Sequel: Halfway There

Almost Gone

Chapter Twenty-Four

Emma came into the room sobbing. "What's wrong?" I asked. She wrote:

I'm ready to tell the past.

"What about the past?"

My story.

"Could you talk?" I asked.

Emma nods.

"Tell me!" I said loud.

Well, my dad always said I had a...

Me and Emma walked out of the room and went back to work. Something about us changed like we had a stronger friendship.

After work I ran out to the beach. The sun was just setting and the water was red and pink. I heard someone walking behind me. I thought is was Sam. But, then two arms pick me up and then pushed me to the ground. I looked up to see Mac.

"Hey, Katie."

"Its Kate."

"Like I care."

"Umm?" I said not knowing what to say.

"Get up. I want you to go for a swim with me."

"Going to make me?"

"I might." He pulled me up hard, hurting my right arm.

"Damn you!! That hurt." When he pulled me into the water. He started to ask me about Sam and where I lived before I was taken here.

"Sam? He's just a guy that helps me work and not mess up. I used to live in L.A right no the beach. That's why I love coming out here to much."

"You know I've got the power to let you go."

"I know."

"But, you have to give me one thing."

"Whats that?" I just getting frighten.

"You." He paused. "I'll let you think about it." He got out of the water and dried off. I walked back to the house and sat down in my bed. I could be free only if I gave myself to Mac. No, that was wrong. But, how much I want to see my family again. I'll do it.

With all of these thoughts I went to bed. Forgetting Sam was waiting for me in our Garden Room.

I woke up. I saw Mac sitting on my bed. "I'm leaving today. But, be back next week. Think about what I said. And don't make me mad."

"O-o-okay."

He kissed me on forehead. "I love you." He said before he left the room. Mac did all of those bad things to Emma. And I was really thinking about giving myself to him. What a friend I am. I fall back asleep with Mac and his offer in my head. But, somehow Sam keeps on getting in the dream to.
♠ ♠ ♠
Will Kate do it? Or will she remember the love her had with Sam?