Sequel: Halfway There

Almost Gone

Chapter Thirty-Five

It was the perfect day. Clear blue skies, nice hot wheather and the sand and water all reflecting off each other. I was on our beach with Kate and Emma laying back on the sand tanning. I started to sit up, looking out as the water slowly rocked back and forth. The salty beach feel and cool mist all hitting me in one sweep as i breathed in the beachy air.

I look over to the left seeing Kate and Emma laying beside me when i begin to ask. "What do you guys think I should do? Should I stay? Or should I go?"

"Talk to Max" Emma begans to suggest."I mean I think he'll help you figure out what you want to do." She says as she adjusts her sunglasses that were on her face.

"Can't you guys just tell me what I should do?" I say sighing." I really don't know and even though I miss my family and all I can't leave my best friends.. and Max."

"Awh, whatever you decide hun, well always be bestfriends and we'll always stay close but we wouldn't be your real friends if we just told you what to do and where to be." Kate says.

"Thanks I guess..." I lyed back down on my beach towel just closing my eyes and picturing life without this beach which i was oddly attached to now. I pictured life without Emma and Kate, without Max.. but it was very hard.

"Hey Ladies" a very familuar voice says. I look up only to see Max as he was smiling at Kate and Emma leaving him smiling at me a bit bigger when he looked at me last.

Kate and Emma look up at Max responding with a friendly 'hey' back.

"Is it okay if i borrow Ella for a sec?"

"Oh yeah sure, take as long as you guys need." Kate says.

I begin to get up grabbing my beach towel and placing it on my shoulder. The two of us started to walk across the beach by the water.

"You look sexy in that bikini Elle's." He says winking.

"Thanks Maxy" i say just to annoy him cause i know how much he hates when i call him that.

"Really Ella? Really? I'd rather you call me anything but that." He says clearly getting flustered.

"I'm only kidding Max." I smile teasingly. "So whats up?"

"Kay well i don't know if you've made your dissission yet but before you do I wanted to know where your head was at." He said as we began to sit side by in the sand.

"No idea whats so ever." i say sighing. I mean i miss my family and all but i don't want to leave."

"Well.. whats keeping you here?"

I knew he knew I mean everyone knew. Max was the main thing keeping me here. I mean I was totally into him and i didn't want to leave his side.

"You" I say squinking out the sun that was shinning in my eyes and looked in his direction.

I couldn't help but watch his piercing green eyes wondering just how he'd respond. He then slowly leaned in. His face mesmerizing, my lips within inches from his. I could feel his breath againist my face. I hesitated, taking in all his features at once as he slowly brought his soft and gentle lips to mine.

Moments later we began to pull away. I then begin to look away holding one finger to my lips. I can't believe he just kissed me i thought to myself now smiling.

"I love you Elle's" he whispers as he kisses my cheek" Whatever you decide that will never change.

"I love you more." I whisper back. "Tell me what to do" I plead.

"Just go with your gut feeling"

I rested my head on his shoulder wishing for once someone would tell me what to do because i had no idea.

***

"Knock Knock" i say knocking on Max's room door.

"Hey cutie" He smiles sweetly. "You know it's like 2 am?" He streches and yawns.

"Yeah, i know i just wanted to let you know something." I say curling up next to Max on his bed. Pulling some covers over myself.

"And what would that be?" He says holding me close and shifting over making room for me.

I kiss him quick. " I'm staying." I whisper into his ear.

I watch him as his face begins to light up and a smile begains to come across on his face."YES!" he says excitedly and kisses me passionately. "Really!? Are you sure though?"

"Yeah i'm sure." I respond sure. "I mean if i leave i'll never be able to come back here. My parents would never let me leave home again." i said.

I was positive my parents would never let me come back here which scared me because this place was now my home and I didn't picture myself living anywhere else anymore. I especially didn't picture myself back at home where even though I got average grades my parents expected better of me, where anything less than perfect was not acceptable, where my parents had already planned out which university i was going to and where even though i was spoiled and went to a very rich school i never seemed to fit in. The truth was maybe I didn't want to go back to all that stuff.

"Well, if you ever feel the need to leave. I will totally understand. But if you ever did want to leave then the only thing i ask is that you please don't run-off on me." He says laughing a bit.

I begin to laugh. "I'd never do that to you!" I say.

"Just checking." He responds back quickly. "Have you told anyone yet-that your staying?"

"Nope, you're the first. I am going to tell everyone else later on today though."

"Oh.. well have you heard the news about Kate and Sam?" He says watching me for my answer.

"No... is everything okay..?" I said now thinking to myself and hoping that everything was okay.

"Oh, everything's fine. They're getting married." He said with an almost serious look on his face.

WHAT!? i thought to myself. Why didn't she tell Emma or I earlier!? Was my first thought. I was happy for her and all but i was a little upset that she didn't tell me herself.

"Wow" i managed to say not really sure of how to react to this news. "T-that's... crazy..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry not very good =S
comment pleasee! =)