‹ Prequel: Reminiscing
Sequel: Deleted Scenes
Status: Active

Caged Mentality

Come Out, Come Out

POV: Riel Carlin

“Cable...” I mumbled tiredly. It was about four in the morning. I was sitting in this bathroom again cleaning up a mess that shouldn't even be here. “You need to stop harming yourself. Please. There isn't a reason for it.”

“But...dad.. he came over and broke into our house. He yelled at me. He told me I was a worthless piece of shit! He hurt my mom and then just left. He said we weren't worth anything to him. We just get in his way all the time.” he cried sitting on the floor holding himself.

I knelt beside him wrapping my arms around him. Why was his father such an ass? Sometimes I wished I could just take him out of this life. There wasn't anyway to. Suicide wasn't the answer for him. Not for anyone.

Even if I cut, I would never kill myself. I was miserable a lot of the time, but I just looked at it as my punishment. For being a bad person of course. Its what I deserved.

I grabbed his hands then pulling him off the floor. “You aren't worthless. Would I be here at four in the morning if you were?” I laughed messing his hair up. “Your father is an ass. Don't listen to him. As for him being mean to your mother, you guys will need to call the police and tell them about it.”

I opened the bathroom door to pull him out. “Don't tell me to go to bed please.” he begged staring up at me with puppy eyes.

Smiling, I shook my head. “What do you want to do Cable? Your mother up still?”

“No. I called you and just let you in and everything. But I don't want to go to bed! I can't I hate it here.”

I sighed shaking my head. “You can spend the day with me then. But we're going to my house, you can just do whatever you want there except cut.”

He nodded happily. I picked up a piece of paper writing a note to his mother. I hoped she'd find it, but this wouldn't be the first time I had to do this. This poor kid was so dependent on others. He was almost failing school and was already in a grade behind. Mostly because he couldn't go to school in the state he was in. Or he decided he had to skip classes.

I led him out to my car heading back to my house. When we got there he just went for the videos. Always did.

“Don't be watching anything your mother wouldn't let you watch.” I warned going into my kitchen. I needed coffee...or something.

My head laid on the counter staring at the coffee container. Couldn't it just make itself? I needed it, it should make itself for me so I can have the energy to even drink it. Maybe there was an easier way to do this... like telekinesis...no that would have used up too much brain power... like some damn fairy or something! I coffee fairy... hell they don't even exist...

yea, it's four-thirty in the morning. I don't have to make sense.

“You having a problem Dr. Carlin?” Cable asked watching me almost fall to the floor asleep.

“Yeah, I need some damn coffee... but the stupid fucker won't make itself... I'm too tired to wanna bother getting the water...and pouring it into something dumb...then watching it take eons to work!” I grumbled. So I was a little cranky once in a while...i wasn't taking it out on Cable at least....

He giggled lightly then started making it for me. He was a good little coffee fairy. I patted his head then sat on the couch. This was a stupid show whatever it was. Something with a bunch of weird-ass animals dancing around.

“What is this shit?” I demanded grabbing the controller and switching it. Nothing was on.

“You're interesting when you're tired.” he noted sitting beside me. I glanced at him a moment then back at this stupid ass television.

“I used all my energy and stopping you from trying to kill yourself again. Well...helping you feel better... at least you called me this time and told me before being stupid. You're getting better. I mean first time had to almost break down your bedroom door... you had a really weird room, some fucked up picture with SpongeBob on the wall...or whatever that flaming little fucker is called...god...and the paint...it...well and you had some desk there too...didn't match the room at all...but it did remind me of one in some nice high end furniture store once. Some ugly ass chick was looking at it...creepy bastard...she was exactly like some other chick saw at a grocery store...kept following me the creepy fuck...”

“You want this coffee now? If you're done rambling on about nothing...and cussing to hell...” he muttered.

“Yeah, sure whatever...” I took the cup from him. I sipped it slowly feeling me wake up. I watched some stupid show with a yellow dude in it for like an hour...what a stupid show...

“It's not stupid!” Cable yelled throwing a spoon at me.

“Who the hell lives in a damn pineapple? No one normal. He's as fruity as his house!”

“And you're one to talk? Come on flamer! You should be sprouting fairy wings out of your back! Your mouth just spews rainbows!” he countered throwing his arms in the air to emphasize this fact.

I glared at him dully, “yeah? I'm not going around throwing hearts and making some chocolate heart as a valentine for my 'best friend.' how more gay do you get? I mean come on? And that one with the balloon stealing shit. He was riding a fucking rainbow!” literally...i have seen many gay guys in my life, but none of them ever rode a rainbow. Never had a coffee fairy either though... those should really exist...

Ok...caffeine is bad for me when I've gotten less then three hours of sleep.

“Why are you hating your own kind?” he asked somewhat glaring. It was funny. I burst out laughing.

“Hell, I don't see myself being so fruity. I may be gay but I'm not some stupid-ass flaming, fairy, rainbow riding sponge. I'm a therapist.”

“I like sponge bob. So be nice! I think you need to learn some manners!”

“Yeah? I think you need to learn to stop trying to die. But we all don't get what we want...”

I sighed looking at the clock. It was almost time to drag him to school and for me to go to work. This job was going to run me into the ground. What a pain in the ass...my lack of sleep I mean. I don't mind helping the kid out, he's just a full time job.

“Go jump in the shower. You got school in thirty.” I ordered pointing to the door.

“Yeah whatever flamer. Maybe I won't go to school.”

“Yeah ok closet fairy. Maybe you should come out anytime now.” I joked. I knew he wasn't gay, but it was fun to pick on him for watching a show like that. I swear half the kids who watched it didn't get half of it.

“Sorry, I can't, my door was right next to yours. Seeing as you left it wide open and yelling it out to the world I'm locked in. Tough shit.”

“Just go in the damn shower.” I laughed drinking the rest of my coffee. Even if I was tired as hell, today was starting out rather well.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope everyone liked this chapter! You got a little more of Cable :3
and a really tired Riel xD poor guy...
I thought we needed a happy chapter :3

lols anyways, there is another chapter coming with Cable in it! So I hope you all still love him :D
We have a few chapters prewritten, it's just a matter of rewriting them ^^ oh, and I do love spongebob <3 so don't be mad at me for making fun of him! xD

thanks;
oceanwalks
hugs.from.holly
Miyral
BisexualAngel
Atychiphobia.
X_hello_hello_X (don't worry :P very soon they will be talking again! :3)

thanks everyone! and keep it up we love your opinions!
<3 dice