Love That Leaps Without A Shove

five

I heard an irritating voice looming over my head. High-pitched and irritating it was… bitchy in all its glory. I groaned loudly and shoved my head under my pillow, as if it would help matters. My head was pounding, my brain was being squeezed from its juices.
I felt dry.

Groggily, I kicked the sheets off of me and took a moment to regain some power in order to get up. With shaky legs, I stood up, waiting until the motion sickness was over. Ugh, bad hangover.

This was why I stopped drinking, I almost always went overboard when I had the chance to drink. Of course, I never thought about the consequences of drinking while drinking. I couldn’t even recall how many times I had experienced heavy hangovers.

I even remember a school trip, where I got so wasted that they had taken us to some museum and I had passed out on the steps.
Ah… good old school days.

It was a sunny day outside my window. Too sunny for my liking, I had to admit. Fuck California…

Looking around my room, I saw nobody. Where was that voice coming from? I could still hear it, this time a bit less audible, but nonetheless there.

I put my ear against Joe’s door. Yep. It was coming from there. My eyes bulged. This must be Elyssa. Before I could even take a step back, that very door opened forcefully and I fell straight on my face. Great, hungover and falling all over the place. Peachy.

“Hello?”

I looked up and saw a blonde, with hair parted in the middle and perfectly crisp clothes, black bell-bottomed pants, a black shit with a silk scarf carefully wrapped around her neck. It looked like her hair wouldn’t move ever, no matter what. It was perfect.

“I’m Lily,” I mumbled, getting up.
Now, if I were Joe, I wouldn’t need to think twice about choosing between Elyssa and I. Here I was, looking like I had crawled out of a gutter and then there was Elyssa, decked out in perfection, with her expensive and trendy clothes.

“Elyssa,” she said, shaking my hand and looking me up and down. She didn’t seem to be very fond of me. “Joe has told me a lot about you.”

“Yeah,” Joe said, coming into view. His hair was messy… who knows what they had been doing. He held her from behind, resting his chin on her shoulder carelessly.

“So you’re Tom’s girl or something?” she asked. I had the vague feeling that I was being interrogated.

I grinned. “Tom and I? Nope, we’re just really good friends. Just like Joe and I,” I answered with a bitter tone towards the end. How much did she know? Did she know Joe and I used to be a ‘we’? Did she even fucking know that I knew how good Joe was in bed?

“Oh well, we really have to go and get the dresses ready,” she said hastily, grabbing her bag.

“Okay,” I mumbled, ready to head back to bed.

“You’re coming. Joe didn’t mention anything?” she squeaked. “Joe you didn’t tell her did you?”

She shot an accusing glare at Joe and he shrugged, looking away.

“What?” I asked petrified.

“One of my best friends couldn’t make it so I’m in need of a bride’s maid.”

I clenched my jaw. Fucking asshole. “Okay Elyssa, could you wait outside while I get ready. I also need to speak to Joe.”

She mumbled sure, ticked off and walked out, slamming the door behind her. Now that left us alone, joe and I.

“You’re such a fucking sissy!” I shouted, pushing him. “You wanted to wait last minute and tell me I’m actually taking part in this wedding! Well, not wedding, more like a fucking circus show!”

“I knew you’d say no, so I thought you’d agree if Elyssa asked!” he said, raising his voice and sounding offended.

“She doesn’t seem to like me that much! Did you notice? Hell, you should have asked Joey to wear a fucking gown and be a bride’s fucking maid, it will be much easier! Does she even know about us?” I screamed.

“Of course she knows. But we’re friends Lily and she has no reason to not trust me!”

I heaved with anger and I would have solved this all in a second if it weren’t for that little bitch waiting outside. I would have pushed him against the wall and it would all be history.

“I don’t think she likes me…” I mumbled.

“Just give her a chance,” he pleaded in a way that didn’t make him look like a dicklicker.

I huffed and slammed the door in his face, deciding to get ready. Maybe I’d say some horrible things about him to Elyssa and she would call off the marriage.

I brushed my hair and put a pair of boots over my pants, the same pants I had been wearing for two days now. I took my shirt off, emptying my bag upside down so I could find a clean one. I settled with a tacky plaid shirt, so I just buttoned that up and went out the door.

Elyssa was waiting and cast me a look, clearly disapproving what I was wearing. I was probably making her look bad but I didn’t give a shit, was I not doing her a favor right now?

She had an expensive sports car, bright red, a typical color for people that just died for some attention. I was just embarrassed to be in it. She wasn’t even speaking to me, she simply cranked up the music to whatever radio station she had been listening to and ignored me all the way there, to Rodeo drive, where she had her fucking custom made wedding dress.

She had mentioned that they needed to make adjustments again. Well, she was probably aiming for the smallest size ever, starving herself days before the wedding just so she could look fabulous. Hmm, how nice.

I was sitting there quietly, minding my own business, when she slammed on the brakes and started cursing like she was born to do that. I was shocked, not by some potential accident but by her screaming profanities in the middle of the busy highway.

She pulled the car over, parking it and got out, pounding on the store that couldn’t be other than the store that was responsible for creating her perfect fairytale wedding dress.
My head was splitting even more by her shouting; apparently, they hadn’t opened yet. But what was happening with her? She was seriously insane. What kind of normal person starts screaming for no reason?

There was a lady dashing towards the door and unlocked it, apologizing over and over about not being open for Elyssa. Gosh that bitch must have connections around here. I would have certainly not run around her as if she were the queen of the world.

I hesitantly followed her and a bunch of seamstresses attacked me, pulling me over to a little raised floor and they started undressing, to my utter horror. They must have thought I was a hobo, I looked like one but they didn’t comment on it, maybe they thought I was Elyssa’s friend and had the character to match hers as well.

Feeling extremely self-conscious, they measured my waist, chest, thighs, everything. Joe and Steven were right, my boobs had gotten bigger…
I was standing there in my underwear when I saw the material I was going to have fitted around me. It was the ugliest shade of pale green, almost cabbage-color. Fuck, I was going to be the cabbage of the wedding.
They should just have me stand there by the buffet, nobody would notice me, I would blend right in with all the salads and vegetables.

It felt like hours on end, of women telling me to suck my stomach in even though I had a perfectly normal body, just not anorexic, like Queen Elyssa’s. I could hear her complain and scream ‘Tighter’ all the time.
They brought shoes for me to try. I hated heels; why couldn’t I just wear my cowboy boots under the dress? Nobody would see them anyways, the dress was long enough, it basically just dragged behind me.

Then, there was another round of measuring, claiming that the sizes of the other bride’s maids were smaller and that it would be easier if all the gowns were the same. Were Elyssa’s friends malnourished or something? Or did she have some scrawny kids to compensate for all her girlfriends that had died by starving themselves.

“And you need to dye your hair again Lily, when was the last time you had it done?”
I turned and saw Elyssa standing behind me, in her glorious, over-the-top wedding dress. I wanted to torch her alive.

“Five months.”

She laughed. “Yeah, we have to do something about it. Maybe another color, brown, you know, red is eye-catching and its going to be my day. Not yours.”

She said all that trying to sound funny but I could tell that this snake was dripping poison all over. Well lady, be careful when you bite your tongue and taste your own fucking poison.

“I’m keeping it red, its my color. Not brown,” I stated, facing myself in the mirror and smiling madly. I was going to bring that bitch down.

She snorted and left me alone, while I tried taking off the piece of material they had wrapped around my body in order to measure my fatness, as the Queen probably thought. I stood in the mirror for a long time, not finding a lot of stuff wrong.
Okay, maybe I had some curves but I wasn’t over-weight or fat… and certainly not a stick. I got compliments from guys all the time; I just never seized the opportunity to have a relationship.

How in god’s name could I not have noticed that my tits had gotten bigger? I could see clearly now that I was over-flowing my bra. A new bra wouldn’t be that bad come to think of it.

I heard a knock on the door and sighed.

“Look, I can’t suck in every inch of my body! You’ll make the dress my size!” I shouted.

“Uh okay?”

I turned around, expecting a seamstress but only saw Joe. My face dropped and I scrambled to find my clothes or anything that would cover me up instead of leaving me exposed in my underwear and my small fucking bra.

“C’mon Lily, I’ve seen in you in much less…” he laughed.

“I don’t care, turn around!”
He did as I told him and I threw my clothes back on as quickly as possible. I didn’t even know why I was acting this way. Hell, if I wanted to seduce him, I would have to run around in my underwear. Still, I morally felt bad, since Elyssa was in the room next to this one.

“What do you want here? Peeking in while women are dressing?” I asked him, laughing to cover up my embarrassment.

“Came to pick Elyssa up, gonna go look at some stuff…” he said, sounding very bored about it all.

“She’s got quite a character,” I claimed, pretending to look around, “she almost attacked this lady in the shop.”

He cleared his throat. “If you’ve been talking to Steven, don’t fucking believe a word he says.”

With that, he left, with no emotion and most likely hating me. That was the thing about Joe, it would take him a long time to open up and express what his feelings are. I can’t complain about him, back when we were together, I never really liked being affectionate in front of others. I used to pull away or pretend I had something to do that very moment.
He knew me too well of course but never said anything because we both were weird when it came to relationships.

I checked around the place, Elyssa had left, leaving me all alone. So I waved the ladies goodbye and headed out on the street, someplace where I could kill time, or even better, kill myself. Oh how pleasant.

I found a payphone and a couple of change in my pocket. I called the hotel and asked them to connect me with one of the guys’ rooms.

“Sorry miss, everyone is out.”

“Everybody?” I muttered.

“Oh wait miss, there’s Mr. Tyler right now at the lobby.”
I heard the person leave the phone for a second and I could hear conversation going on.

“Where are you?” Steven asked all of a sudden.

“Down at Rodeo… I don’t have any money for a cab…”

“I was about to go out for lunch, I guess I can come pick you up,” he said.

“Okay, see you soon. And thanks!”

I hung up the phone and sat on the sidewalk. It was burning hot but it was better than standing. I hated August, I really did, it was always so warm and being stuck in Los Angeles was even worse. Gah, august… a month to get married.
It was Thursday, three more days until that dreaded event. And still no luck…

So I waited around, counting how many chewing gums had turned into flat black substances on the pavement. 20 minutes of doing that, Steven finally arrived.

He opened the cab door for me and I jumped inside, sliding against the leather seats.

“You look horrible,” he admitted, taking a good look at me behind his shades.

“I’ll tell you everything over lunch, I am this close to strangling somebody.”

The cab stopped at some small little restaurant, that, thank god, had air-conditioning. I think I had lost five pounds thanks to all the sweat.

We sat at the first table we found and ordered. I basically grabbed the water glass and chugged its contents down my throat, I was parched.

“Okay, so spit it out,” he said, bringing his elbows on the table and resting his head.

“She’s such a bitch, I can’t stand her! I think she must hate me or something and she treats everybody like shit… never in my life have I met such a demanding person!”

He nodded in agreement, speaking in a hushed voice. “Elyssa is not going to do Joe any good. I tell you, she’s bad news and I’ll tell you why,” he said, sipping on his glass of wine for a moment.

“Elyssa and I knew each other back when we were kids. She dated this English rock star but his career went no where… and Joe knew her but he was always too scared to approach her, little miss intimidating bleached blonde. And then, he fucking writes her this letter, some years ago, telling her we got a record deal. She fucking flew over from England as soon as she found out.
And let me tell you Lily, she has him wrapped around her little finger. She’s a conniving little cunt and I’m sure that she puts words into Joe’s head. She makes us fight about stupid stuff, she brings tension into the band and I’m not liking it…”

“Wow… I never thought it was so serious…”

“It is Lily! I’m seriously considering about telling him not to marry her. Something really bad will happen, my gut tells me all that. She thinks she’s some kind of elitist and has decided to wrap Joe in her fucked up little world. She’s going to break this band up!”

I choked on my food. Steven wanting to stop this marriage? “I didn’t know you hated her that bad… how come you agreed to be best man?”

“What?” he asked as his fork and knife dropped on his plate. “Who told you that?

“Joe did, when I was in Boston…”

“I’m gonna kill him, I swear!” he shouted. “He had asked me to but of course I said no! No way in hell I’m going to be standing there and watch her destroy everything! And that brings us to you! Why the fuck would you say yes to Elyssa about being a bride’s maid?”

“Joe asked me to…” I mumbled, trying to hide behind my hair.

“You know what that bitch did to Joe?”

I tensed. “What?”

“She bit him. In the fucking face.”

I let out a laugh until I realized he wasn’t joking. “Why would she bit his face?”

“I don’t know, ‘cuz she’s unstable? All I know is that one day, Joe comes to rehearsal with teeth marks on his face, fucking deep ones.”

“That’s the craziest shit I’ve ever heard! You mean she beats him up?”

“I hear them all the time Lily! She pushes him, hits him and you know Joe, he wouldn’t dare hit her. He actually loves her… unbelievable but true.”

“I can’t believe this…” I whispered.

“Yet you fell in Elyssa’s trap. She has you running after her with wedding gowns babe! I can’t understand why you’d agree in the first place. If I were you, I’d head back to Boston.”

“I can’t go to Boston Steven…” I looked around before I leaned towards him. “I promised Joe I’d be here.”

His gaze seemed to tell how confused he was by all my actions. Then, in a spontaneous movement, he covered his mouth with both his hands, as if struggling to cover a scream.

“Holy fucking lord!” he hissed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Revelations much?

Image
Don't you love how gay they look? Gay as in happy of course... or not.

comments=love