to behave but that didn't work out either.
The table was one giant rectangle and everyone had someone right next to them. James and Zacky sat on the other side, across my Zack, Jacoby and I. Jacoby was next to Matt who was next to Val and Brian sat across from his next to 'Chelle. Johnny and Lacy sat across from each other at out end, next to Zack and Zacky.
Jacoby chucked a piece of melting ice at her brother but instead it hit Little Zacky in the shoulder. Matt burst out in laughter and the boy scoffed and threw a piece at his uncle.
Everyone laughed this time, everyone but me. And Matt threw a piece back at Zacky but yet it hit Johnny when the little boy ducked.
Over all it ended in an ice fight in the restaurant before we even got our food or ordered. The girls sat there and watched and I folded my arms as Zack tossed ice at his son.
"Have fun Momma!" Zacky shouted and I felt something cold and wet hit my forehead.
My jaw dropped as Zack dropped ice down my blue shirt.
"Oh no you didn't," I screeched and turned to the smirking rockstar.
He just nodded and I was met with a what-are-you-going-to-do-about-it look. This time it was me who was smirking. I stuck my hand into my ice water and pulled out a few chunks of ice as Zack scrambled for some still flying around the table. I let out a screech and ice came flying at me from every direction. "Stop it!"
"Never!" Multiple people yelled back in response and I knew that at that moment if everyone hadn't been looking at our table yet, they would be now. I shoved my hand full down Zack's hoodie and giggled as he shifted around to get it out.
"Maxx!" He growled and tackled me into the booth. I laughed as Zacky went to lung over the table but Brian grabbed ahold of him and held him down. Zack's fingers went to my sides and attacked. I let out a roar of laughter as he began tickling me, the ice still flying around the table above us.
"Excuse me!" A panicked voice shouted and everyone froze. There was a short man standing at the edge of our table. His hair was mousy and tousled haphazardly around his head. His tie was loose and the sleeves of his white button up were rolled up to his elbows. "You guys have to leave," He stuttered, eyeing the guys nervously as they shifted in their seats.
I chuckled at his frightened face as Matt stood up and the guys followed suit, Brian and Zack picking up a boy from their spots.
"Sure," Matt said hiding his smile, "No problem," The man visibly relaxed and smiled awkwardly at the four men as they each took one of the girls' hands. We walked out of that restaurant with grins on our faces and silent laugher shaking with in us.
"Taco Bell drive thru?" Johnny questioned as we walked to our cars.
"Yeah," Zacky murmured, "I'm in the mood for a 5 layer burrito,"
"Taco Bell it is," Matt said, unlacing his fingers from Val's and unlocking his car; Zack and Johnny doing the same.
"Up, up, and away," Brian joked placing James down so he could climb into the car with Zacky.
All three cars raced away from the disaster we left in that restaurant and to the cheep menu, but better, Taco Bell. All of us ordered a lot and fast food wrappers littered Zack's car as the boys and Jacoby munched away in the backseat, tossing their wrappers at Zack as he drove.
"I'll swerve off the road!" He warned and they giggled, Zacky tossing the last of the wrappers at his father. Zack intentionally swerved slightly and Matt honked loudly from behind us on Pacific Coast Highway. Zack stuck his middle finger out the window and Matt did the same.
I burst out with laughter, happiness overwhelming me as the kids shouted and giggled. Zack swerved again just to piss off Matt and I saw Johnny peak back at us through his side mirror. Zack flipped him the bird as well. Johnny followed suit.
From then on it was a race back to Brian's and Matt cut us off as we came around the corner onto Brian's street.
"Hey asshole! I've got kids in the back!" Zack shouted out the window as Matt and Brian flew past, getting quite a few glares from other cars.
"Go Daddy! Go!" Zacky shouted as we caught up with Johnny and Lacy.
"I'm trying, Kid," Zack said as he changed lanes so we were right next to Johnny. Zacky stepped on the gas and we flew past them. Less then two minutes later red and blue lights were seen in the rearview mirror and a siren was turned on. Zack growled and pulled over on the side of the road, the cop pulling behind us. Johnny grinned, cocky as he drove past, going to the right speed limit.
"License and registration, please," I male cop muttered as he stood outside Zack's window. Zacky grabbed the things from the glove department, handing them to the police officer.
"So Mr. Baker... why were you going so fast in a 65 zone?"
Zack's eyes widened when he realized he didn't have an excuse. "I uh, I... no reason," He stuttered and the police officer peaking into the back of the car.
"Zachary is it? You do realize at that speed you could've flipped your car and gotten all your children killed in an accident. Reckless driving kills so many people each year and it's idiots like you that cause innocent people to die," He growled and Zack's jaw clenched.
"Hey! Don't call my Dad names, you jerk!" Zacky screamed from the backseat and I turned around to calm him down.
"Zachary be quiet," I warned and he glared at me, folding his little arms over his chest.
"So you named your son after you? How cute," I officer murmured, "Be more careful next time, It would be a tragedy if someone ended up hurt. That kind of pain never goes away, Mr. Baker,"
"I know!" Zacky growled, "Just give me the ticket and I'll be on my way,"
The cop just nodded and opened the little black ticket book and grabbed a pen.
"Here you go, Mr. Vengeance," The cop murmured and handed a shocked Zack his speeding ticket before walking off. Zack started the car and smiled at me, uneasily, driving off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Very. Very. Short.
But fun.