Sequel: Halfway There

Almost Gone

Chapter Thirty-Nine

As strange as it was with Kate and Sam gone the house seemed so quiet which almost never was the case. I mean the house always used to be loud and full of entertainment but then again what else would you expect from putting 6 teenagers in the same house together. With Kate and Sam gone off on their honey-moon it only left Emma, Carl, Max and I in the house which was totally different from what we were all used to now.

It was only me and Emma though sitting in the living room by the tv. The boys were outside on the beach surfing and doing boy stuff. I was curled up under a large blanket on the sofa while Emma sitting up on the other end flipping through tv channels looking for something good to watch.

I felt terrible though which was odd because i barely ever got sick. Every so often i found myself running to the bathroom and standing by the toliet. I apparently had the flu or something which i automatically figured was from being on the beach and in the beach water for so long.

I reached for my now almost empty ginger ale that was now sitting on the table.

"Ella, you look terrible hun." Emma says watching me as I began begin to rest my ginger ale back on the table.

"Blehhh." I manage to murmur. "I do feel terrible. I think I have the stupid flu or something and what exactly are you eating Em!? It smells disgusting." i say flipping the pillow that I was laying on to the cold side feeling nauseous.

"...Pizza..." she then said looking at me with one eyebrow raised. "I could've sworn you liked pizza like 2 days ago." She said now watching me.

"Mhmm, i do but today it smells-" Before i could finish my thought i quickly got up running back to the bathroom with my hand held tight over my mouth.

All i could think about was how much I fricken' hated the flu and how much it sucked having it when I was little. I remembered only really getting it once when I was 7 but I remembered how sick I was and how horrible I felt.

Before I returned to the living room I stopped in the kitchen grabbing a mint and another can of ginger ale holding it up against my feverish head.

When I came back and lied back down on the sofa i noticed Emma didn't really seem bothered as she was still watching tv and munching on her pizza. Before I knew it though I was back in the bathroom and once again grabbing some more mints from the cupboard and returned to the couch again but this time feeling a tiny bit better. When i came back this time though Emma's eyes were glued to me.

"Are you... okay?" she asked now with a worried expression.

"Yeah, i'm fine." I said watching her wondering why her facial expressions looked so worried.

"Ella... are you sure you have the flu?"

"Yeah..." I managed to say watching her knowing she clearly had something more to say.

"... Is there like any chance at all and I'm just throwing this out there... that maybe you could be...pregnant." She asked hesitantly saying the last word pregnant in a hushed tone.

Hundreds of thoughts poured into my head all at the same time. I couldn't believe at all that she thought I could be pregnant for one and two i knew nothing like that could ever happen to me. I mean I was only 16!

"Emma! I'm only 16!" I said feeling shocked she'd even think about that.

"Yeah, I know, I know! I'm just asking cause you like never know." She said clearly still worried."So, you're positive? You and Max were never...uhh... together..?" She said looking fidgety and uncomfortable.

At this point though I started to worry myself because i knew that Max and I had been together one night. We took all precautions and stuff which made me think I for sure wasn't pregnant but then again with the whole pizza thing it made me think that maybe something..went wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
Good? Bad? Is Ella Pregnant !?
Find out by reading our sequel story "Halfway There".