Sequel: Halfway There

Almost Gone

Chapter Fifteen

Well it's my birthday today and we've been here for probably a little over a year and i guess you could say things have really changed around here...

I began to wake up, opening my eyes only to see Max laying right beside me staring at me.

"Happy Birthday Ella " Max whispers into my ear.

I look around the room seeing Emma and Kate still sound asleep.

In shock i quietly say" Max!? What the hell are you doing here in my bed." I say yawning and trying to get up.

"Just thought i'd give you your birthday present early" he smirks and then winks.

" Max stop being such a pervert" I say giving him an evil look.

" Jeez Ella It's not that. God". He reachs over the side of the bed and picks up a small present wrapped in yellow and purple wrapping paper.

" What's this for?"

"Well I was shopping around with Carl and Sam yesterday and it seemed perfect for you"

In total shock I begin to open the tiny box. When i managed to get off the wrapping paper i saw a felt type box which i recognized because well it was the typicial jewelery box which most jewelery came out of. At least i thought it was jewelery. I began to open the box only to see a small silver necklace with an 'E' shaped letter covered with diamonds at the end of it.

"Max it's... beautiful"

" Yeah thats why i figured it would match you perfectly"

"Thank you, but you didn't need you get me anything." I smiled.

"No i did. I mean i've treated you horribly this past year and i guess this is a sorry slash Happy Birthday gift"

Wow. He's really changed i thought to myself.

"Oh and If you actually want your other gift you can come over to my room later though" he smiles winking again.

"Only you would find a way to ruin a perfectly good moment"

"Just giving you the option." He smiles.

I sighed tiredly "Well as fantastic as that offer sounds i'll pass.. may i go back to sleep now?" I smile big.

"Fine.." He groans and hops off my bed.

***

Later that morning..

"Happy Birthday Ella!" Kate chants and Emma grins.

"Wha-" I say still tried.

"Kay me and Emma have you birthday present so you have to open it!" Kate says in an excited voice.

"Okay well can i open it later cause i'm really tired and-"

Ella we spent alot of time picking out the right gift so you better open it now. Emma writes.

"okay okay fine."

Emma and Kate begin to hand me a large birthday bag with ribbons and bows attached to the sides. I began to open the gift bag and pull out the tissue paper when i see a pair of pink and brown pjs.

"Awhh these are so cute!" I smile.

I remember Emma had the same pair in green and pink and I remembered always loving them.

I began to open the rest of the gift which included new slippers, a new bathing suit, and some candy.

"Thank you so much guys! Awhh you really shouldn't have" I hugged them both.

"You derserve it." Kate smiles sweetly. "So whats up with you being so tired today?"

"Max woke me up this morning... at like 4am"

"Really? How come? Ohhh wait what's that over there" Kate points to the small black felted box by my bed.

"It's nothing really just something Max gave me this morning." I say as Emma begins to open up the box.

"Oh my gosh! Max gave you this? Are you serious!?" Kate says with shock. "See he's trying Ella." Kate gleams."He really likes you and when are you gonna finally accept that you like him back?"

I began to think. Maybe i did like him a little but i still wasn't sure about him. I mean we've spoken a lot lately but he seemed more of a friend then anything as odd as that sounded. I sat on my bed looking at the necklace that was perfectly placed in the box. Looking under the flap of the necklace i found a small note that read Happy Birthday Ella. I hope you'll wear this necklace because well i think it was ment for you. Again i'm really sorry for treating you wrong this past year and i hope you'll forgive me. Love- Max♥. I read the note over a couple of times and then decided to pick up the necklace and put it on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not verry good but i thought Ella's p.o.v needed to be udated. Comment please :)