Road To Acceptance

Sleep

"You tired?" Billie asked as Kali sat on his bed. She shrugged.

"Yeah... But I don't feel it... Sort of beyond tired..." Billie nodded. Kali picked up one of Billie's acoustic guitars and started playing random chords.

"What are you playing?" he asked as he sat beside her. She shook her head.

"I don't know..." He started kissing her neck, then moved up her jawline. She smiled.

"You're really making this difficult," she murmured. He grinned and kissed her neck again.

She surrendered and set the guitar down. She turned around and kissed him. Instead of fighting for dominance, she let him take it. He gently pushed her on the bed, not breaking the kiss. His tongue explored her mouth. She slid her hands under his shirt and up his chest.

He ran his fingers through her hair. She moaned softly.

The kiss broke momentarily as Kali pulled Billie's shirt off. Their lips immediately crashed back together. She rolled over and straddled him. He took off her shirt and let his hands explore her body.

The phone rang as Billie's hands reached the waistline of her jeans. Kali frowned and backed away.

"Ignore it," Billie whispered as he pulled her back to him. She smiled when the phone stopped ringing. Billie rolled over so he was on top of her again. He kissed her collar bone and left a trail of kisses down her torso. She pulled him back up to her and pushed their lips together. She started to undo his belt buckle.

They froze as they heard footsteps approaching the door. Billie jumped off Kali, and she frantically pulled her shirt on.

Billie's mom burst in the room.

"That was Ms. Belinne. Now tell me, Billie Joe, why would Kali's mother be calling me at 12:30 AM?" Billie opened his mouth to speak.

"She wants to know where Kali is," Ollie yelled. "And why she hasn't been home all day. And why her boyfriend woke her up to tell her Kali's off at some boy's house, doing God knows what!"

"Mom, I-"

"No. Now why would she call my son a 'condescending, sneaky bastard? ' Can you tell me that, Billie Joe Armstrong?"

"What? Why... I have no fucking clue..." Billie said.

"Language, Billie Joe." Ollie sighed.

"It's my fault, Ollie," Kali said. "I told her boyfriend where I was. Billie hasn't done anything." Ollie sighed again.

"Okay... Now you two- Billie why is your shirt off?"

"Um, I was... Um..." Billie started.

"He was just showing me where he wants to get his next tattoo," Kali offered. Ollie laughed.

"Okay kids... Good night..."

"'Night, Mom."

"'Night, Ollie." Ollie left and closed the door behind her. They waited until they heard her bedroom door close to speak.

"Close one there... Nice save with the tattoo thing," Billie said.

"Thanks..." He flopped back onto the bed. She crawled over and rested her head on his chest.

"You okay?" he whispered.

"Yeah... I just want this day to be over..."

"Do you want to go to sleep?" She nodded and traced circles on his chest. He wrapped his arms around her.

"Tell me a story about your dad..." Billie requested.

"I don't really want to talk about him..."

"Okay." He kissed her head.

"I'm sorry..."

"No, it's okay. I understand."

"Yeah... You really do..." She shifted a little.

"But I think your dad's death was more devastating than mine. You were close."

"So were you and your dad."

"Yeah, but I was five."

"Still... He was everything to you."

"Andy was everything to you..."

"No... Not everything. You've always been." She smiled and looked at him.

"Seriously. You have always been there for me," he said. She grinned.

"I love you, Kali." He ran his fingers through her hair.

"I love you too." He kissed her briefly.

"Say it again?" Billie asked.

"What?"

"Tell me you love me?"

"I love you."

"Say it again..."

"I love you."

"Again?"

"Billie, I love you."

"Again?"

"Billie..."

"Please? Just one more time."

"I love you." He smiled.

"Okay. I'm good."

"Now your turn," Kali said.

"I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you so fucking much. I love you." He kissed her. "I love you."

"How much?"

"This much." He spread his arms wide over the bed.

"That's not very much..."

"What? That times a bajillion."

"That's better." He grabbed a blanket and pulled it over them, then put his arms back around her. She lay her head on his chest.

"'Night, Billie."

"'Night..." He kissed her head, and they fell asleep.