Sequel: Halfway There

Almost Gone

Chapter Eight

It's been almost a week and a half here and already this job is getting on my absolute nerves. I hate having to do this stupid printing work over and over again, which reminded me why i've always hated any kind of job involving working in office buildings. It was boring and made me feel trapped and confined and i was more of the outdoorsy type and wanted to be a journalist and visit historical places.

As I was working I glanced up to see what Kate and Emma were doing, hoping to see something more interesting than the job they put me up to but to no surprise they were doing about the same boring job I was. We've become so close lately that I actually couldn't see myself here alone in this fricken' hell without them.. Kate being almost like a sister to me and someone i could always count on for cheering up and Emma who even though didn't say anything was very comforting and sweet. I loved these girls but really they were the only people i had.

I then began to look over the rest of the room when i couldn't help but notice Max's bold green eyes staring right at me as he stood there against the wall in the very edge of the room. He then gave me a smirk and winked in my direction. My first thoughts was why the hell is he looking at me like that? Was he playing some kind of stupid twisted mind game i didn't know about? I didn't even bother to try and figure out what his deal was but decided to just go back to working before i was caught on a break that i didn't even have.

* * *

"Hey guys" I said when I was finally finished my job and was back into our room"

"Hey" Kate responded back while Emma waving with a smile. "Was it just me or was it fricken torture today?"

"Yeah it was hell.. i hate this friggen work they make us do. " i yawned and layed down on my bed and closed my eyes. "Hey do guys you know that Max guy?

"The guy with the dark hair, green eyes and who's that's always staring at you?" Kate replies.

"Yeah, wait WHAT!?" I say in shock.

"Yeah I mean everytime I seem to look at him he always seems to have his eyes on you"

"What!? Ughh. Well thats just great.. i have a creeper / kidnapper watching me 24/7... lovely." I say as i began to cover my head with the blankets"

"Well at least he's a cute creeper / kidnaper" she says and slightly laughs when i toss one of my pillows at her and it misses. " Hey!" She laughs. "Just trying to give you the bright side"

"Why thanks" I say sarcasticly. "

I begin to kneel down on the floor holding my hands together and closing my eyes. When get back up to get into bed again and look at Emma and Kate who are just sitting on their beds staring at me.

"What the heck were you doing?" Kate says.

" I was praying that i didn't get raped tonight." I reply.

"Your such a drama queen Ella." Kate sighs.

"Whatever" I grumble. "Well I'm going to bed and i'd appreciate if you guys prayed for me too." I smiled big and then shut my eyes and went to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy this!