Sequel: Halfway There

Almost Gone

Chapter Twenty-Nine

Things have been crazy around here lately. I mean I couldn't believe Mac was treating Kate and Emma so badly. I wanted answers and I wanted them now.

So thats what I did i marched right up to Chase and demanded answers. I knew Mac was up to know good and i wanted to know why he was after Kate.
"Chase, why the hell is Mac after Kate?" I say angrily.

"Woah there sweetheart. I believe that's none of your business, now is it?" He says with ease.

"Yes it is my business and quite frankly it's always gonna always be my business because she's my bestfriend so you better give me some answers or-" I say only to be cut off at the end.

"Or what!? Your gonna beat me up? Or wait maybe your gonna call your boyfriend to beat me up. Ooh i'm terrified really." He says sarcastically clearly not intimidated by my words.
"Mac is just taking care of business sweetheart" He says reaching to twirl my hair.

"Don't call me sweetheart!" I say slapping his hand away from my hair.

"Your a feisty little one now aren't you." He laughs as he pulls me close holding he hands around my waist. "Maybe I should take care of you myself." He's says with a grin that was very unsettling.

He then begans to grab me arms trying to pull me into a room that was near by. "Now we can do the easy way or the hard way so co-operate with me here" he says sternly.

"NO, LET GO!!!" I scream. Kicking and trying to get away.

He then ends up dragging me into a random room. "YOUR NEXT!!" he chuckles evilly. "YOUR NEXT!"

I begin to scream.

Sitting up from the bed confused clearly waking Max who just so happened to be napping right beside me.

"They're coming for me" i say tears filling my eyes. " They're coming for me."

"Shh, Elle's you were having a bad dream." Max says. I look around the bright room realising i was back in my room.

"B-b-but they're coming for me" As tears begin to roll acrosss the sides of my cheeks that now felt hot.

"Who Elle's? Who?"

"Mac and Chase"

Max then begins to wipe back the tears that were now starting to fall across my face and held me close wrapping his arms around me.

"Ella" he says softly. "you were just having a bad dream . Mac and Chase are not coming after you as long as i'm this earth.

"But Mac's already tried to rape Kate and Mac's managed to bruise Emma. Maybe they're planning on doing something worse to-"

"Elles he's not gonna hurt you. I swear if one of them ever even touched you i'd kill them."

Hearing those words made me feel a bit better. I mean maybe he was right but then again how was i suppose to trust his words. I mean those words and promises could easily be broken and forgotten.

"Max?" I say.

"Yeah" he replied back.

"Do you promise?" i said staring into his deep green eyes.

"I promise" he replies staring back equally and smiling.

I watched Max as he began to get up and strech. "Want to go get some lunch from the kitchen?" He asks me winking.

I respond with a smile and a slight nod and start to hop up off of the bed and followed Max out of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
This took me a bit to write but i think it turned out okay. Let me now what you guys think.