Reduced To Tears.

Nightmares, Nightmares

“Caris ,you are so... You.” Charity Copeland sighed, smiling over at her blonde friend, who was grinning stupidly.
“Well, my friend, that is too true. Nobody can be this happy. Not all the time, anyway.” Caris Turner-Tyrin giggled, her pale blue eyes sparkling softly in her glee.
Caris let her long, dirty blonde hair free of its ponytail, and spun around letting her hair fly freely, dancing around her face. Alicia Atterly gazed at her classmate, smiling softly in awe. Caris’s smile was quite contagious, her grin even more so. Charity let her head fall to the side, secretly wondering how she, out of all people, Caris had picked her.
‘Me. Charity. Little Miss Bookworm, quiet and shy.’ Charity was a medium sized girl, with a slight tan,
long dark brown hair and brown eyes, framed with glasses. Caris was tall and statuesque, with a slim, athletic body, earnt from years of dancing. She had a perfect straight nose, dotted with freckles, and the occasional zit, long waist-length dirty blonde hair, and bright pale blue eyes that could see the best in all people.
Caris looked over at Alicia, and tipped her head, smiling. Her hair fell to one side, her fringe falling over her eyes, contrasting with her pale skin. Then with a bigger smile, she turned away. As Caris turned, she managed to end up colliding with Hayden Prince, almost knocking him over. He grabbed her wrists to stop her from slipping onto the ground, pulling her back to her feet Her eyes met large chocolate brown eyes, and she blinked away, turning pink.
“Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry!” Caris cringed, giggling nervously, and in reply, Hayden shook his head, laughing.
“Caris. Don’t worry about it.” He flashed her one more grin, and turned back around to continue talking to his friends. Caris gazed after him, a dazed smile perched on her lips. Caris had liked Hayden since second term.
The moment was ruined by Madison Portland, who went crashing into Caris’s side.
“HI CARIS! Oh my goshness ,did you hear? Hayden is going out with Daisy Deelin! They are SOOO cute!” With that, Madison skipped away to deliver the news to someone else. Little did Madison know, she had not only just ruined Caris’s day, but she had ripped her heart into two. The day had gone from amazing to terrible within moments.
The music teacher came, and the students were told to walk into class and grab their instruments. Caris pulled her long hair back up into a ponytail and picked up her violin. She mounted the bow and began to play. Everything around her lost meaning, and melted away, as she became more and more engrossed in her music. She finished with one last piercing note, and re-opened her eyes, to see the class smiling and clapping for her.
“Brava Ms Turner-Tyrin! Brava!” Mrs Myrow exclaimed, grinning harder than anyone ele, in complete appreciation of what Caris had just produced. Caris smiled weakly in response, hoping nobody would notice the lack of interest. She just wanted the rest of the day to disappear.