Sequel: Halfway There

Almost Gone

Chapter Twenty-Eight

It’s been over a week. Everyday I’ve been helping Emma try to talk. I think we’re finally getting there. I think she’ll be able to talk within next week. And be able to go on a date by tonight. I could feel the smile on my face.

“Carl!!!”, Sam yells. I jump, glaring at him. “Dude, Mac and Chase are here.”

“Mac and Chase?!!!”, I growl, already running toward Emma. I heard the screaming, and went running straight toward her. “Emma?!! What did you two do?!!!”

“Ask your whore,” Mac growls. I hold Emma close, letting her sob onto me.

“I’m gonna murder your sorry asses.”

“Then you’ll go to jail like your little whore’s dad.”

“Emma’s not a whore!!! You frickin’ raped her!!!”

“Is that what she told you, now?”, Mac says, smiling slowly. “Well, she lied.”

I wasn’t buying that for a second. Emma wouldn’t lie. Mac goes stomping away, and I was just happy that he wasn’t anywhere near Emma.

Mac’s trying to take Kate!!! Emma writes frantically. I stare down at the paper, feeling my eyes widen about half a mile. I start running down the halls, Emma soon in front of me, leading me.

Sam was banging on the door frantically, and Emma rolls her eyes, tapping his shoulder politely. Sam, you have to knock down the door. she writes calmly, smiling at him. Sam looks at her oddly a moment, shrugging.

“Carl, Max!!! Help me knock down the door!!!!!”, Sam growls, as we all go charging for it. Emma shakes her head, giggling.

“Boys,” she mouths, giggling. She writes something down, pushing it under the door. Mac comes barging out, as Emma skips away quickly, giggling all the while. I stare after her oddly, but Sam and Mac were wrestling. And it wasn’t for fun, like little boys do. It was like real fighting! Frickin’ awesome I must say. But I eventually started helping Sam, and Max took care of Chase.
♠ ♠ ♠
Good? Bad? Comment?