Reduced To Tears.

Stop,Revive,Survive

ONE YEAR LATER.

The sun was shining. Caris and Hayden walked around the oval together, hand in hand. Caris looked healthy again. Her hair was a pretty, lighter shade of dirty blonde. Caris and Hayden laughed together, all in the past forgotten. Madison walked past ,Andrew’s arm around her hips. Andrew flashed Caris a smile, and Madison turned around and grinned. Madison had been pinning on Andrew for a long time, and thanks to Caris’s knowledge of all, she had got them together.
Hayden squeezed Caris’s hand as they watched Madison and Andrew walk off together, Madison resting her head on Andrew’s shoulder.
“They look really happy together.” Hayden glanced down at his girlfriend, who was still gazing at her two friends.
“Yeah. I guess they do.” Hayden laughed.
Still staring down at Caris, he noticed how happy she looked. Her eyes had regained they’re sparkle. Caris looked up at him, and smiled.
“What? Is there something on my face?” She asked curiously.
“Only your nose.” He bend down slightly, and kissed her nose affectionately, sending shivers through her spine. Caris smiled at him.
“This is all I’ve ever wanted.” Hayden looked into her eyes before replying.
“Good. Because I feel the same way.” Caris turned her head away, trying not to let the huge smile escape onto her lips.
Hayden laughed and slung his arm around her shoulders. Ella and Charity were smiling and laughing together, connected by an earphone. Caris had actually been mildly surprised to find that Ella had known, and she didn’t mind that Caris and Hayden were together. Ella had started going out with a guy from another school, and Charity hadn’t really changed much at all. Charity hated the fact that Madison had replaced her as a friend and that Caris had long stopped talking to her.
“What are you thinking about, baby?” Hayden asked. Caris looked into his deep chocolate brown eyes.
Those brown eyes that she trusted so much. She considered him for a moment, and decided it wasn’t worth lying.
“I’m thinking about all the bullshit from last year. Everything. How I absolutely hated Ella. Because of everything she had, that I didn’t. I never want to feel that way again.” Caris stopped and looked at him, a blush rising into her cheeks.
Hayden stopped walking. “Did I really hurt you that much?” Caris nodded. “I’m so sorry. You should have told me. I never realised how much I loved you, until I found you loved me. But I did. Ever since the first time I saw you.” Hayden said softly, just as a bucket of rain began to fall; a sun shower.
All around the oval, people started shrieking and running for cover. But not Caris and Hayden. They just stood. Staring into each other’s other.
“Love at first sight.” Caris whispered. Then it happened. Her leant down and kissed her. He kissed her straight on the lips, and they were in Heaven. Her arms snaked around his neck, his arms around her waist. There they were. Kissing in the pouring rain. Caris’s dream.
And they were being watched, by a small crowd of jealous onlookers, but they didn’t care. They didn’t care, because they had both finally got the happy ending they had always wanted.