Status: Active

Oh, Your Love Will Do

One

Ella's point of view

My footsteps pounded on the ground over and over, one after another, and each breath I took became quicker and more jagged as I ran further and further.

I saw my mark, and I knew the end of my daily jog was nearly over. Two miles or so a day was the only exercise I had time for anymore, and I made the best of it.
About twenty more paces and I met my mark. I stopped as suddenly as I had initially started and began to walk, breathing heavily, with my hands resting on my thin waist. I could feel my heart working furiously in my chest while beads of sweat decorated my forehead.

I was tired, without a doubt. More tired than usual, it seemed. My endurance was fading. Perhaps from lack of sleep, or stress…the end of the semester demanded a lot of studying and a small amount of sleep. Running was my therapy. Without it I would completely loose myself.

After gathering my water and keys I began the walk back to my dorm in silence. It was late at night, and I was alone in the school gym on the indoor track. The silence was daunting. As usual I walked back to the elevator that was on the second floor, only to find that it was out of order. I had forgotten already, even though it was in the very same condition whenever I first got to the gym. Another sign of lack of sleep and stress.

I rerouted and took the stairs to the first floor and exited, walking briskly so my muscles wouldn’t tighten up after jogging for so long.

The air outside the gym was warm and humid, and it exhausted me greatly. I was walking without a care in the world, trying to collect and organize my plans for the next day, whenever I saw that the Dance Studio’s lights were left on. Fear struck me, initially, because lights were never on at the school so late at night, but I soon dismissed the fear on the account that the light could have simply been forgotten by the last user of the studio.

It would not have been an unreasonable assumption had the music not begun playing, soon accompanied by light steps. A dancer’s steps.

Curiosity struck me then. Dancing? At midnight?

Perhaps the thought was not really so preposterous. The school was notorious for training some of the best dancers in the country. A dedicated dance major would not hesitate to stay up all night training to get their opportunity.

I cautiously approached the studio, curiosity driving out any fear that remained…

The door was left slightly ajar, but I could only see the long mirror that lined the wall. The footsteps belonged to a young girl…a beautiful girl. She had dark red hair, and her skin was smooth and milky white. Her legs were long, and her body was thin and inviting. She was absolutely gorgeous…

She was dancing. Ballet, I think, and she moved gracefully in quick, sure movements that made me admire her even more. Her thin waist, and her luscious thighs…
She danced beautifully, and I was captivated. Wordless and without conscious thought.

Mindlessly I opened the door further so I could look at her instead of her reflection, and I watched in silence. It occurred to me that perhaps what I was doing was wrong, or creepy, but I didn’t care. Such a beautiful dancer deserves an audience.

Eventually her dancing was interrupted, and so was my temporary spell, and I was spotted.

She looked at me with intense and embarrassed eyes, and I looked back apologetically.

“I-I’m sorry” I stuttered “I just saw that the studio lights were on and I thought I’d…uh..”
My explanation hardly seemed to console her.
I felt horrible instantly, and sighed.

“I really am sorry for watching you like that…but it was beautiful. I couldn’t take my eyes off of you.”
I smiled, embarrassed, and began to watch her again, like I had before.

She was obviously done dancing because she stood on her heels rather than her toes and she turned off the music. She then gathered her things together and smiled and blushed whenever I spoke.

“Well, I can hardly believe that” she said, still smiling “but I do accept your apology. I shouldn’t be out here so late anyways.”
She looked at me, and smiled again.

I smiled back, blushing, she was ridiculously gorgeous. She had bright blue eyes, and her lips curved in such a way that I was drawn in to her…

There was a moment of silence as she stood before me awkwardly, and my embarrassment grew.

“I’m uh, I’m Ella” I said, holding my hand out to hers.
I was suddenly aware of the sweat on my forehead and the redness of my cheeks from running.

She smiled again, and took my hand, shaking it.
Her hands were soft, but her touch was firm, and I was very aware of her skin touching mine.
“I’m Isabelle” she returned with a soft smile. She didn’t seem so bitter about me watching her anymore.

I didn’t want to let her go, but she seemed ready to head home after putting on sweats and a tank top over her leotard and turning off the studio lights. She probably didn’t want to talk to the person who caught her dancing anyways.

We said our goodbyes and she slanted off in the direction of the dorms…the same dorms of my own. So I followed.

“I’m sorry,” I said, laughing as I caught up to her “My dorms are this way too..”

I was certain she would be nothing but annoyed with me, but to my surprise she smiled and nodded.

“That’s alright, there’s no need to apologize. Walking home this late tends to be lonely anyways.”

I smiled and blushed.
“Well, I’ll accompany you, if you’d like.”

She nodded again
“I think I’d like that” she said, contemplatively, pausing for a moment.
“How long were you watching me?”

My heart sank.

“uh..uhm, just for a little while. Maybe a minute or two.” I stuttered, embarrassed all over again.
“I really am sorry.” I said, biting my lip.

She nodded and smirked
“Really, it’s alright. I was just wondering.”

We walked in silence for about five minutes, neither of us knowing what to say, it seemed. Soon the dorms loomed ahead of us, dark and dank, and I didn’t want to go inside. I knew that would conclude our company with each other, which I didn’t want. I wanted to talk to her, and to learn more about her.. Something about her intrigued me greatly, and I didn’t want to let it go.

Perhaps it was her body, and the fact that my eyes strayed from her face more than once, but I was sure it was more than that. Something about her…

Sooner than I had anticipated we reached the dorm building. We parted whenever we reached my door, 34B, on the second floor. We said our goodbyes again, and my heart felt heavy. I knew I would probably never see her again. My only hope would be to stumble upon her at school somehow, or at the studio again, but it may not happen. With one last smile I stepped inside and shut the door, and I sighed a great sigh.

I had no hope with her, so what was I thinking? I went about my routine, showering and climbing into bed, trying not to think about her. But whenever I closed my eyes for the night, the only thing on my mind was Isabelle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Should I continue?