Reduced To Tears.

Never.

As the teacher droned on about 'Bonjour' and 'Comment Allez-Vous',with Andrew and Charity next to her, Caris was swimming in a pool of thoughts. ’How could he do this to me?’ One part of her head thought. 'He didn't know...' Another part thought. The tiny cracks in her heart were growing. Not healing.
By the time the class had finished Caris was in a world of her own and blaming herself for Hayden not loving her, as much as she loved him. Her sadness had spiralled into a deep dark dperession by the time school had ended. She was taking nothing in and not even Andrew could pull her out. Andrew followed Caris home, in hope he would finally break through her strong shield. He wished he had a bulldozer to knock down her protective wall, but instead of a bulldozer, he had a meer spade. When Caris reached her doorstep, she turned swiftly towards Andrew and asked
"What? What are you doing? Why do you INSIST on following me? It hurts to know that the person I love wont touch me with a ten foot pole, yet the people that love me, must smother me!" Caris looked dangerous, but there was a sadness beyond the light blue eyes, which were clouded over with fake anger. She searched through her bag for her front door keys and abruptly dismissed Andrew, she walked into her house and slammed the door in Andrew's face as he rushed to the door. Andrew closed his eyes and thought for a moment, his eyes flying open as he realised he knew where she hid her spare keys. He quickly searched the top of the door frame and as his fingers brushed over a cold metal surface, he grabbed the keys and let himself into the large house. Caris had stormed up to the bathroom, to pick herself apart in the mirror, mentally draining herself. She scanned the bathroom, and saw, next to the mirror, a small metal container, she knew her father kept spare razor blades. A sick thought popped into Caris's mind, and she fingered the cold shiny metal, as she pulled the lid off. Wondering if it would hurt as much as her heart did, she picked a blade up, with her newly painted black fingernails, and held it hesitated above her wrist.
Meanwhile, Andrew had been searching the house for his friend. When he got to the top of the stairs, he noticed the bathroom light on, the only light that had been turned on in the house. Andrew quietly unlocked the bathroom door, and his stomach churned to see what his best friend of 9 years was doing. Caris spun around, the blade dropping to the floor with a loud clatter. The tears unleashed themselves as Caris looked up into the eyes of the person she had known and trusted for so long. She was mentally blank and thought she was staring into the eyes of her love, as she grabbed the collar of his shirt, and pulled him towards her, locking him in a kiss, that spun Andrew into shock. Caris's mind returned to her, and she realised what she was doing. She pulled away and ran to her room, shrieking words of sorry. She locked herself in her room, sliding down the wall, ashamed of what she had done. Andrew reached for her hand, but as he touched it, she was gone. He took this as his que to leave. He slowly walked down the stairs, and as he reached the bottom he realised what had happened. Caris had been hallucinating. She hadn't meant to kiss him. She thought it was Hayden she had been kissing. Tears had been falling. Her face was wet against his. A sick feeling welled up inside of him. She had a razor blade. She was going to slit herself. He didn't want to imagine what would have happened if he hadnt interupted her. Then he thought of how she had been, the year before.
Happy and sweet. Not a worry about any boy. Or what they thought of her.
How Caris had changed.