Grey Goose

xoxo

The bottle felt heavy in my hands grasp.

Heavy for multiple, different reasons. One being because it made me feel like an adult. These feelings of adulthood weighed nearly a hundred pounds in only a twenty five ounce bottle. Two being because I had drank a little too much out of it's smooth mouth that left my lips dry and burning. The crystal clear bottle of vodka was placed close to my thigh with a drowsy skeleton hand still half clinging to it's slim neck.

At six thirty in the morning, before school had even started, this greedy tongue had been begging for something to quench it's thirst, and when the few sips of orange juice didn't appease the drought the sly eyes caught the beauty of a glistening bottle on top of the wooden cupboards. The hands did all the work, don't let those legs or arms fool you, but then the mind did all the thinking. The emotions took over and the mind succumbed to the dangerously tempting ideas that were swimming through the veins.

The mind allowed these body parts to pop open that sleek blue cap, slip through the back door and sit on the dewy morning grass with a bottle of grey goose. It allowed the vodka to cure the rest of the body and purge it of the dark, hollow thoughts that crept in like a hungry predator.

But in reality, I let these things happen. I let the alcohol take its course through my veins, through my body and mind so it could evolve into another person. This person would be outgoing, friendly and have others to confine in when she is upset. This other person wouldn't cry all the time, or go looking for the liquor bottle when she feels the need to escape to a different reality.

I let this happen because it has something that I want. It has wings just like those geese on it's silky glass. Grey goose is just another reality I'm pretending to live in until I am granted these wings that will allow me to soar across these skies instead of watching with a smoldering jealousy as others fly above and I am stuck here on the ground.